John Brown designated to return from IR

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Losing the division?  They’re 2 games up and have already swept TB.  I suppose they could lose all 3 games and TB wins all three...:but that’s the only way they lose the division.  

home field, for sure.  It’s a big one too.  Drew doesn’t wanna have to play in Lambeau come late January.

True losing the division is a longshot, but there's still a chance.  And yup, playing on the frozen tundra will be almost impossible.

On 12/15/2020 at 6:27 PM, machine gun kelly said:

Not with Sickle Cell brother.

He does not have sickle cell disease, he has sickle cell trait !  Sickle cell trait is a BENIGN CONDITION , with usually NONE. Of the symptoms or complications of sickle cell disease.  It is important genetically as it is passed on as an autosomal dominant trait.  Lifespan and mortality are similar to those without the trait.   The only exception and it’s rare and John should know his risk by now , is if someone get extremely dehydrated associated with hyperthermia.  It’s the same for any athlete with a risk of sudden death from hyperthermia associated with exercise and dehydration , and multiple guidelines have been known for years in the military ( where they push recruits and deaths in even trait neg individuals have occurred. Interestingly more deaths have occurred in Caucasian’s with the trait this in blacks with the trait as most Caucasian’s are unaware they have the trait. ).

There  may be slight risk of slow acclimation to high altitude but John has played in Denver before and I assume he has no other complicating health conditions ( like diabetes or chronic kidney disease ) that would put  him at increased risk.  Given the low risk of excessive exercise associated with hyperthermia in Denver at this time of year and also given how hydration is pushed at all NFL AND college football games , his risk just due to sickle cell TRAIT  is negligible for mobility other than normal football injuries.  He has been out four weeks which should have given him plenty of time to rehab his ankle and knee injuries.  Of course all individual heal at diff rates so the trainers will know if he is ready or not. But the sickle cell issue is really a non issue for a professional athlete in this type of environment ( assuming. No co morbidities. ).  Risks like splenic infarction are likewise associate with extreme heat , dehydration , and not just altitude like can be seen with SS DISEASE.   Risk or occurance with the trait is extremely rare.    I would have him available or play him if his ankle is healed.  Need this game to clinch afc east.  I could see using him as a decoy or getting the lead and then limiting his time. Could be a trap game off big emotional win and Denver has been playing well.  Plus he needs to get in contact, football shape. ( my reference for all Med information is latest updated , UPTODATE , professional subscription just updated today. )  I would trust John’s knowledge of his own body as well and if he feels ready to go he should play.  Main point is SICKLE CELL TRAIT IS NOT AN ISSUE REGARDING HIS AVAILABILITY!    Go Bills ! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2