Jets Fan Admitting Josh Allen is Better and Why

mykidsdad

I think this video is pretty well done, and the graphs at the end are very telling. Was it Josh or the franchise that made the difference or some magical combination? I'm not sure, but one thing is for sure: poor Sam Darnold is toast in New Jersey, and we have our guy!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

They will be making the argument that Lawrence is the best QB in the division once they draft him.

Agreed. That's why I have never rooted more for the Jets to win a game.

Edited by mykidsdad
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 3

I was talking with a Jets fan friend and he said he and his son were lamenting the Jets taking Darnold over Josh. He said his son told him “but dad it wouldn’t have mattered, the Jets would have ruined him also.”  I said “maybe, but Darnold looks like the same guy as he did when I started paying attention to during his sophomore season in college and that was the when I realized I didn’t want him.”  He agreed with that as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I dont think that Darnold has the Desire and Want to (in order to get better).  Is he putting the work it, his mechanics are still as bad as they were in USC.

Take ANYONE but Fields (he will become the best QB in that class).

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I dont think that Darnold has the Desire and Want to (in order to get better).  Is he putting the work it, his mechanics are still as bad as they were in USC

Take ANYONE but Fields (he will become the best QB in that class)

The bolded is funny. You GENUINELY believe that Fields will be better in the NFL than all other QB's in this class? If I knew you in real life, I would bet my house against you with that.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

A guy I work with has been scared for weeks that NE is going to toss the Jets game week 17. He said that the Jags would win/lose the tie breaker and take the first overall pick in the draft. Unsure if he is right on that, he is a Jets fan after all. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I can't imagine the Pats losing on purpose. But I think the math is right. A tie record, means the jags draft first.

Trevor Lawrence > any QB since Manning. I hope I'm wrong. I'm a Clemson fan, so I'm biased, but I've been watching the kid more closely, too.

5 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

The bolded is funny. You GENUINELY believe that Fields will be better in the NFL than all other QB's in this class? If I knew you in real life, I would bet my house against you with that.

I do, put him on a team that builds around him you have another Josh Allen.  Watch.  Than again whoever the Jets draft at QB I will not care to much they will kill him as well.

Edited by MAJBobby

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

They will be making the argument that Lawrence is the best QB in the division once they draft him.

Lawrence train of thought:

• do I get my money early, but risk career injury behind their OL
  • or do I stay in school another year (some injury risk) and hopefully get a better situation

To stay in, or come out early, is a tough call for Lawrence. Depends on his ability to tolerate delayed gratification.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, boater said:

• or do I stay in school another year (some injury risk) and hopefully get a better situation

To stay in, or come out early, is a tough call for Lawrence. Depends on his ability to tolerate delayed gratification.

I hope he waits the year.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, boater said:

I know the Jets suck but why go back to school and risk getting hurt. What if he has a bad year next season and isn't the #1 pick in 2022. To much $$$ to pass up. IMHO.

6 minutes ago, boater said:

Not many teams picking 1st overall are a 'good' situation. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

Why, they will ruin him just as they ruined Darnold.

They ONLY way Lawrence gets a chance to become a franchise QB is if the fire the entire coaching staff and perhaps the GM.

Then hire a great head coach / GM. 

Not easy to do when you look at Dallas, Detroit and other teams floundering for years.

• Like (+1) 1