Run D

dbfla10

4 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Yes. 

The one team I have zero interest in seeing the Bills play in the playoffs is the Ravens. They play exactly the kind of game that the Bills Defensive Line has had tremendous problems stopping. 

Frazier / Mc D  came up with a scheme last year that held them to 188 yds on  33 carries or 3.6 YPC.  Believe they could do same again 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My mind immediately went there early in the game, but I have faith that our Defense will be stout enough against the run to keep teams in check. 

That doesn't mean there won't be a couple runs where we give up yardage, or even a couple drives where they get rolling and our defense is on it's heels, but overall we have too much talent and are too well coached for me to worry about a team beating us because we just cannot stop their run game. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills' run defense completely sucking is a tired narrative that needs to be put to bed. They are not top tier by any stretch but they are much better than some people are saying now that they are healthier again. The picture that is being painted is just as lazy as the Josh is inaccurate one that people like Nick Wright keeps blabbing on about.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The OP has a decent point in that this is likely how playoff teams are going to try to attack us.  It's not rocket science, and even our weaker opponents this year have tried to utilize this strategy.  

But can they stick with it for 60 minutes if we're putting up 30+ pts?  I have confidence that schematically we'll prepare and adjust to teams that try to run against us

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

The OP has a decent point in that this is likely how playoff teams are going to try to attack us.  It's not rocket science, and even our weaker opponents this year have tried to utilize this strategy.  

But can they stick with it for 60 minutes if we're putting up 30+ pts?  I have confidence that schematically we'll prepare and adjust to teams that try to run against us

Everyone said that the 49ers were going to show us up by running all over us. Didn't quite work out that way 

The D is good enough and improving especially as the O scores TDs and owns TOP

• Like (+1) 2

I kind of understand the concern against a team like the Ravens but I also don’t understand it at all. That team is playing well but is VERY beatable. They were talking about it during the pregame show that while Baltimore has looked impressive lately, they have not beaten any quality teams. Will they try to run the ball if they play the Bills, absolutely they will... it they better plan on scoring every time they have the ball because if they don’t the Bills will handle them

• Like (+1) 1