Bills Accolades

SloanBillsFan

I haven't been around in a while. Medical and family issues. 

But something occurred to me over the last few weeks and I wonder if anyone else has had the same thought:

I'm becoming strangely comfortable with all of the positive press the Bills have received over the past couple seasons. 

I wasn't here for the Super Bowl years and only got on the scene after well into the drought. 

• Like (+1) 1

I was in my early 30s for the Super Bowl years and my favorite memory was speeding home from work, EVERY NIGHT, to catch Sportscenter. Berman and the boys were always talking up our Bills and we didn’t want to miss a word. My friends and family would then spend the rest of the night on the phone (connected to the wall) and relive what was on Sportscenter. Remember, back then, Al Gore had not yet invented the internet.

Prelude to Two Bills Drive.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I think the Chiefs are better all around.  But Buffalo is coming.  The recognition is coming.  Some of it freely given, some grudgingly.  What makes it so damn special for me is Josh.  He is the most humble person at his position I have seen.  He takes the hits when it is going bad and he spreads praise when it is going good.  And quietly but steadily he is getting better.  Objectively better.  Statistically better.  For me as good as this season has been, and it has been really, really good, I desperately want a Bills win in NE.  To me, that would be cathartic.  That would signify a changing of the guard.  This division is going to be full of good QBs soon.  It's going to be fun.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

In the years past it was nice getting some praise after some previous really good false starts to a season but you always felt that it was a mirage.

Now, I'm happy to hear the praise because it's legit.  Whether or not we do something special this year is up in the air, but I feel pretty certain that the Bills will be challenging consistently for AFC championship games over the next decade and will likely see an a super bowl opportunity or two.   This team is straight up legit, Josh Allen is an upper echelon franchise QB who is as competitive as they come which is what will push this franchise over the top.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Magox said:

In the years past it was nice getting some praise after some previous really good false starts to a season but you always felt that it was a mirage.

Now, I'm happy to hear the praise because it's legit.  Whether or not we do something special this year is up in the air, but I feel pretty certain that the Bills will be challenging consistently for AFC championship games over the next decade and will likely see an a super bowl opportunity or two.   This team is straight up legit, Josh Allen is an upper echelon franchise QB who is as competitive as they come which is what will push this franchise over the top.

Agree magox . Great post man.

I love the coverage. It means the team has been playing well consistently. 

One thing I will never understand is the “I like being under the radar” fans... that inherently means you havnt done enough to be ON the radar. Give me the hype and publicity, because for a small market team it means they’ve been performing at a high level for a solid duration in order to garner it. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I’m not ashamed to say that I’m a Bills junkie.. I care maybe more than I should but football is a great way to escape the matrix for 2-3 hours on Sunday.

Totally agree with that. I’m exactly the same. I was referring to the OP who apparently used to worry that the Bills got good press when they played good, but now apparently doesn’t worry nearly as much, to the point of actually being comfortable, that the Bills are getting good press when playing good. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Hey Sloan Bills Fan - First and foremost - well wishes on the medical and family issues!

Speaking on behalf of a Bills fan that was around the Super Bowl run seasons - yes sir - it sure makes watching the games and the local sports coverage a lot more fun.  

Enjoy it with a grateful smile...

7 hours ago, The Wiz said:

It gets me high on the team which makes me more nervous. BBFS. 

Totally. I feel good about the game this weekend...and because the Bills always kick me in the nuts when I feel good about the team...I feel bad about this weekend. BBFS whiplash lol

12 hours ago, SloanBillsFan said:

I haven't been around in a while. Medical and family issues. 

But something occurred to me over the last few weeks and I wonder if anyone else has had the same thought:

I'm becoming strangely comfortable with all of the positive press the Bills have received over the past couple seasons. 

I wasn't here for the Super Bowl years and only got on the scene after well into the drought. 

Glad you're feeling/doing better SloanBillsFan. And, yes, I am slowly becoming more comfortable with all the positive press. Let's hope we aren't disappointed--but I am getting less and less worried about the disappointment possibility.

To the local press.  Each week I listen to you ask the same variations of questions. Goes something like this:  Hey Josh, great game last week.  I wonder if you could tell us why you and Diggs have meshed so well this season? And then Josh gives you the same rehearsed answer.  

How about using your one question to ask Josh something like:  Hey Josh, great game.  Take us through the play where you threw that insane pass over Warner and between three players to Gabe Davis.  What was the call, what was the read and what gave you the confidence to throw that?  Did you know you had a wide open Lee Smith on that play?