Update: Beasley Out for Miami game. Beasley Injury Thread

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He was open and Barkley just missed a short throw by 10 feet.

If people can curse Knox for dropping perfectly thrown passes when he's wide open we should hold the guy throwing the ball to some similar standard at the very least.

There are throws that you simply can't miss badly in a certain spot.

Behind the receiver on that play was one of them.

Beasley instinctively slams on the brakes because Barkley had for all intents just thrown a returnable interception.

If you are going to miss that throw miss it out in front.

But that's what bad QB's do...........we should know we've seen enough of them.

Ah, so you're THAT guy....

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Poyer was back in the game last night.  Brown was off IR and ready to play but got put on the Covid protocol.  Beasley will get a lot of treatment and rest to hopefully be ready for the first round of the playoffs. Relax everyone,

Hope this proves true and is not just pure matriculation...

30 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Bro, the number 2 seed is on the line this week. 

We aren't resting *****. 

We take 2,the road to the Superbowl could lead through Buffalo. 

Steelers are playing their backups , you know that right?

And worst case scenario if the bills lost and Steelers pulled off the upset with their backups, having the 2 or 3 seed really doesn’t make that much of a difference this year.

I can’t see the bills playing their starters 60 minutes. 2 series, to 1 half maximum would be my guess

2 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

He said leg.

Leg, and he doesn’t have “all the specifics to be honest with you”. 

The reporter asked him specifically what it was.

Hopefully the reporters start to drill down on this, because on this Tuesday press conference they just dropped the subject quickly when McDermott said week to week and leg with no specifics. 

37 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He was open and Barkley just missed a short throw by 10 feet.

If people can curse Knox for dropping perfectly thrown passes when he's wide open we should hold the guy throwing the ball to some similar standard at the very least.

There are throws that you simply can't miss badly in a certain spot.

Behind the receiver on that play was one of them.

Beasley instinctively slams on the brakes because Barkley had for all intents just thrown a returnable interception.

If you are going to miss that throw miss it out in front.

But that's what bad QB's do...........we should know we've seen enough of them.

Cool let’s hold him accountable for one bad throw in his first significant action in many weeks. Your right Knox drops passes, and guys miss blocks, and guys miss tackles. That’s football and that’s fine. So you good now 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Bro, the number 2 seed is on the line this week. 

We aren't resting *****. 

We take 2,the road to the Superbowl could lead through Buffalo. 

Yea I want the 2 seed also.

But we're getting it bc Tomlin is resting his team that hasn't had a bye yet.

We'd look ridiculous going full starters to win a game we didn't need bc Pittsburgh lost anyway and in process one of those starters gets hurt. 

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Per tbe Bills app 

Bills receiver Cole Beasley is considered week-to-week after sustaining a leg injury late during the team's victory over the Patriots on Monday, head coach Sean McDermott announced.

Week-to-week is way , way worse than day-to-day injury. Beasley might not see the field in the Super Bowl if they make it that far.

11 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Week-to-week is way , way worse than day-to-day injury. Beasley might not see the field in the Super Bowl if they make it that far.

Patrick Mahomes could be abducted by aliens. No need to fret that everything will be worse case. Look losing Cole sucks but the offense has a lot of weapons, I think the staff can come up with a plan if he needs to rest for a game or two, especially with Smoke back. I'm concerned about this but its not like the team lost Diggs or Allen, the wheels haven't come off. I'll be keeping my ear to the ground about this and start to be more invested next week.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

Patrick Mahomes could be abducted by aliens. No need to fret that everything will be worse case. Look losing Cole sucks but the offense has a lot of weapons, I think the staff can come up with a plan if he needs to rest for a game or two, especially with Smoke back. I'm concerned about this but its not like the team lost Diggs or Allen, the wheels haven't come off. I'll be keeping my ear to the ground about this and start to be more invested next week.

So what happens if Matt Barfley throws those dog turd passes again and injures Diggs or Brown?

Hopefully he is back for the playoffs. I made the comment earlier today that this sounds like a hockey injury and that’s basically how it was reported— “lower body/week to week.” The guy probably is dealing with a bunch of stuff. Let him rest up and be back for the playoffs. He may be far from 100% the rest of the year— but I think he will gut it out.

