Fun off-season question.

BruceVilanch

Greetings from the west coast, if any of you read my last post I'm in the same relaxed state I was when I wrote that one. Here's a fun question for the off season, how many bills will be on the Nfl top 100? And how high (Ha!) Will Josh Allen be? I'm saying Josh is top 10. And I think with the increased exposure you'll see guys like Hyde, poyer, and Hughes get in. I think diggs will be top 15 and Tre will be top 25. Have a great night everyone, what a fun season it's been so far.

• Like (+1) 3

I would say four at the most.  Allen, White, Diggs, and Poyer would be the most likely in my opinion.  Beasley is having an awesome season but I don't think it will put him onto that list.  As far as ranking them I think it will be Allen top 10, Diggs top 20, Tre in the 50-60 range, and Poyer in the 75-100 range if he makes it.  A pro bowl for Poyer could really help him get on this list and I think he's been our most consistent defensive player this year.  I also think that Tre is a better corner than that range but his injuries this year have limited his playing time which plays a part into it.  

• Like (+1) 3

Bruce representing Oregon well again (side note, thank god it’s weed, cuz when he moves onto Shrooms we’re in trouble with threads 🤡👽☠️), but as the next guy wrote, I can’t see Diggs, Allen, White, most likely Poyer, but not a lock.  I’d also add if he breaks well over 1000 yards which is possible is Beasely.  He’s one of the best slot WR now.  Everyone always used to think about Edelman and Welker before those two.  The one thing helping our players is they went from MNF, to SNF, to Saturday Football, and MNF again.  If we are 12-3, and the Dolphins are 10-5 which is conceivable, it should get a lot of national attention.  It just depends on other playoff implications for week 17.  What will get the spotlight is if the Steelers lose to the Colts, then 2nd seed is in play.  This will be in every pregame show amd they will push the whole old time Bills/Dolphins rivalry.

My point is there will be so much national attention, fans will be voting heavily on our stars.  The players as well will direct more attention to The crew mentioned above.  Hopefully if we are peaking going into the playoffs, McD might really get serious consideration for Coach of the Year.  I know he’s third, but I just don’t know if Allen actually would get MVP.  Mahomes already won it, so it is possible.  Thanks Bruce for sharing.  Keep those hits coming, and I’m not talking about songs.

2 hours ago, TUBSTER said:

I would say four at the most.  Allen, White, Diggs, and Poyer would be the most likely in my opinion.  Beasley is having an awesome season but I don't think it will put him onto that list.  As far as ranking them I think it will be Allen top 10, Diggs top 20, Tre in the 50-60 range, and Poyer in the 75-100 range if he makes it.  A pro bowl for Poyer could really help him get on this list and I think he's been our most consistent defensive player this year.  I also think that Tre is a better corner than that range but his injuries this year have limited his playing time which plays a part into it.  

If Beaz reaches 1000 yards he will. Already national talk about him being the smallest player to score more than any other ‘little guys’.

Edmunds is getting a lot of national exposure as well.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

If Beaz reaches 1000 yards he will. Already national talk about him being the smallest player to score more than any other ‘little guys’.

He would have had a walk in 35 yarder if Allen had thrown to him instead of Knox on that fourth quarter pass interference at the goal line call.

Nobody near him, and straight ahead in Josh's line of sight.

Could not figure that one out. 

• Like (+1) 1

these rankings rely alot on past reputations

seeing as we had zero players on last years list.....i'd pump the brakes on lofty ambitions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Top_100_Players_of_2019#:~:text=The NFL Top 100 Players of 2019 was,Aaron Donald was named the number one player.

my guess is only 3 bills players make the list  diggs(25), allen (35) and tre white (75).....even though they deserve higher

Based strictly on math.....there are 100 players and 32 teams. So it averages out to 3 players per team but with the Bills where they are it ‘should be’ 4 or maybe 5 players this year. Beyond Tre it’s hard to imagine another nationally recognized defensive standout (Poyer and Hyde are always considered together) so that leaves either 3 or 4 from the offensive side. 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's voted by the players and not based purely on stats.  Which is why Jarvis Landry has made it the last two years with pretty much exactly the stat projection I gave Beasley.

He's going to miss out. There will be 15-20 WR's and he's likely around 25 on the list IMO.

Maybe if he gets 90+ and 1100.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He's going to miss out. There will be 15-20 WR's and he's likely around 25 on the list IMO.

Maybe if he gets 90+ and 1100.

I think he has a better shot than you think. He might be the best slot receiver in the league, that might sneak him in. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think he has a better shot than you think. He might be the best slot receiver in the league, that might sneak him in. 

Are you looking at the players he'd have to beat i votes? He will need a strong 20-25 catch finish.

He would likely fall somewhere behind this group. Then there are probably another 10 WRs he would battle with.

Davante Adams
Tyreek Hill
DK Metcalf
Stefon Diggs
Keenan Allen
DeAndre Hopkins
A.J. Brown
Adam Thielen
Allen Robinson
Justin Jefferson
Tyler Lockett
Mike Evans
Robby Anderson
Terry McLaurin
Amari Cooper
Calvin Ridley
JuJu Smith-Schuster
Julio Jones
Cooper Kupp
DJ Moore
Robert Woods

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Are you looking at the players he'd have to beat i votes? He will need a strong 20-25 catch finish.

He would likely fall somewhere behind this group. Then there are probably another 10 WRs he would battle with.

Davante Adams
Tyreek Hill
DK Metcalf
Stefon Diggs
Keenan Allen
DeAndre Hopkins
A.J. Brown
Adam Thielen
Allen Robinson
Justin Jefferson
Tyler Lockett
Mike Evans
Robby Anderson
Terry McLaurin
Amari Cooper
Calvin Ridley
JuJu Smith-Schuster
Julio Jones
Cooper Kupp
DJ Moore
Robert Woods

Right, I get it. Welker and Edelman also made it a bunch too. I would put this season from Beasley up against any Edelman season. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Based strictly on math.....there are 100 players and 32 teams. So it averages out to 3 players per team but with the Bills where they are it ‘should be’ 4 or maybe 5 players this year. Beyond Tre it’s hard to imagine another nationally recognized defensive standout (Poyer and Hyde are always considered together) so that leaves either 3 or 4 from the offensive side. 

There's also several teams that won't have a single player on the list. Between the Jets, Jags, Bengals, Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, & Panthers- there could be no players on the list, or a handful at most. There's room for 4-5 Bills players.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Greetings from the west coast, if any of you read my last post I'm in the same relaxed state I was when I wrote that one. Here's a fun question for the off season, how many bills will be on the Nfl top 100? And how high (Ha!) Will Josh Allen be? I'm saying Josh is top 10. And I think with the increased exposure you'll see guys like Hyde, poyer, and Hughes get in. I think diggs will be top 15 and Tre will be top 25. Have a great night everyone, what a fun season it's been so far.

Always good to be relaxed!!!