Round 1 Playoff: Colts at Bills - Sat. 1/9 1:05pm

YoloinOhio

28 minutes ago, wjag said:

There is no fiber in my being that believes the Bills season is over at 1600 on Saturday.  None.  Of course the Colts will fight to the end.  That's what is expected.  I expect some anxious moments in the game.   Taylor had a decent year.  He's at 5.0 average for the season.  He played well last week against a bad run defense.  But take away that last game and he looks rather average.  He's averaging 73 yards a game WITH that 253 yard outlier.  Are we giving him too much credit?

after the game score, the stats are: attempts, yards, average/rush, TDs.  I've bolded and separated his weekly totals.  

Sun 1/3 vs JAX W  28-14 30    253    8.4 2

Sun 12/27 @PIT L 28-24 18    74    4.12 1

Sun 12/20 vs  HOU W 27-20 16    83    5.2 1

Sun 12/13 @ LV W 44-27 20    150    7.5 2

Sun 12/6 @ HOU W 26-20 13    91    7.00 2

Sun 11/22 vs GB W 34-31 OT 22    90    4.10 1

Thu 11/12 @ TEN 34-17 7    12    1.7 0

Sun 11/8 vs BAL L 24-10 6    27    4.5 1

Sun 11/1 @ DET W 41-21 11    22    2.0 0

Sun 10/18 vs CIN W 31-27 12    60    5.0 0

Sun 10/11 @ CLE L 32-23 12    57    4.8 1

Sun 10/4 @ CHI W 19-11 17    68    4.0 0

Sun 9/27 vs NYJ W 36-7 13    59    4.5 1

Sun 9/20 vs MIN W 28-11 26    101    3.9

Sun 9/13 @ JAX L 27-20 9    22    2.4 0 

He’s been getting in the end zone a lot the last half dozen games. A lot of those games were against weak defences not just the last one, or  maybe it’s a just rookie building confidence. Either way our  D has got to be sharp tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not sure I can gear myself up to listen to it; got a synopsis?

Josh hasn't done it nor has his coach done it yet in the playoffs.  Show me.  He picks the Colts to win.

1 hour ago, Paul Costa said:

The Bills Offense and the Texans offense are really different. Starting with the O line. Ours is much better. They don’t have Diggs. They traded that guy away. Our overall receiver room with Beasley is much stronger. Let’s call the RB’s & TE’s a push. The other thing the Texans don’t have is a good defense or special teams. All three phases of the Bills work together. To compare Watson & Allen is a small part of this game.

Good point. 

4 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

I get to watch the game live tomorrow :)

I switched shifts with guy at work who is more of a hockey fan than a football fan :)

He knows how much the Bills and this game means to me :)

What a great guy :)

Way cool, bro! That’s great that you’re able to watch it, you must be ecstatic. And, that is a great guy.

May we all enjoy watching our first playoff win in a long time. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Whkfc said:

https://youtu.be/mraBfrHIPDU

i didnt think it deserved its own thread but here is Nick Wrights take on tomorrow's game.

Nick reminds me of this guy:

image.png.edffdb388ba29c339852cc2f3b047b58.png

"Hans, bubby, I'm your white knight."

―Ellis to Hans Gruber

Harry Ellis was a sleazy businessman working for the Nakatomi Corporation. A cocaine user, and stereotypical yuppie, Ellis arrogantly attempted to assist Hans Gruber in betraying John McClane to save his own life, only to get himself killed by Gruber in the process.

https://diehard.fandom.com/wiki/Harry_Ellis

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bills6969 said:

I’m becoming increasingly worried for this game for the following reasons:

1) Phil Rivers is 17 year veteran,  he’s been here before,  won’t be phased by the moment. He’ll have that offense prepared for whatever we throw at them.

2) All the pressure is on us to win,  how will we handle it?  We know JA is a stud, but how will he handle the pressure of this game if things get tight?  Going back to last years debacle in the playoffs,  we were crushing Houston then Houston woke up and got things going and we folded like a cheap suit.   It’s been a awhile since this team has faced any adversity.  If we struggle early or get behind will the team play tight?

JA responds really well to adversity (he has for pretty much his whole career so far). You could even tell his rookie season that he had “it”.

I know he hasn’t had to do it in the last few games, but even this year he has responded to adversity well. He had them up in the Arizona game and he won the Rams game just to name a couple. Also, in the Houston game that you’re referring to, he brought them back and took it to overtime.

The moment is not too big for him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TylerD said:

Rivers had a pretty special year in 2018... It was overlooked because the Chiefs and Ravens were so good.... The chargers had a really good team that year.

I know some have said Rivers isn't that good and he's old, his arm is weak etc. But he did have a pretty decent year this season. He may not be quite the Rivers of a few years ago but, he does have plenty of playoff experience and that's always a plus.