I will say that I am a little excited as to what McKenzie can do playing in the slot this week. 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Cool let’s hold him accountable for one bad throw in his first significant action in many weeks. Your right Knox drops passes, and guys miss blocks, and guys miss tackles. That’s football and that’s fine. So you good now 🤷🏻‍♂️

I've been good.......you on the other hand, are a newb who just showed up here when the team started winning and now wants to defend every player's honor because you think it legitimizes your fandom.

It don't.  

There is plenty of room on the bandwagon...........but sometimes poor play is going to get called out in a forum where the team's performance gets dissected.

Getting one of your starting WR's injured with a pathetic throw happens to be one of them.   And considering Barkley's appearances the past couple of seasons his poor relief work has become commonplace.   It's pretty clear that Barkley can't hold the team together for a few games if Allen is out and that's what a #2 QB has to do so you might wanna' cancel that Barkley jersey order.

Josh just needs to stay healthy and the WR corps just needs to take note and make business decisions when Barkley is throwing them into harms way in garbage time.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

What happens if Josh Allen gets struck by lightning? Or McDermott has a stroke? Or Knox's hands actually turn to stone? You can make up stuff to be down about all day if you want.

Or you can just think about reasonable scenarios to discuss on a message board and do it?

It's entertainment..........if your first thought is that thinking about potential obstacles for the team to deal with makes you depressed..........then you probably need to take up a less competitive, non-zero-sum hobby..........like following Phish around on tour.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Or you can just think about reasonable scenarios to discuss on a message board and do it?

It's entertainment..........if your first thought is that thinking about potential obstacles for the team to deal with makes you depressed..........then you probably need to take up a less competitive, non-zero-sum hobby..........like following Phish around on tour.

This thread is about Cole Beasley's injury, not about history's greatest villain Matt Barkley's plan to take the Bills down from the inside. If you want to talk about him being too reckless to be a back up make a thread about it but quite frankly Allen has thrown way worse hospital passes to Cole this season. Dwelling about how things could go wrong for Buffalo doesn't change whether or not they will. I can literally do nothing to effect anything that happens so I'll only worry about stuff when it actually happens. Hope Cole rests up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

Steelers are playing their backups , you know that right?

And worst case scenario if the bills lost and Steelers pulled off the upset with their backups, having the 2 or 3 seed really doesn’t make that much of a difference this year.

I can’t see the bills playing their starters 60 minutes. 2 series, to 1 half maximum would be my guess

According to Tomlin, they’re sitting “Ben and maybe a couple other players”, not playing backups across the board

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I've been good.......you on the other hand, are a newb who just showed up here when the team started winning and now wants to defend every player's honor because you think it legitimizes your fandom.

It don't.  

There is plenty of room on the bandwagon...........but sometimes poor play is going to get called out in a forum where the team's performance gets dissected.

Getting one of your starting WR's injured with a pathetic throw happens to be one of them.   And considering Barkley's appearances the past couple of seasons his poor relief work has become commonplace.   It's pretty clear that Barkley can't hold the team together for a few games if Allen is out and that's what a #2 QB has to do so you might wanna' cancel that Barkley jersey order.

Josh just needs to stay healthy and the WR corps just needs to take note and make business decisions when Barkley is throwing them into harms way in garbage time.

I’m new on here but Bills fan for many years. What does that have to do with anything? 
So your on the let’s get a better back up QB next year, got that. Always looking to upgrade the roster. I’m fine with that. Currently he’s our backup so while he threw a bad pass I don’t think he is alone in not being perfect.
Your funny on the fandom as I’ve been Bills fan since 1970, hope that ok. And that I recently started posting. So bandwagon connect is laughable. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, QLBillsFan said:

I’m new on here but Bills fan for many years. What does that have to do with anything? 
So your on the let’s get a better back up QB next year, got that. Always looking to upgrade the roster. I’m fine with that. Currently he’s our backup so while he threw a bad pass I don’t think he is alone in not being perfect.
Your funny on the fandom as I’ve been Bills fan since 1970, hope that ok. And that I recently started posting. So bandwagon connect is laughable. 

Everything.

We've been real-talking the Bills here for 20 plus years so you aren't going come in and stay "stop doing that" and have any more success than Barkley had on that pass to Beasley.

Don't care how long you think you've been a fan.............that's a personal matter subject to interpretation..........the absolute is that this place has been here since 1998 and if you didn't find it until now you were either doing time or not trying very hard.

• Haha (+1) 1