Week 15 Browns-Giants flexed to SNF

Greg S

https://nypost.com/2020/12/09/giants-browns-flexed-to-sunday-night-football-in-week-15/

Replaces the Cowboys game which gets moved to Sunday afternoon. I guess America doesn't want to watch "America's team". I wonder if Buffalo and Miami gets flexed in week 17. I guess it depends on playoff possibilities for certain teams. Even if Buffalo has the division clinched the fins may still be fighting for a WC. It's 2 good teams, a rivalry game with Allen and Tua.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

So they flexed one turd game for another lol. It's possible the Bills will be resting the Miami game. 

Giants are fighting for the division and the Browns for a WC. Definitely a better game than DAL-SF.

• Like (+1) 8

27 minutes ago, Greg S said:

https://nypost.com/2020/12/09/giants-browns-flexed-to-sunday-night-football-in-week-15/

Replaces the Cowboys game which gets moved to Sunday afternoon. I guess America doesn't want to watch "America's team". I wonder if Buffalo and Miami gets flexed in week 17. I guess it depends on playoff possibilities for certain teams. Even if Buffalo has the division clinched the fins may still be fighting for a WC. It's 2 good teams, a rivalry game with Allen and Tua.

They might flex it, but typically the last couple of seasons - they have been trying to have all of the playoff implication games play out at the same time at 4 PM so everyone is forced to play to try and get in.  

We will see, but if things stay on course - I would expect it to be a 4pm game with limited implications.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

They might flex it, but typically the last couple of seasons - they have been trying to have all of the playoff implication games play out at the same time at 4 PM so everyone is forced to play to try and get in.  

We will see, but if things stay on course - I would expect it to be a 4pm game with limited implications.

Yeah there is no Sunday game week 17. All games end at around 4p WCT for playoff seedings.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Giants are fighting for the division and the Browns for a WC. Definitely a better game than DAL-SF.

If the Bills and Browns win this weekend it is still not beyond the realm of possibility that the Browns win the division. They likely have to win out.... because they are 2-2 in division and Pitt's most likely remaining win is against Cincy which would make them at worst 5-1. But the Steelers play Buffalo, Indy and Cleveland in 3 or their last 4. Them ending up 12-4 is pretty likely IMO.

44 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

So they flexed one turd game for another lol. It's possible the Bills will be resting the Miami game. 

Giants just beat Seattle.  Browns are arguably playing the best football in the NFL.  Both of those teams are capable of going pretty deep into the playoffs.  Does anyone really think the Giants should be afraid of any NFC Wild Card team.  I wouldn't want any part of Cleveland if they keep playing this way.  The Browns are a real threat to win the whole thing.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Weird to see the Browns AND Bills both playing lights out football.  Well - it IS 2020.

Kevin Stefanski has done a tremendous job in changing the culture of the Browns organization. It wasn't that long ago they went 1-15 and 0-16 in B2B years. I would be shocked if doesn't win coach of the year.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, FUTURIST said:

Giants just beat Seattle.  Browns are arguably playing the best football in the NFL.  Both of those teams are capable of going pretty deep into the playoffs.  Does anyone really think the Giants should be afraid of any NFC Wild Card team.  I wouldn't want any part of Cleveland if they keep playing this way.  The Browns are a real threat to win the whole thing.

No on both accounts

• Like (+1) 1

Browns have had a soft schedule. Don't get me wrong... of all the wild card teams they're the one I don't want the Bills to play but beating up on Cincy, Jags, and the NFC East doesn't strike fear into me. They've played 5 playoff teams. Losses to: Steelers, Ravens, Raiders Wins against: Colts, Titans.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Week 17 does not get decided till Monday on week 16.  Only if buffalo-Miami winner gets division does this happen.

if they are going to be facing each other the next week they aren’t going to play starters.

AZ at Rams could be a play in game

PIT at CLE coukd be for division and seeding in p,ayoffs

TEN or IND games could be winner gets division but if they lose the other gets division

WAS at PHL could be winner gets division if WAS is half game ahead of PHL and NTG a game behind WAS

MIN-DET coukd be for WC

right now

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

As long as we beat the Steelers Sunday night it seems unlikely week 17 won't at least be for seeding. Come week 17 Bills will either have the #2 seed  or be in position for the #2 seed if Steelers lose. And if they hold the #2 seed they will likely need to beat Miami to keep it. 

1 hour ago, FUTURIST said:

Giants just beat Seattle.  Browns are arguably playing the best football in the NFL.  Both of those teams are capable of going pretty deep into the playoffs.  Does anyone really think the Giants should be afraid of any NFC Wild Card team.  I wouldn't want any part of Cleveland if they keep playing this way.  The Browns are a real threat to win the whole thing

Giants have a difficult next 3 games playing teams with better records and in playoff hunts themselves.

Any team can beat any team on any given Sunday.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Giants have also been playing better.

I live in Giants territory and they've actually been playing pretty decent all year they were just losing very close games.  Took the bucs right down to the wire and they were a horrible Evan engram drop away from sweeping the eagles.  Their defense has played pretty well could be an interesting game with the browns