Week 17: Dolphins at Bills - Squish the Fish playoff hopes and dreams

YoloinOhio

I'm sorry I may be the minority but I think the bills should sit everyone this week. With the Steelers most likely going to lose to the browns, what do the bills really have to play for? And worst case scenario the bills lose and steelers win, and the bills and steelers meet in the 2nd round it's not like going to pittsburgh is scary, especially with the fan and covid restrictions. And what is that an hour plane ride? Not even.... McDermott sit everyone

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Exactly what they did last year.  I think Allen got in two series, which is probably what I expect this week.

I hope this isn't the case. Keep it rolling. I don't think it is a huge coincidence that they rested players and crapped the bed in the wildcard game.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Conlan58 said:

I hope this isn't the case. Keep it rolling. I don't think it is a huge coincidence that they rested players and crapped the bed in the wildcard game.

They didn't crap the bed, they choked in the 4th quarter. They didn't come out flat, they ran out to a 16-0 lead.  

Don't forget the bills in the 90s rested guys ALL THE TIME.  In the final week of the season. Tell me which time the kelly Thurman team every got knocked out in round one....I'll wait...

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Exactly what they did last year.  I think Allen got in two series, which is probably what I expect this week.

And I am still pissed about that.  I paid good money to go to that game.  

1 minute ago, Adamb412 said:

They didn't crap the bed, they choked in the 4th quarter. They didn't come out flat, they ran out to a 16-0 lead.  

Don't forget the bills in the 90s rested guys ALL THE TIME.  In the final week of the season. Tell me which time the kelly Thurman team every got knocked out in round one....I'll wait...

Your definition of crap the bed must be way different than mine. They gave up a 16-0 lead, and only put up 19 points against a weak defense that was allowing over 24 points a game all year. They crapped the freaking bed. Play to win the game and lock up #2 seed. 

What was it, the first pass attempt to Bease after Allen was pulled that he got hurt? Football is football, players get hurt, but i'm willing to bet Bease is just fine if Allen was still in the game at that point. Nursing an injury? Sure - rest. Healthy? Play. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Conlan58 said:

Your definition of crap the bed must be way different than mine. They gave up a 16-0 lead, and only put up 19 points against a weak defense that was allowing over 24 points a game all year. They crapped the freaking bed. Play to win the game and lock up #2 seed. 

What was it, the first pass attempt to Bease after Allen was pulled that he got hurt? Football is football, players get hurt, but i'm willing to bet Bease is just fine if Allen was still in the game at that point. Nursing an injury? Sure - rest. Healthy? Play. 

And then allen turns an ankle and we start week 1 playoffs with barkley. Good thing you're not a coach

6 minutes ago, wjag said:

And I am still pissed about that.  I paid good money to go to that game.  

You went to a big party. Congrats

31 minutes ago, Conlan58 said:

Again don't get me started about the Houston game.

That was solely on the Old McD's coaching philosophy and coaching between the 20's and rely on the Defense.  

If he coached that game like he has this year the Bills win by 14 minimum.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again don't get me started about the Houston game.

That was solely on the Old McD's coaching philosophy and coaching between the 20's and rely on the Defense.  

If he coached that game like he has this year the Bills win by 14 minimum.

Im going to be interested to see if this changes when we reach the playoff's I sure hope not....   and I agree with you.

Edited by gordong

11 hours ago, DolFAN93 said:

Tua and Herbert are different prospects. I wouldn't expect the prototypical player to have the same weaknesses as a short left-handed QB. Tua almost knocked out the Cheifs as well. It didn't happen for either.

I don't think height is an issue either. His lack of mobility is. The fact that he isn't mobile to go along with a young and inexperienced OL has been hard to watch at times. 

I read the article and it didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know. If anything it just reiterates what we already know, prototypical QBs translates better in the NFL.

Tua had little to do, if anything, in Miami almost knocking off the Chiefs.  Please explain otherwise

9 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Tua had little to do, if anything, in Miami almost knocking off the Chiefs.  Please explain otherwise

Huh? Miami was down 30-10 at the end of the 3rd. Tua lead the offense to 17 points, passing and rushing TD, in the fourth quarter. 

58 minutes ago, Adamb412 said:

I'm sorry I may be the minority but I think the bills should sit everyone this week. With the Steelers most likely going to lose to the browns, what do the bills really have to play for? And worst case scenario the bills lose and steelers win, and the bills and steelers meet in the 2nd round it's not like going to pittsburgh is scary, especially with the fan and covid restrictions. And what is that an hour plane ride? Not even.... McDermott sit everyone

I think McD starts the game with the first team.  The strategy would be to build as much of a lead as possible, while monitoring the Steelers game.  Towards a plan of sitting the starters in the second half.  I really think leadership wants a second home game, even if fans won't be allowed.  We'll see.

• Like (+1) 1