Round 1 Playoff: Colts at Bills - Sat. 1/9 1:05pm

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Just looked up thread a little and noticed the person you guys are talking about is Nick Wright. Lol, Yeah I expect nonsense from him. I don't even listen/watch that guy ever. I think he just talks nonsense a lot of the time just to get reactions and clicks/ratings.

Because a majority of things he says is down right off the wall stupidity.

He picked a position on Josh and the Bills and stubbornly dug in.  He moves the goalposts more than anyone in sports media.  There are enough facts these days for anyone to pick and chose and present facts, out of context, to support any position.  That is all he's left with anymore.

I dread the day he becomes a Josh and Bills supporter.  Nothing but bad juju can come from it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo4Life01 said:

It boggles the mind how someone can come up with something so blatantly wrong and stick by it like that.  Buffalo has come back to win, suffered through horrible 3rd quarters and rebounded in the 4th to pull out close games, and has only recently began to reach their full potential and slaughter teams as they have done over the course of the last month or so.  This team can win in a variety of ways and that has me very confident heading into the playoffs!  Go Bills!  

FYI, first time poster here and glad to be on board!  I've been a lurker since 1998-1999 and am happy to finally pop my cheery so to speak, lol.  

You are correct. I agree and welcome. I'm so freakin pumped up and excited for this game my wife said I'm acting as if the game is about to start right now lol.

7 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Oh you know he will. Also so will Josh Allen. They are and have been a very focused and disciplined football team. I expect they will make it to the AFC champion ship game at the very least.

That has been my thought as well. While anything can happen, we’re capable of at least making it to the AFC championship game.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

Not to mention close wins against the Patriots (1st game), Dolphins (1st game) and you could even argue the Seahawks game (competitive until late 3rd quarter) and 2nd Jets game were close as well.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if his criticism of the Bills back then was that we weren't beating teams by enough to be considered a good team.

5 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Oh you know he will. Also so will Josh Allen. They are and have been a very focused and disciplined football team. I expect they will make it to the AFC champion ship game at the very least.

McD's appears to come across like a big brother or father figure to allot of his guys. Its been said Josh also has a little brother to some, big brother to others relationship with many If not all of the players. Like one, big, happy, and very talented family. 

Standing one Buffalo strong...

7 minutes ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

It boggles the mind how someone can come up with something so blatantly wrong and stick by it like that.  Buffalo has come back to win, suffered through horrible 3rd quarters and rebounded in the 4th to pull out close games, and has only recently began to reach their full potential and slaughter teams as they have done over the course of the last month or so.  This team can win in a variety of ways and that has me very confident heading into the playoffs!  Go Bills!  

FYI, first time poster here and glad to be on board!  I've been a lurker since 1998-1999 and am happy to finally pop my cheery so to speak, lol.  

Welcome to the board as a poster.

I was the same as you. I came to this forum for years but finally signed up this year. It has been fun. There’s good people on here!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

He picked a position on Josh and the Bills and stubbornly dug in.  He moves the goalposts more than anyone in sports media.  There are enough facts these days for anyone to pick and chose and present facts, out of context, to support any position.  That is all he's left with anymore.

I dread the day he becomes a Josh and Bills supporter.  Nothing but bad juju can come from it.

Yup, seems like he does nonsense like that because he knows that it gets at some Bills fans. Also he does it to get reactions, I assume because he is a so called "journalist". 

Guess that's about the only way he can get attention is to talk complete and utter nonsense, but yeah I don't pay him any mind. Only time I ever hear or see anything regarding him is when someone post it on here. Even then I usually don't respond to it or about it. Just so happens I didn't realize at first that he was the one in the couple of post that was being talked about that I responded to til I looked further up thread.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan619 said:

Welcome to the board as a poster.

I was the same as you. I came to this forum for years but finally signed up this year. It has been fun. There’s good people on here!

I'm excited to finally contribute as I've enjoyed reading the back and forth on here for YEARS.  This is such an exciting time to be a Bills fan.  I can't wait for 1pm tomorrow to get here!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Figster said:

McD's appears to come across like a big brother or father figure to allot of his guys. Its been said Josh also has a little brother to some, big brother to others relationship with many If not all of the players. Like one, big, happy, and very talented family. 

