Bills adjustment to 49ers run game

https://mobile.twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1336386002051616770

I always enjoys seeing Baldys quick recaps and here is a good one adjusting to the run game where we got gashed on cutbacks. He has a few more Bills videos in his Twitter feed to watch. One of which Javon Kinlaw does two spins ,works his butt off to beat our lineman only for Josh to escape. Josh breaking spirits out there with his pin point throw to Davis. Good stuff!

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1336386002051616770

I always enjoys seeing Baldys quick recaps and here is a good one adjusting to the run game where we got gashed on cutbacks. He has a few more Bills videos in his Twitter feed to watch. One of which A 49ers flu mean does two spins works his butt off to be our lineman only for Josh to escape. Josh breaking spirits out there with his pin point throw to Davis. Good stuff!

It is nice to see the way this staff adjusts on the fly.  It is also critical that the Bills have so much flexibility to allow a shift from a standard 4 man line to essentially a 3 down line line and 2 essentially outside backers in Tre and Jerry.  

Once they clogged that up and made them more one dimensional- then they could get into different looks.

What a nice job by the staff and the players to adjust and be ready.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TPS said:

This one on Oliver is great too.

Ed Oliver might not be a prototypical 1 technique player but that is a fantastic job of taking on a double team and making the play. He is making progress but a lot of people aren't noticing.

16 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I believe one of the biggest adjustments we made was having a decent sized lead in the 2nd half which forced them to pass the ball

Man...those SF RB and WRs are a handful.   They are tough to bring down....Even their 3rd string RB was killing us.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Ed Oliver might not be a prototypical 1 technique player but that is a fantastic job of taking on a double team and making the play. He is making progress but a lot of people aren't noticing.

Agreed. 

Probably because It's hard to notice someone who gets double-teamed a lot (though that's his job too!).  I certainly didn't notice this play during the game. That's why it's great to follow Baldy, he shows you those things that are hard to notice on TV. 

My last gripe: Too many casual fans only look at the stat sheet, and if you don't see Oliver with many tackles or sacks, or he didn't make a flashy play on TV, then he must not be playing well.....

• Like (+1) 1

The adjustment was clearly in response to something. I recall one play, where I believe SF took a timeout because Edmunds had come all the way down to the outside left side of the line of scrimmage right before the snap. I remember saying ‘what the heck?’ right before the timeout. Something was going on and it’s hard to believe that was an in game adjustment but maybe so.

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

And that's why we don't see the 8+ sacks by now imo, because they are playing him out of position in many instances. Having to cover the 1-Tech because Star opted out this year has hurt his numbers. Ed O is a good player, a good fit for this defense, but this is what he is sucking it up to do this year. I honestly think this year is going to make him better by leaps and bounds when he goes back to manning the 3-Tech full time next season.