I happen to be one of the posters that think this game will be closer than those I have seen post that the Bills will steam roll the colts ( and I hope they do). You just never know in the post season. I'd love for the Bills to run away with this so I don't have heart failure or bite my nails down to nubs.

I don't know, I just kinda think the final score of this game will be within 7-10 points. FR has been a pretty good coach and I think he will have a game plan that gives them a chance. That's if Bills don't come out on fire and score on every possession before half time.

Then obviously that game plan will change.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wjag said:

The fact that Indy faced Watson is interesting.  So I went and looked at their most meaningful stats.

Game 1:  Colts win 26-20 

Watson: 343 yards passing, 0 TDS

Texans Rushing: <100

TOP: Colts 33m

Rivers: 285 yards, 2 TDs

Taylor: 93 yards rushing, team: 114 yards

Sacks: 5!! (Buckner 2, J Houston 3)

Game 2: Colts win 27-20

Watson: 373 yards, 2 TDs

Texans Rushing: <100

TOP: Texans 30.5m

Rivers: 228 yards, 2TDs

Taylor: 83 yards, team: 127 yards

Sacks: 5!! (Buckner 3, Autry 1.5, Lewis: .5)

As I recall, there was also a late fumble in one  of these games near the goal line stopping a late Texans drive.

If JA has similar stats to Watson’s stats (I’ll think JA will have more TD passes though), we should definitely win this game.

Go Bills!

22 minutes ago, wjag said:

Josh hasn't done it nor has his coach done it yet in the playoffs.  Show me.  He picks the Colts to win.

Another thing he said, to support him picking the Colts, is that he thinks the Bills have played to well recently and they don't know how to play in a close game.

3 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Another thing he said, to support him picking the Colts, is that he thinks the Bills have played to well recently and they don't know how to play in a close game.

That's kinda silly. I mean they played close games, just off the top of my head, Rams, Raiders, Cardinals (fluke/luck win for them). and they closed those out.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't really have an issue w/ someone picking the Colts. It's a decent upset pick for the weekend. If they execute the kind of gameplan that we expect well (grinding out long drives w/ the run and keeping Allen off the field), they have a very good chance.

Of course, as Tyson said, everyone has a plan until they get hit.  Or something like that.

But to pick them because Josh & McD haven't "done it in the playoffs?"  or because they're not used to close games?  Pretty thin.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Just looked up thread a little and noticed the person you guys are talking about is Nick Wright. Lol, Yeah I expect nonsense from him. I don't even listen/watch that guy ever. I think he just talks nonsense a lot of the time just to get reactions and clicks/ratings.

Because a majority of things he says is down right off the wall stupidity.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

That's kinda silly. I mean they played close games, just off the top of my head, Rams, Raiders, Cardinals (fluke/luck win for them). and they closed those out.

Not to mention close wins against the Patriots (1st game), Dolphins (1st game) and you could even argue the Seahawks game (competitive until late 3rd quarter) and 2nd Jets game were close as well.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills have been very focused with the task at hand week in and week out since the bye ending the regular season on a high note. Its been a turbulent week and without getting into details making it very easy to lose that focus. I hope McD can find the right words to help settle his players as Buffalo begins its march to the Superbowl.

Just now, Buffalo4Life01 said:

Not to mention close wins against the Patriots (1st game), Dolphins (1st game) and you could even argue the Seahawks game (competitive until late 3rd quarter) and 2nd Jets game were close as well.

Exactly, I just named the ones off the top of my head real quick. But yes, exactly.

10 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Wow, he’s definitely wrong. The first half of the season was us winning close games.

The last quarter of the season was us winning against teams handily.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Figster said:

The Bills have been very focused with the task at hand week in and week out since the bye ending the regular season on a high note. Its been a turbulent week and without getting into details making it very easy to lose that focus. I hope McD can find the right words to help settle his players as Buffalo begins its march to the Superbowl.

Oh you know he will. Also so will Josh Allen. They are and have been a very focused and disciplined football team. I expect they will make it to the AFC champion ship game at the very least.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Wasn’t really sure where else to put this.

Its a fun Twitter thread. Tons of Josh Allen throws (40+)

(click on tweet to see full thread)

Josh Allen’s season needs to be split into two sections: with the black brace peaking out of his jersey, and without. Two different QB’s, and even then he’s still making some insane throws. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Exactly, I just named the ones off the top of my head real quick. But yes, exactly.

It boggles the mind how someone can come up with something so blatantly wrong and stick by it like that.  Buffalo has come back to win, suffered through horrible 3rd quarters and rebounded in the 4th to pull out close games, and has only recently began to reach their full potential and slaughter teams as they have done over the course of the last month or so.  This team can win in a variety of ways and that has me very confident heading into the playoffs!  Go Bills!  

FYI, first time poster here and glad to be on board!  I've been a lurker since 1998-1999 and am happy to finally pop my cheery so to speak, lol.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2