Josh Allen only trails Mahomes and Murray in QB ELO Rating

Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

All of the 49er QBs are right at the same spot.

Yes. Sucky. Hahahaha

NFC East is like a QB wasteland division right now...so far and above worse than they rest of the division averages...

Edited by matter2003

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I don’t know what ELO is or why I should take it seriously.

Electric light orchestra dude, Mr Blue Sky... 😁👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I don’t know what ELO is or why I should take it seriously.

The difference in the ratings between two players serves as a predictor of the outcome of a match. Two players with equal ratings who play against each other are expected to score an equal number of wins. A player whose rating is 100 points greater than their opponent's is expected to score 64%; if the difference is 200 points, then the expected score for the stronger player is 76%.

A player's Elo rating is represented by a number which may change depending on the outcome of rated games played. After every game, the winning player takes points from the losing one. The difference between the ratings of the winner and loser determines the total number of points gained or lost after a game. If the high-rated player wins, then only a few rating points will be taken from the low-rated player. However, if the lower-rated player scores an upset win, many rating points will be transferred. The lower-rated player will also gain a few points from the higher rated player in the event of a draw. This means that this rating system is self-correcting. Players whose ratings are too low or too high should, in the long run, do better or worse correspondingly than the rating system predicts and thus gain or lose rating points until the ratings reflect their true playing strength.

6 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

The difference in the ratings between two players serves as a predictor of the outcome of a match. Two players with equal ratings who play against each other are expected to score an equal number of wins. A player whose rating is 100 points greater than their opponent's is expected to score 64%; if the difference is 200 points, then the expected score for the stronger player is 76%.

A player's Elo rating is represented by a number which may change depending on the outcome of rated games played. After every game, the winning player takes points from the losing one. The difference between the ratings of the winner and loser determines the total number of points gained or lost after a game. If the high-rated player wins, then only a few rating points will be taken from the low-rated player. However, if the lower-rated player scores an upset win, many rating points will be transferred. The lower-rated player will also gain a few points from the higher rated player in the event of a draw. This means that this rating system is self-correcting. Players whose ratings are too low or too high should, in the long run, do better or worse correspondingly than the rating system predicts and thus gain or lose rating points until the ratings reflect their true playing strength.

It's the same concept as ranking chess players.

All over the world people are on their telephone line talking about our wild west hero Josh Allen, a real 21st century man.  Don't walk away from the tv when Bills games are on because you don't want to miss a play, do ya?  You gotta hold on tight when you watch him make defenses turn to stone.  When I think back on his performance against Seattle in particular I can't get it out of my head.   Even when the rain is falling in a divisional showdown he plays so fine.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

But a QB doesn't play against a player.  He plays against an entire defense.

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Allen is now at 260 ELO, trailing only Murray(263) and Mahomes(288).

I am willing to bet he moves up to 2nd by seasons end.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-nfl-predictions/quarterbacks/

Yikes, these are the same fellas who had Hillary winning in 2016. It seems like a very out there metric that compares a player vs a team. Hey KM has certainly improved from last year but he is not currently a top 10 QB by any other metric than total INT’s. 
QBR 12th and RTG 15th so just not seeing him as elite just yet. But man people sure want to put him up in that category.

ELO-nice 70’s band 🎸/ 🎻