John Brown designated to return from IR

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Agreed.  Doubt he's playing this week.  Sean Peyton says he has a ways to go.

actually, my comment was sarcasm to go along with the Brown discussion. I think Brees is starting. But I agree...he was really beat up

2 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Agreed.  Doubt he's playing this week.  Sean Peyton says he has a ways to go.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/18/drew-brees-to-start-sunday-vs-chiefs/

Edited by nucci
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

You enjoy making mountains out of mole hills, Brown , Beasley and Diggs have had numerous drops as well, it’s frankly normal that receivers drop passes, it ain’t great but it’s nothing to get up about, it just is. 

Go Bills!!!

I realize that for you, this may be a phrase you use in the normal course of discourse, but to me:

A phrase from a Beatles song?  Nice!

Strawberry Fields Forever.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBob said:

I realize that for you, this may be a phrase you use in the normal course of discourse, but to me:

Yup, I suspect that’s where I picked it up from, I’m second generation In the US from England, so lots of that influence growing up. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BuffaloBob said:

24 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Yup, I suspect that’s where I picked it up from, I’m second generation In the US from England, so lots of that influence growing up. 

Great reference.  But it's "nothing to get hung about."

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

Great reference.  But it's "nothing to get hung about."

Darn, wrong again... I alway hear lyrics wrong, been doing it since forever.,. 😁

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

So  maybe he's not 100% healthy. Sounds like you and others would want him to sit regardless of his health.

No way!  His presence adds another dimension to the offense.  I want him as healthy as possible for the most important part of the season: the post-season.

37 minutes ago, Doc said:

No way!  His presence adds another dimension to the offense.  I want him as healthy as possible for the most important part of the season: the post-season.

He probably makes it back for the Pats game we got two extra days playing on Saturday then Monday.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

We all do, but you can't just sit people in hopes they don't get hurt.

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

He probably makes it back for the Pats game we got two extra days playing on Saturday then Monday.

If it's a return game for him, the days we played on previous weeks are irrelevant for him, so it's only one extra day for him vs usual Sunday games.  It's only two days for the people who played the Saturday. 

10 hours ago, klos63 said:

We all do, but you can't just sit people in hopes they don't get hurt.

That's not what I was saying.  The more time he gets to heal the better.  If they don't need him, don't play him until the playoffs.  I don't think he needs reps to get him back into the swing of things, but if they feel he does, then by all means give him a couple against Miami.

• Like (+1) 1

He spent a few games trying to play though knee and ankle injuries that were not fully healed and he did not look to be the same player, and then he was hurt again.  Especially against Denver, they do not need him and he should not play.  Give him another week of practice and then make a decision on next week.  They need him healthy for the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/18/2020 at 6:47 AM, Doc said:

He’s got to return. Their season start slipping away. 

Season slipping away?  How do?  Win 9 games in a row.....then lose to a QB that no one has ever seen before after he runs for 100 yards.  Having their backup QB losing to a Jim Schwartz D.

I don’t see how their season is starting to slip away after one loss

49 minutes ago, Doc said:

That's not what I was saying.  The more time he gets to heal the better.  If they don't need him, don't play him until the playoffs.  I don't think he needs reps to get him back into the swing of things, but if they feel he does, then by all means give him a couple against Miami.

Agreed.  Sit brown til Miami and then play sparingly to get some him some action prior to the playoffs.  We’ll need him in the first playoff game

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Season slipping away?  How do?  Win 9 games in a row.....then lose to a QB that no one has ever seen before after he runs for 100 yards.  Having their backup QB losing to a Jim Schwartz D.

I don’t see how their season is starting to slip away after one loss

Meaning falling behind and losing the division and a home playoff game.  And they're still in-play HFA.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  Sit brown til Miami and then play sparingly to get some him some action prior to the playoffs.  We’ll need him in the first playoff game

Yup.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Meaning falling behind and losing the division and a home playoff game.  And they're still in-play HFA.

Yup.

Losing the division?  They’re 2 games up and have already swept TB.  I suppose they could lose all 3 games and TB wins all three...:but that’s the only way they lose the division.  

home field, for sure.  It’s a big one too.  Drew doesn’t wanna have to play in Lambeau come late January.