Week 16 Postgame Thread Bills @ Pats*

Chandler#81

54 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

NFL Network is replaying last night’s game today at 4 pm, eastern time. Not gonna lie, I am pouring a glass of bourbon and preparing to relive my bliss.

I notice you live in Boston.  You should invite over a few neighbors.  Be sure to wear your mask, after all we stole their thunder!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

My job is mentally demanding/taxing, and I am very good at it. It could be said that releasing on the internet is better than releasing in the office or at home. However I am old school and only use internet forums or irc, none of that social media garbage. I have seen people at my own company get into trouble on facebook. Just not the smartest ppl.

Every person on the internet believes so.....please post resume and references so we can verify your posts.  Based on other posts, there is reason to doubt.

5 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

I guess I don't recall what was said way back then while he was playing, but I do remember when Elway finally got his ring(s) the talk was that QB's are not elite unless they get at least one ring. Not to say if a QB gets a ring they are elite, Rypien, Dilfer etc.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion.  But, by that definition (at least one SB ring), the only difference between Jim Kelly being elite or being not elite is one missed 43-yard field goal?  That seems a tough stance, in my opinion.  Especially for a team game.

For my money, I'd take Kelly on those '90s teams over any of the quarterbacks you named as "elite".  Not that Kelly was better than any of them, but he was the perfect QB for the Buffalo Bills at that time.  Smart, talented, tough as nails, and competitive.

I also believe that if Kelly had been the QB on any of those SB winning teams led by those QBs you mentioned, he would have won just as they did.  JUst my humble opinion.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I'm torn between him playing next week to get the franchise yardage, Diggs to 1500 yards and Beasley to 1000 yards vs. ensuring no injuries. Argh...  The smart thing would be to rest starters, but I want them to play and knock the Dolphins out.

I'd like to see them play the first half, and only keep out those who might have lingering issues (Cole, Milano, that type).

I do think keeping up the momentum is important, but I'm also not an NFL coach.  This is the first FO/Coaching staff that I actually trust to make the right decisions since the 90s.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, RochesterLifer said:

NFL Network is replaying last night’s game today at 4 pm, eastern time. Not gonna lie, I am pouring a glass of bourbon and preparing to relive my bliss.

It’s was replayed earlier as well and I recorded it. It’s only 2 hours so I can delete original recording and save some dvr usage.👍

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I have been in the design engineering field for 20+ years, and over that time period have learned that a very small percentage of degreed engineers posess the intuitiveness, creativity and temperment to produce at a high level. There are tons of idea people and super booksmart people who can't produce a thing, along with an abundance of those who have no pride in their work. As far as elite, I'm being sarcastic, not sure that is a thing in my line of work. 

The old addage "good people are hard to find" is so very true...

Ha all this time you were Rosen not chosen / whitedwarf / whatever other usernames you've had. It all makes sense now.

Rewatching the game.  Last play of first quarter, Bills get Butler to jump Offside wiping out the Jackson INT.  When did the rule change that a quarter can't end on a defensive play?  Refs wiped out the INT, gave Buffalo five yards and then teams switched ends.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

btw, Tom Landry’s record of 20 straight winning seasons is safe. Sorry Bill, 19 is close but no cigar.🤣

Just like going to 4 straight Super Bowls will never be broken

Well - not by a team other than possibly these Buffalo Bills...

Edited by stevewin

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I notice you live in Boston.  You should invite over a few neighbors.  Be sure to wear your mask, after all we stole their thunder!

I’m not a trash talker or gloater by nature. A quiet smile is the most someone would get from me on last night’s game. 😄 It’s good for my health in these parts. There are a lot of enthusiastic Bills fans in the Boston area.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, wjag said:

Rewatching the game.  Last play of first quarter, Bills get Butler to jump Offside wiping out the Jackson INT.  When did the rule change that a quarter can't end on a defensive play?  Refs wiped out the INT, gave Buffalo five yards and then teams switched ends.

The rule is a half can’t end on a defensive penalty.