Defense Peaking at Right Time!

Man, a few hot takes:

1.  Run fits fixed,

2.  Lots of pressure all the time now;

3.  Less vanilla

4.  Looks like last year's D.

Take away the turnover-aided TD, we shut them down.  8 points.  Wow.  If D can match what O has been all year, we could have some fun!

Oh, and:

5.  Welcome back Matt Milano!!!!

• Like (+1) 11

That looked a lot like the D from last year...held Steelers to 224 total yards and only 47 on the ground. This is the 3rd straight week at least we held a team to under 100 yards rushing.

Bills legit could beat anyone in the NFL right now. 

2 hours ago, BillsCuse said:

I love that they've been super aggressive and brought a lot more pressure the last month or so.  It has made a huge difference.

aand stopped playing prevent in the 4th quarter.   The offense helped them by sustaining drivers in Q4

• Like (+1) 1

The defense reminds me of the early 2000s eagles defense when the late great jim johnson was their d coordinator. I believe McDermott was on the staff at some point during that time when Brian Dawkins was their safety. It looks like McD took some of JJs zone blitz schemes. 

Edited by GETTOTHE50

10 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

The defense reminds me of the early 2000s eagles defense when the late great jim johnson was their d coordinator. I believe McDermott was on the staff at some point during that time when Brian Dawkins was their safety. It looks like McD took some of JJs zone blitz schemes. 

As was Leslie Frazier.....

10 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Agreed.  whereas the Josh Allen throw should have possibly been called a fumble.

Yea it should. Was stunned there was no challenge. Looked like the Steelers had a recovery too. We did get a couple of breaks last night but that is how it goes.

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea it should. Was stunned there was no challenge. Looked like the Steelers had a recovery too. We did get a couple of breaks last night but that is how it goes.

I think they blew it dead right away, so it takes whatever happens after that off the table. But it sure looked like fumble.

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

yeah bud, McD, cut his teeth with the great JJ.  If Coordinators could get in the HOF, he’d be in it.  He’s admitted many of his strategy, and scheme comes from JJ.  How he confuses and disguises blitzes from CB and Safeties is right out of his playbook.

• Like (+1) 1