Gotta hand it to the colts...they are better then I thought

3 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Titans score alot of points like the Bills 

I'll take the Bills defense against the Titans offense over the Titans defense against the Bills offense 10 out of ten times. 

If the Bills offense can sustain drives and avoid 3 and outs, letting the defense rest then McDermott can do his smoke and mirrors show to make them look better than they are... playing defenses like this one that can force the Bills into short drives allowing them to dominate time of possession really exposes the weaknesses the Bills have on defense. 

A bad defense can also let the Bills get out to a lead putting the ball in the air more which plays more to the strength of the defense. 

I'm not saying the Steelers or Titans are an easy out or that they aren't very good teams, but Bills match up better against them than they do the Colts. 

Edited by jeremy2020

8 minutes ago, TBBills said:

This was the case of the Bills offensive coordinator over thinking his game plan and the Bills defense playing down to their competition.

The Colts are not as good as the Bills made them look.

Not really.  All stats pointed to a much more even contest than what you say aove.  The colts came in with two players on the All-Pro defensive team and 2 players on the all-pro offensive team. Not to forget a smoking hot rookie RB who was terrorizing defense in December. 

Luckily for Buffalo, the Colts have a perennnial Choke Artist at the QB position. He cannot make the big throws to win big games. Seen it his entire career. He falls apart when it matters. Every single time.

This is why Eli Manning > Philip Rivers forever and always.

Edited by JoshAllenReceipts

15 hours ago, zow2 said:

they were employing the Super Bowl 25 game plan for the first 3 quarters.  just converting short 3rd downs, ball controlling us to death, keep Allen off the field.  and they have a good D and special teams too

Super Bowl 25 game plan was lots of hits of WRs post being down and laying on top of them to take more off clock during hurry up. Saw none of that.

The Colts were awesome.  They probably out-played and out-schemed the Bills to be honest.  Some of the Bills' skill was too much to handle at times, specifically Allen, Diggs, Davis, and Hyde (Im sure White was quietly shutting things down as well)...  but overall the Colts executed and did everything they wanted.  They were a good team full of athletes and played very well.  Future looks bright if they can transition into something post-Rivers.

I think Reich definitely messed up bad at various points.  Bleeding out nearly the entire 3rd quarter down by 7 points was the most egregious IMO.  Not getting that field goal was bad, although debatable whether it was a good move.  Going for 2 was puzzling and could have cost them the game (I realize it evened out but that became an unnecessary risk).  Wasting 2 timeouts in the second half burned them, especially the one for a silly challenge.  That last drive was a clock mismanagement disaster.  How do you have almost 2:30 and run out of time only getting to mid field?

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'll take the Bills defense against the Titans offense over the Titans defense against the Bills offense 10 out of ten times. 

If the Bills offense can sustain drives and avoid 3 and outs, letting the defense rest then McDermott can do his smoke and mirrors show to make them look better than they are... playing defenses like this one that can force the Bills into short drives allowing them to dominate time of possession really exposes the weaknesses the Bills have on defense. 

A bad defense can also let the Bills get out to a lead putting the ball in the air more which plays more to the strength of the defense. 

I'm not saying the Steelers or Titans are an easy out or that they aren't very good teams, but Bills match up better against them than they do the Colts. 

What teams have the best pass rush, DL? 

Allen is the nfls hottest QB at the moment, but that fumble nearly ended the game yesterday, teams are going to look at that and turnovers could be key in the next games and can even up matchups. 

The titans are really dangerous to me. They score points and have a great rushing attack. They've let loads of points in the other end but if the coaching figures things out season trends can be bucked. Plus they gave us a beat down earlier of course. 

I do take your point about the Bills getting out to a lead and it playing into their hands defensively.