Week 15 Browns-Giants flexed to SNF

Greg S

58 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Browns have had a soft schedule. Don't get me wrong... of all the wild card teams they're the one I don't want the Bills to play but beating up on Cincy, Jags, and the NFC East doesn't strike fear into me. They've played 5 playoff teams. Losses to: Steelers, Ravens, Raiders Wins against: Colts, Titans.

Hate to say this but the 2020 Browns kind of remind me of the 219 Buffalo Bills in terms of a soft schedule being a benefit.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

As long as we beat the Steelers Sunday night it seems unlikely week 17 won't at least be for seeding. Come week 17 Bills will either have the #2 seed  or be in position for the #2 seed if Steelers lose. And if they hold the #2 seed they will likely need to beat Miami to keep it. 

Do we really want the 2 seed? No bye so we would probably play the tougher team that week. On the other hand it could give an extra home game

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Do we really want the 2 seed? No bye so we would probably play the tougher team that week. On the other hand it could give an extra home game

The #2 seed would get the lowest seed on WC weekend. The #1 gets the bye and then #2 vs #7, #3 vs #6, #4 vs #5. The AFC is pretty strong this year so no matter who the Bills play it will be a tough opponent.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The #2 seed would get the lowest seed on WC weekend. The #1 gets the bye and then #2 vs #7, #3 vs #6, #4 vs #5. The AFC is pretty strong this year so no matter who the Bills play it will be a tough opponent.

I don't know why I got that backwards. 

39 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Of course we do.  You get the lower seeded team and have higher priority for home games.  If the 1 seed got upset, would keep home field until the Superbowl.

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

https://nypost.com/2020/12/09/giants-browns-flexed-to-sunday-night-football-in-week-15/

Replaces the Cowboys game which gets moved to Sunday afternoon. I guess America doesn't want to watch "America's team". I wonder if Buffalo and Miami gets flexed in week 17. I guess it depends on playoff possibilities for certain teams. Even if Buffalo has the division clinched the fins may still be fighting for a WC. It's 2 good teams, a rivalry game with Allen and Tua.

Likely there will be one CBS game flexed to the 4:00 slot which both the Bills Miami game and the Pitt Cleveland game are. There will also be one game flexed to Sunday night from either the CBS or Fox side.  There are also two 4:00 Fox games scheduled, involving all four NFC west teams which good chance all four could still be in playoff chase at a minimum  both games could determine seeding so as has been mentioned above likely they will want to keep both of those games going at the same time which they can do by keeping at 4;00 on Fox . 

So that leaves the Bills Miami game and the Pitt Cleveland game  as the two most likely IMO to be moved to Sunday night and the other to 4:00 on CBS.  Excluding those 4:00 Fox games, those are also the only two games where both teams are likely in the playoffs and could determine either division or wildcard seeding.

PS I wish I knew how to resize the graphic below to make larger?   LOL

image.thumb.png.e41457bc3f6edcd12fbfc324470b235b.png

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

Oddly enough in the NFC it will be best to manage to slip out of winning the division to be the top wild card, so you can play whomever crawls out of the NFC East.  2020 is wild.

14 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Oddly enough in the NFC it will be best to manage to slip out of winning the division to be the top wild card, so you can play whomever crawls out of the NFC East.  2020 is wild.

The Giants have won 4 in a row and their D seems pretty solid. Washington is another team with a strong defense. I agree that it is better to match up against one of these teams but I don't think it will be as easy as some might think. Of course teams will want to avoid NO/GB if they can.

Edited by Greg S