Last Time We "Clinched" the AFC East

Standing on the eve of clinching the AFC East, here's a blast from the past when this was still routine for us--December 17th, 1995. Miami at Buffalo (who we would play again 2 weeks later in the WC round, to also nab our last playoff victory), final result 23-20 Bills, moving us to 10-5 on the year and our 10th division title overall. 

I'm linking to the game highlights as well as full game, enjoy another squish of the fish!

Highlights

Full Game

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

And let me look this up real quick.......

1995 AFC East Records

Patriots  6-10

Jets 3-13

HAHAHA - those were good times. I'm feeling were about to repeat history!

Except I’m not sure where the Jets expect to find 3 wins this year? 🤔

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Haha...I was in my sophomore year of college, and my roommate was a huge Dolphin fan...

We had some epic trash talking battles

His trash talk must’ve been really epic, since Marino’s road usually ended with a face plant on Rich Stadium turf...:doh:

16 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Lots of good memories, I remember that 3rd and 2 play where Thurman squeezed out the FD.....although I could not recall the significance or the year.   Loved that those guys always got the best of Miami.........

Thurman always always always killed the phisies...

IIRC, by "squeezed out" you mean "ran over Bryan Cox, Sr.," right?

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

His trash talk must’ve been really epic, since Marino’s road usually ended with a face plant on Rich Stadium turf...:doh:

That's not really true though.  They also got hammered by the Bills in front of their home fans lots of times.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1