John Brown designated to return from IR

YoloinOhio

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

We clinch the division with a win over Denver, right?

Would be crazy to have two meaningless games, and one of them be the Pats. Not sure I can go into a Pats game not caring about winning, but it sounds kinda fun.

Yes.  I want them to TCB this Saturday, and then the rest of the season is gravy.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, H2o said:

Figured as much. I don't expect to see him until Miami and that will be just to get some work in before the Playoffs. 

I wouldn't be shocked to see him come back on a limited snap count in NE and MIA. I think he would be best served to have two games on a limited snap count to get into full gear for the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I wouldn't be shocked to see him come back on a limited snap count in NE and MIA. I think he would be best served to have two games on a limited snap count to get into full gear for the playoffs. 

I'd have him play only against Miami and just a few snaps.  Give his ankle/foot more time to heal and get him some PT after a month-and-a-half off.

Edited by Doc

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'd have him play only in Miami and just a few snaps.  Give his ankle/foot more time to heal.

To me it all depends on the assessment. With missing the Denver game he has had 4 weeks off, if the doctors say that he is healed then I would rather work him in over the course of two weeks slowly. Maybe 10 snaps against NE and 15ish against Miami? I remember reading a sports science article that going from 0 or near 0 to 60 when coming back from an injury is not always optimal for recovery. He is so huge to the team's Super Bowl aspirations that I am for caution as much as needed.

Edited by billsfan89

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

What am I making this into?

My point is he's not John Brown and he's had his fair share of struggles. None of that is untrue.

It wasn't one game.... he's had a few drops this year, has struggled to separate, and isn't the most aggressive reciever.( See Allens INT against Arizona.) 

All I'm suggesting is this team needs John Brown if they are going to make a deep playoff run. 

You enjoy making mountains out of mole hills, Brown , Beasley and Diggs have had numerous drops as well, it’s frankly normal that receivers drop passes, it ain’t great but it’s nothing to get up about, it just is. 

Go Bills!!!

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We clinch the division with a win over Denver, right?

Would be crazy to have two meaningless games, and one of them be the Pats. Not sure I can go into a Pats game not caring about winning, but it sounds kinda fun.

That would be the time that the offense needs to start getting the run game figured out and try to see what they need to do in the playoffs.  Still pass for sure but definitely make it closer to 50/50 if not heavier on the run for those games.

5 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Even when he was playing this year, he was playing extremely hurt.  I'm good with holding him out for the 20 days until we are forced to activate him.  You watch his tape from last year to this year, and he was literally running on one leg this year.

I believe he’s recovered from his ankle/knee injuries, but not in game shape and no need to rush him back to play in Denver when he has the sickle cell trait. The altitude may really affect him, especially with the time off. I imagine hell

Play against NE.

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I don’t think any game for this team is a trap game.. The Bills and hungry and humble.. Trap games are for prideful and ego driven teams..

Agreed, a trap game? The division is on the line for the first time in 25 years, and we’re gonna look past them toward the 6-7 going nowhere Patriots? 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, matter2003 said:

We have been 3-0 without him in the lineup. Davis has been playing well in his absence and the offense has figured out how to move the ball a lot better than in the beginning of the year when he was missing or hurt for various games.

Lost to Tennessee without him.   Replacing Brown w Andre Roberts was not a good plan. So actually 3 - 1.

I agree that they have figured out a better strategy the last 3 weeks and recent game plan have good.  If Bills play to their new standard, they’ll be OK in Denver

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Part one of my prediction is true. Let’s see if he is activated before NE now. 

High ankle sprains are 4-6 week injuries typically and considering that he had other injuries to heal and that his game is built on speed and change of direction it was a pretty easy prediction to figure he'd be out the full 6 weeks(which is what the New England game will make it).    

16 hours ago, Doc said:

I'd have him play only against Miami and just a few snaps.  Give his ankle/foot more time to heal and get him some PT after a month-and-a-half off.

What if it's already healed?

It seems everyone thinks that no matter when a player comes back,  they should always take another week off, 'just to be sure'. If he's healthy, he should play. If there is a risk of re-injury just by playing, then he's not ready to play.

Edited by klos63
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

It seems everyone thinks that no matter when a player comes back,  they should always take another week off, 'just to be sure'. If he's healthy, he should play. If there is a risk of re-injury just by playing, then he's not ready to play.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/2abecdb2-4d20-45c5-9400-2ece39ece312

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Well he’s not playing this week so...