The Hail Mary

SwampD

I keep hearing that the Bills are "a Hail Mary away from so and so ..." or, "but for the Hail Mary, we'd be ..."

I kind of think it is because of that Hail Mary, though, that we are where we are. The Bills didn't take charge of that game. They gave Arizona a chance to come back because it was close. Since that game, they almost seem more focused and don't allow the other team to impose their will.

In my mind, that loss may have been the most important game of the year.

Just a thought.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I keep hearing that the Bills are "a Hail Mary away from so and so ..." or, "but for the Hail Mary, we'd be ..."

I kind of think it is because of that Hail Mary, though, that we are where we are. The Bills didn't take charge of that game. They gave Arizona a chance to come back because it was close. Since that game, they almost seem more focused and don't allow the other team to impose their will.

Just a thought.

agreed. That maybe was a watershed moment of the season, especially for the D.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Just a thought.

Totally agree! Bills were playing good, but not great! Seemed to get them spot on to attention to detail. 

9 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Just a thought.

I agree. I think the fact that the bye came after helped too. Two weeks to get pissed off about it. They’ve responded better than anyone could have imagined. 

13 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Just a thought.

It's a cold shot. Wakes you up.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I feel that this was the moment everything changed.  

A5781609-BCCB-4883-BFF4-8A0F5CF07D14.jpeg

This is a strong candidate as well

WATCH: Buffalo Bills QB Josh Allen meets & throws to WR Stefon Diggs for  first time - syracuse.com

15 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Just a thought.

It definitely might of pissed them off.

Agree 💯when we lost on that Hail Mary play I turned to my wife (disappointed) and said this will be the best thing or the worst thing for this franchise in a really long time. I think now it was the best thing that happened to this team in 2020. This team will use that loss to bring us to the Super Bowl. 

Don't forget that Allen led an ostensibly game-winning drive, delivering that effing strike to Diggs against Peterson to "win it." 

I wasn't even upset when Hopkins hauled in that TD. I was still focused on the thing that matters most, which is the continued ascension of the Bills passing offense under Josh Allen (and Stefon Diggs). Allen was money when it mattered. And now the entire organization, led by Allen, seems to play like it matters EVERY PLAY. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1