Power Rankings Week 14 - near unanimous Top 5

Power Rankings: Everyone thinks the Bills are top-five.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/08/power-rankings-everyone-buffalo-bills-top-five/

This team is good.

Following their latest win, Buffalo sits securely in the top-five of pretty much every power ranking poll across the national NFL landscape. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/08/pfts-week-14-2020-power-rankings/amp/

4. Bills (No. 4; 9-3): The Bills are definitely ready for prime time.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/08/nfl-power-rankings-for-week-14-steelers-hold-browns-rise/amp/

4. Buffalo Bills, 9-3 (4)

Josh Allen was fantastic in Monday night’s rout of San Francisco, with 375 passing yards and four touchdowns without an interception 

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

I would say #3 

1. Chiefs

2. Green Bay

3. Buffalo

I'd put the Saints at 2, Steelers at 3 (based on record), Packers at 4, and the Bills at 5.  If the Bills beat the Steelers on Sunday, which I believe they have a very good chance to do, they would move up above the Steelers and possibly above Green Bay too, depending on how they play on Sunday.  Other than the Chiefs, an argument could be made for the Bills to be anywhere from #2-#5.  Between #5 and #10, there is come combination of the Browns, Dolphins, Rams, Ravens, and Titans.  The AFC is definitely the stronger conference this year.  It sure is fun to be part of the conversation again and not just be at the bottom of the "in the hunt" list.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I'd put the Saints at 2, Steelers at 3 (based on record), Packers at 4, and the Bills at 5.  If the Bills beat the Steelers on Sunday, which I believe they have a very good chance to do, they would move up above the Steelers and possibly above Green Bay too, depending on how they play on Sunday.  Other than the Chiefs, an argument could be made for the Bills to be anywhere from #2-#5.  Between #5 and #10, there is come combination of the Browns, Dolphins, Rams, Ravens, and Titans.  The AFC is definitely the stronger conference this year.  It sure is fun to be part of the conversation again and not just be at the bottom of the "in the hunt" list.

Yup! It’s crazy to see the patriots at the bottom of the “in the hunt“ list.

I love it though!

Not that I care as I really never even look these things up unless you guys make a thread, but at the risk of Sounding like Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory, how do you have power rankings come out before the Ravens play the Cowboys.  What if Dallas pulled out an upset?  Wouldn’t that affect their ranking.  Honestly I don’t care and prefer just to see the graphic who is leading the divisions and who are the current wild cards and their rankings based on their wins/losses.

That at least for the week makes a projection of who could be possibly our opponent in week 1 of the playoffs.  I enjoy those graphics.

13 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Not that I care as I really never even look these things up unless you guys make a thread, but at the risk of Sounding like Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory, how do you have power rankings come out before the Ravens play the Cowboys.  What if Dallas pulled out an upset?  Wouldn’t that affect their ranking.  Honestly I don’t care and prefer just to see the graphic who is leading the divisions and who are the current wild cards and their rankings based on their wins/losses.

That at least for the week makes a projection of who could be possibly our opponent in week 1 of the playoffs.  I enjoy those graphics.

Tom Grossi explained it at the start of his video. It didn't matter what those teams did they weren't making the top 10.

9 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Power Rankings: Everyone thinks the Bills are top-five.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/08/power-rankings-everyone-buffalo-bills-top-five/

This team is good.

Following their latest win, Buffalo sits securely in the top-five of pretty much every power ranking poll across the national NFL landscape. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/08/pfts-week-14-2020-power-rankings/amp/

4. Bills (No. 4; 9-3): The Bills are definitely ready for prime time.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/08/nfl-power-rankings-for-week-14-steelers-hold-browns-rise/amp/

4. Buffalo Bills, 9-3 (4)

Josh Allen was fantastic in Monday night’s rout of San Francisco, with 375 passing yards and four touchdowns without an interception 

Just remember everyone, you get respect when you EARN respect.

Getting bent out of shape any time someone doesn't pick the Bills to win a game any given week isn't "disrespect," nor is critiquing a player's on the field performance. Notice all the positive things being said? When you win, do it on the road, beat good teams, have your best players playing complete games, etc. you will get praised. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Lol Miami and Cleveland:

Baltimore is going to get in over Miami.  

5. Cleveland 

6. Colts

7. Ravens

Cleveland could very well finish 12-4 or 13-3 if they keep playing like they have been, so they might end up ranked higher.

They only have the Ravens, Giants & Jets left, along with Pittsburgh week 17. The 2 division games are obviously huge for them, but they have a chance against both.

Beat the Steelers and their is no doubt they belong in the top 4 discussion with the Chiefs, Saints, and Packers. The Chiefs have earned the uncontested place at the top, and the  order of the Bills, Steelers, Saints and Pack can all be debated. But, still games to be played.

