Ran into a bills fan where I never expected

Yes, everywhere. Last November I was in San Jose, Costa Rica, and doing a jog around the campus of the University of Costa Rica. I'm wearing a Bills t-shirt, and out of no where a hear an older Costa Rican man, yell to me "GO BILLS" and give a thumbs up. It was clear he was not fluent in English (and I am not in Spanish), we exchanged greeting and smiles over our favorite team. It was a fun moment. . . . Indeed, the Bills have an international fan base.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I’m from Rochester, although lived in Connecticut for many years, now living on our sailboat cruising the the east coast and the Bahamas, where I am currently, 👍 ️🏝🤿🎣🍹😁

Go Bills!!!

Showoff.  What are you Elmer J. Fudd, “I am a millionaire,  I own a mansion and a yacht”, AGAIN”.

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I’m from Rochester, although lived in Connecticut for many years, now living on our sailboat cruising the the east coast and the Bahamas, where I am currently, 👍 ️🏝🤿🎣🍹😁

Go Bills!!!

Literally, living the dream. . . . Good for you.

From Philadelphia 

As an 8 year old,I watched the Eagles but fell in love with the Bills, in November of 88, when I snuck downstairs turned the TV on, turned the volume all the way down & watch the Bills beat Mia on Monday Night football. I been a Bills fan since then.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Augie said:

The title frightened me! I was afraid it was in a Wegman’s parking lot! 

When we moved to Sarasota, Florida I was amazed to find so many Bills fans. All of that lost population had to go somewhere, and it was a safe bet many of them went somewhere warm! 

I currently live in Concord, NC, and there are a bunch of Bills fans here. 7-8 different families in my neighborhood alone. But what made me laugh was this. This past weekend, a former neighbor of mine, who recently had moved down to Florida (Bradenton) just a few months ago, stopped by the house when we were out front playing with the kids. He was back in town for something that was scheduled before he made the move to Florida. He saw us out front and just stopped by to chat. He said, "I can't believe how many Bills fans there are down there! Literally the first family we met after we moved in was Bills fans!"

It kinda made me chuckle. That for such a "small market" team, wherever you go - he went from Concord, NC, to Bradenton, FL, and there are apparently just as many there as there are here - there are Bills fans everywhere!

Edited by CLTbills
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Smitty75 said:

The Bills Mafia is international guys, i’m from Paris, France. Go Bills ! 🙌🏽

From Rochester originally, living in Israel for 30 years.  Thanks to NFL Game Pass I get all the games, which I often watch with a friend who is also an ex-Rochestarian.

The first year they showed the Superbowl on cable TV here was SB XXV (wide right) so local people who tuned in thought that Buffalo was a Yankees-like dynasty, four straight SB appearances.  For years Jim Kelly was the only NFL name anyone here knew.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Attended first Bills game at the Rockpile in 1962 as a wee young lad.

Currently located in West By God Virginia where there are many Bill's fans due to'

the Darryl Talley connection.

When cruising returns, wear some Bills stuff on the ship and you  will

meet many new friends.

From Kentucky, born and raised and I was 7 in 1973, playing my first year of Pop Warner when the 2,003 yard season happened. Been a Bills fan ever since and served all around the country and always seemed to find a least one other Bills fan wherever I was stationed.

11 hours ago, Gonzonzo said:

20 years ago I was working in a bank

The american football here in argentina was a sport almost nobody saw or undestand

At that time, I never talk about the sport or the bills, beacause every time I talk, the people look at me li if I was a rare person.

One day, in a break I start to talk with a teammate and because I remembered he lived in US. Told him I like footbal (because I was desesperate to talk with somebody who undertand the sport). 

After few minute, he ask me if I like some team and i told "Bills".

¿He look at me and told me ¿"how do you know"?

He was a bills fans! maybe the only two bills fans at that time in all the country.

I need to name like 30 players and plays of the bills history and then he really believe me.

Fast forward, The other day, after almos 10 years without talk, I send a wasap message..."In february I see you in the obelisc (the place where the people celebrate his team championship)

Two minutes later, I recive his mesage "vamos los bills".

THE BILLS ARE A FAMILY!

LOS BILLS SON UNA FAMILIA!

Great story, thanks for sharing.

I now know how I'm going to refer to @Gugny going forward.  He is a rare person.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I live in central Florida now.  No matter where I go, if im wearing one of my many Bills hats, like clock work.  Go, Bills from a stranger.  Go Bills.  I have annual passes at Dinsney for my kids with such close proximity.  The first time we went my wife was astonished with how many people we would run into.  They would start the shout song or say go Bills.  Bills Mafia is large all over.  

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

This sounds amazing...are you able to see the games regularly?

I follow them in the game day thread, and the bills app, sometimes I can watch on the app👍

I ran into a Patriots fan this morning in a little deli shop here in Walthamstow, East London. I had my Bills beanie hat on and he came over dressed as Santa Claus and thought he was really funny saying no Bills fans allowed. Then he proceeded to drone on about how frustrating it was for him as a Pats fan this season. 

My heart bleeds. It really does. 🙄 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Originally from Rochester, now in Westchester Cty.  Plenty of Bills fans in the NYC area, but my funniest Bills fan encounter occurred about 30 years ago when I lived in Tokyo.

I joined a gym there and one of the Japanese regulars was a guy named Shingo-san who every session was draped head to toe in Bills gear thanks to the new NFL store there.  He told me in his limited English and my “ma-ma” (their “so-so”) Japanese that originally he liked the logo and colors, but had become a fan via their 2 am on Wednesday night’s NFL highlights show, which I religiously taped.

Sadly, that was the year the Cowboys blew us out in the Super Bowl—nothing worse than watching your team get annihilated on a Monday morning and then having to go into work.

Still, great city and great times.  Thems were the days....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Showoff.  What are you Elmer J. Fudd, “I am a millionaire,  I own a mansion and a yacht”, AGAIN”.

Hell I don’t even own a house or a car, the dingy is the car,  we sold it all to do this,  the boat is the house, and it’s only 30 feet long, it is a Bristol 29.9 built in Rhode Island in1977,  it was a life style choice, 😁👍

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 2

Raised in Town of Tonawanda; moved to Boston after UB >35 years ago. I'm OK with the Red Sox, and I'm finally more-or-less over that BS foul call that allowed the Celtics to beat the Braves in the 1974 NBA playoffs. But I successfully vaccinated my kids against the Cheats. Simple formula: Kid wanna eat? Kid root for Bills. 😎   Actually, a few years back I took my boys to see an AC Milan soccer game at Gillette Stadium. On the way out, the little guys spotted this huge Pats logo painted on the concourse, and started stomping on it, yelling "Pats suck! Brady sucks!", etc.  Then we had to beat it the hell out of there! 

• Haha (+1) 2