SNF: Browns at NYG

YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, zow2 said:

every week i say how dumbfounded i am that coaches blow off easy chip shot FGs for 4th down and short in the First half.  and so often they don’t make it.  i don’t get the fascination with going for it. take the easy 3.  there aren’t that many possessions in a game.  should be 9-7.

Analytics.  They make one of those first downs and you have seven instead of six points.  Having said that, it's the Giants so maybe you take the points :) 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

"This is a NFL TD."

I mean yeah by definition.

Cody Parkey is really dialed in on those goalposts.

Up until that comment that you noted, I thought Collingsworth has been pretty decent tonight. But, yeah, “an NFL touchdown”?

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Can anyone explain to me how the Giants defense is #9 in the league right now? 

Use small words and speak slowly, unless they had a lot of injuries.

Browns are just flying down the field against them, which I somewhat find hard to believe

Let's see if we can figure this out.  They play in the NFC east.  They haven't faced a lot of high power offenses...though they also played the NFC west teams and the AFC north teams.  

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Colts, Dolphins, Browns before the Ravens..... Ravens are a potentially dangerous team. If they do sneak in I hope we don’t play them round 1 and they win a few games and knock off the Chiefs. 

Ravens and Lamar have come off two big first round playoff exits.  With less expectations I think they get it right this year...at least for a game 1.  I don't want to play them.  Gimme the playoff newbie Browns or Phil Rivers and the Colts before the Ravens.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Analytics.  They make one of those first downs and you have seven instead of six points.  Having said that, it's the Giants so maybe you take the points :) 

The analysts certainly thought so: "Take The Points"

Especially when their defense can't seem to slow the Browns down, much less stop them

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Let's see if we can figure this out.  They play in the NFC east.  They haven't faced a lot of high power offenses...though they also played the NFC west teams and the AFC north teams.  

Played Steelers, 49ers (week of injuries), Rams, Bucs, Seahawks, and Cardinals.  Seem pretty high powered overall to me.  Statistically two top 10 offenses, two top 15.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Talking about ideal playoff matchups, how bout transferring to the NFC? 

I’ll take any of: 

Giants, Redskins, Cardinals, Rams, Seahawks, Bears, Vikings, Saints, Bucs, and Packers before at least 3 or so teams in the AFC.

The disparity is insane this year.

NFC is such a joke this year.

If bills were in the nfc, I would be pretty confident of them going to the SB

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The analysts certainly thought so: "Take The Points"

Especially when their defense can't seem to slow the Browns down, much less stop them

One of the things I like about football over baseball/basketball is analytics is just a small part of the decision making process.  

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Played Steelers, 49ers (week of injuries), Rams, Bucs, Seahawks, and Cardinals.  Seem pretty high powered overall to me.  Statistically two top 10 offenses, two top 15.

That's what I'm trying to figure out.  Steelers don't really have a great offense.  They did hold the Seahawks to only 12 points and the Rams to 17.  49ers put up 36 against them.  They've held 7 of their opponents to under 21 points.

The more I watch the browns, the more I can’t stand them..

13 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

The Browns don’t scare me.  I’m watching them against the Giants (more like midgets) and Mayfield is small. 

I think they are pretty legit.

All pro pass rusher, great corner on defence.

Probably the best running game in the nfl outside of Tennessee, and Baker seems to be hitting his stride 

13 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

That's what I'm trying to figure out.  Steelers don't really have a great offense.  They did hold the Seahawks to only 12 points and the Rams to 17.  49ers put up 36 against them.  They've held 7 of their opponents to under 21 points.

You got me.  I'm puzzled watching them.  I might have to conclude that the Browns offense is now good, which is a conclusion I'd hate to reach.