Looking at the current playoff teams' schedules, I'm wondering what the final seeding could look like given who we're all playing:

1) Steelers: @ Bills, @ Bengals, Colts & @ Browns (Opponents W/L - 28/19/1 and 3 x playoff teams) ***Most Playoff-bound Teams (Currently)***

2) Chiefs: @ Dolphins, @ Saints, Falcons & Chargers (Opponents W/L - 25/23 and 2 x playoff teams)

3) Bills: Steelers, @ Broncos, @ Patriots, Dolphins (Opponents W/L - 29/19 and 2 x playoff teams)

4) Titans: @ Jaguars, Lions, @ Packers, @ Texans (Opponents W/L - 19/29 and 1 x playoff team) ***Lowest Opponent Win %***

5) Browns: Ravens, @ Giants, @ Jets, Steelers (Opponents W/L - 23/25 and 1 playoff team)

6) Dolphins: Chiefs, Patriots, @ Raiders, @ Bills (Opponents W/L - 33/15 and 2 playoff teams) ***Highest Opponent Win %***

7) Colts: @ Raiders, Texans, @ Steelers, Jaguars (Opponents W/L - 23/25 and 1 playoff team)

Titans could easily move up based on their remaining schedule, plus they have the tie-breaker in a head-to-head against us. Dolphins have a rough schedule, as their worst opponent is still .500 & it happens to be the Patriots who you can never underestimate. 

Aside from that, the Bills technically have the 2nd most difficult schedule in terms of opponents' W/L record, barely edging out the Steelers. We likely need to finish these last games going 3-1 if we want to edge out Tennessee, barring a complete collapse on their part. We're definitely going to be tested down the stretch, but thankfully the Dolphins are too.

Edited by BigDingus

We're going to be playing Cleveland or Baltimore in round 1.  

Cleveland if 4 seed.  Baltimore if 3.

Hold on edit I just looked at the Browns schedule....and the Colts have 4 losses Ravens 5 so I don't know how a tiebreaker with those 2 would work.  But the Ravens Colts and Browns could all have 5 losses and I don't know tiebreaker.

1. Chiefs

2. Steelers 

3. Bills 

4. Titans (I see losing only 1 more)

5. Browns (2 losses)

6. Colts (maybe 1 more loss) 

7. Ravens (win out they'll beat Cleveland this week)

Edited by Big Blitz

10 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Lol Miami and Cleveland:

Baltimore is going to get in over Miami.  

5. Cleveland 

6. Colts

7. Ravens

People talking about the Dolphins weak schedule, and how ours is so much harder....

The Jags are amazing. Look at their strength of victory - .667!

They're clearly undervalued.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Hey Slim. Love the weekly power rankings thread. Thanks. Is it possible to add the offensive and defensive rankings as well or do a new thread need to be started? I see that as of week 14 the Bills are offense(4) and defense(14). 

feel free.  

CopyPaste isn’t as easy as it seems ;)  ;)  

:) 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/8/2020 at 9:09 PM, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I dont like to get ahead of ourselves but where do you think we go if we beat the Steelers 😁

The Bills beat the Steelers and we will be #2 in the Power Rankings.  Only the Chiefs will be ahead of them. 

1 Chiefs

2 Bills

3 Packers

Just now, loyal2dagame said:

Nope,  somehow we will end up at 4

There is nobody to be behind.  We will jump the Steelers and nobody is putting the Packers ahead of Buffalo after we beat the Steelers.  Saints are about to lose.

Bills would have wins over the Steelers, Rams, Seahawks, Raiders and Dolphins. Not sure there is a team in NFL with more quality wins. Those are 4 or even 5 playoff bound teams.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

There is nobody to be behind.  We will jump the Steelers and nobody is putting the Packers ahead of Buffalo after we beat the Steelers.  Saints are about to lose.

Bills would have wins over the Steelers, Rams, Seahawks, Raiders and Dolphins. Not sure there is a team in NFL with more quality wins. Those are 4 or even 5 playoff bound teams.

We crushed Seattle and the stupid rankings still had them ahead of us.  

The media is Lucy and the Bills are Charlie Brown.  Everything moves when it comes to Buffalo

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

We crushed Seattle and the stupid rankings still had them ahead of us.  

The media is Lucy and the Bills are Charlie Brown.  Everything moves when it comes to Buffalo

I think the Bills will be #2 heading into next week.  That was a pretty dominating win.

I think #1 Chiefs and #2 Bills will see each other in the AFC Championship and the winner is going to win the Super Bowl.  Don't see any team beating them right now. The Bills defense is playing too well (all 3 LB's are finally healthy) and when Brown gets back the offense should be a machine.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

Official. The Bills #2 in the USA Today Power Rankings. Even the media has now realized the Bills are now a legitimate threat to win the entire thing.  Go Bills.

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/gallery/nfl-power-rankings-week-15-packers-saints-bills/

1 Chiefs

2 Bills

3 Packers

4 Steelers

5 Saints

The USA Today hasn't been kind to the Bills   BUT when you beat up the top team....  what choice did they have ??? 

3 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I wonder where Prick Wright will have us in his weekly tiers ranking?

not worried about the tools of the sports media world

4 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

Official. The Bills #2 in the USA Today Power Rankings. Even the media has now realized the Bills are now a legitimate threat to win the entire thing.  Go Bills.

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/gallery/nfl-power-rankings-week-15-packers-saints-bills/

1 Chiefs

2 Bills

3 Packers

4 Steelers

5 Saints

I think I'd put the Saints ahead of the Steelers.  Assuming Brees comes back they will be better, not sure what the Steelers can do to get better other than schedule more games against NFC East and AFC South.

• Haha (+1) 1