Something that stood out and made an impact to me was the game Josh spun the ball in the endzone and got flagged.  McD was mic'd up and had a discussion with the officials about the call and then told the officials he'd talk to Josh.  He went over, calmly told Josh that if he got flagged again he'd be tossed.  Josh's response was "yes sir".  McD turned to walk away, turned back to Josh and said something like, "I loved the passion".  That told me a lot about their relationship.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

Yes, and he always refers to the players on his team as men. Which I would like to think most coaches do, but it's just a respect kinda thing and these players have bought in. You can certainly tell that and that they believe in him and this staff and they have a ton of respect for him as well.

And that is ALWAYS a good thing and also one of the main things that builds a good, solid team.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Wasn’t really sure where else to put this.

Its a fun Twitter thread. Tons of Josh Allen throws (40+)

(click on tweet to see full thread)

One thing this showed me was how important Beasley is in the passing game 

if he plays even at 70% it’s huge

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

One thing this showed me was how important Beasley is in the passing game 

if he plays even at 70% it’s huge

Beasley is like the "sure thing"/3rd down guy. He just has that knack for finding space, and he has great hands. He made some spectacular catches this year.

If our whole WR corps is healthy, I don't think the Colts can stop us. No disrespect to their D, but they just don't have the secondary to keep up w/ so many good receivers. 

I'd love to see a day where Bojo is the football equivalent of the Maytag repairman (for you old timers out there).

Edited by Success

Just saw an incredible stat that I wanted to share with you guys.

Over our six game win streak we have been beating teams by an average of 19.83 points a game. Last year our offense only scored 19.6 points a game. Very impressive!

Here’s the link if you want to read the full article.

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/35546/buffalo-bills-better-than-colts-on-paper-but-dont-believe-everything-you-see

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Beasley is like the "sure thing"/3rd down guy. He just has that knack for finding space, and he has great hands. He made some spectacular catches this year.

If our whole WR corps is healthy, I don't think the Colts can stop us. No disrespect to their D, but they just don't have the secondary to keep up w/ so many good receivers. 

I'd love to see a day where Bojo is the football equivalent of the Maytag repairman (for you old timers out there).

Bojo is pretty close already, bro!

Love the analogy.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tuel Time said:

Nick Wright picked these positions in particular because he knows he can antagonize you and make you talk about him. It has nothing to do with what he believes. The faster people realize this the quicker he will go away lol

Exactly. Eff this guy. Just look at him for God's sake. His face screams "punch meeee". D-bag. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Same exact feeling I had going into the Pats game... we should beat this team relatively easily; but I don’t know how to handle that feeling. I don’t know how to handle the idea of the Bills winning a playoff game (born in 96) so I am nervous as heck. Gonna be a long 24 hours.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So as I mentioned upthread, Colts DC Matt Eberflaus sounded really pretty unconcerned about Josh Allen, saying that it helped them to have faced Watson.

I know that from a high level, they look like similar players - Watson a bit faster 40 time, but I think Josh plays faster than his 40 time - Watson has had a great year as far as passing yards, high TDs, low INTs.  Both have similar rushes and rush YPG.

I just can't shake the idea that they aren't really that similar in how they play, but I can't put my finger on why I think that.  Would love other thoughts.

As for this article and us being ready for it, I think it's worth noting that the article heavily referenced a team we played, the Seahawks.  Allen said right after the impressive win "I've got a lot of things to clean up...I was sacked too much" or something like that.  This being a Copycat league, I believe we saw elements of those blitzes from AZ, the Chargers, the 49ers, and the Steelers.  Allen was sacked 0,2,1,and 1 times in those games and it's certainly NOT because those teams lack elite pass rushers and sack artists (though it's a fair point that some were out injured when the Bills played some of those teams).

The point stands that Allen was sacked less in the remaining 7 games of the season than he was in the Seahawks game, and it wasn't because the Seasnakes dial up more exotic blitzes than the rest of those teams do or disguise them better - quite the contrary.  It was because that game was Allen's "light bulb moment" that he better learn to start checking it down or throwing it away.

I think Allen has gotten better at changing plays at the line and calling out protections, but it seems that the entire offense is really keyed in lately. The OL is blocking better. The WRs are running routes better. Allen deserves some credit for sure, but I really think what we are seeing is the whole team getting better.  Recently, Josh has been standing back there with all kinds of time to find an open receiver, with the exception of the Pittsburgh game. They made some adjustments in protections in the second half and of course pulled away at the end of that game. The boys on that OL have really been doing a nice job lately.

• Like (+1) 2