Even Josh Allen agrees we need a dome... :P

Camisado

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

Let’s cross that bridge when we come to it

This.

Also, I look at GB with its strong-armed QB and they play outdoors and I think it is an advantage, playing at Arrowhead does not seem to impede Mahomes putting up gaudy numbers...often when warm weather dome QBs and teams play in the elements they struggle so there is some home field advantages.

The only benefit is you can trick out a dome and host other events even in bad weather, a city is also able to try to host a Superbowl if you erect a dome that is attractive enough for such an event.

Obviously, there is a lot more to this and it starts going down the road of balancing investors with public investment, logistics, and how such an endeavor fits in an overall strategy of attracting businesses, favorable taxation policies, and revitalization efforts and those belong on another board.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

This.

Also, I look at GB with its strong-armed QB and they play outdoors and I think it is an advantage, playing at Arrowhead does not seem to impede Mahomes putting up gaudy numbers...often when warm weather dome QBs and teams play in the elements they struggle so there is some home field advantages.

The only benefit is you can trick out a dome and host other events even in bad weather, a city is also able to try to host a Superbowl if you erect a dome that is attractive enough for such an event.

Obviously, there is a lot more to this and it starts going down the road of balancing investors with public investment, logistics, and how such an endeavor fits in an overall strategy of attracting businesses, favorable taxation policies, and revitalization efforts and those belong on another board.

I think we might be worrying about this a bit too much because we had some bad weather games at the same time Josh was recovering from his shoulder injury.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, WideNine said:

This.

It's not just the cold, it's the 25 mph winds swirling around the stadium from a different direction every five minutes that makes throwing the ball difficult. Lambeau and Arrowhead don't have Lake Erie 10 miles away.  Bad weather games favor the defense and mitigate a strong offense.  For years with the Bills identity being defense it played to our strength.  Now that we have an elite offense these late season cold weather games will work against us.  I don't want to play Tennessee in Buffalo when its 20 degrees outside with 20+ mph winds a month from now. 

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

It's not just the cold, it's the 25 mph winds swirling around the stadium from a different direction every five minutes that makes throwing the ball difficult.  Bad weather games favor the defense and mitigate a strong offense.  For years with the Bills identity being defense it played to our strength.  Now that we have an elite offense these late season cold weather games will work against us.  I don't want to play Tennessee in Buffalo when its 20 degrees outside with 20+ mph winds a month from now.  

I don't want us to play against Henry period.

Man - it is like watching a tank that can blow by a Lamborghini

• Like (+1) 2

I’m 100% in favor of a dome. We finally have a QB that can sling the ball anywhere he wants and put up massive numbers. I want him in ideal playing conditions. 

Not a fan of limiting our passing attack because people think playing wind and snow gives us a competitive advantage. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I don't want to play Tennessee in Buffalo when its 20 degrees outside with 20+ mph winds a month from now. 

So Bills should win the division and then make up a reason why they cannot play there and then suggest Detroit since they have played there before and found is from Detroit?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gjv001 said:

Why not put a fabric Dome over the current stadium?

A architect friend of mine who unfortunately died from brain cancer had sketches he made per request of possible redesign of the Ralph.  It had slanted dome over it with hole in center and it was designed so that snow would flow along the roof to the ground. Seats were all covered but field was not.  It reminded me of  Bundt cake. It is a very different design from Cowboys stadium despite having an eye.

9000-3-large.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

If the pegulas want a new stadium it could come quick, one of the biggest issues in building a stadium or arena is % of public money invested

Needless to say in todays landscape there will be no to very little public money available

With little public investment its all private funds and theoretically less hoops to jump through

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

It's not just the cold, it's the 25 mph winds swirling around the stadium from a different direction every five minutes that makes throwing the ball difficult. Lambeau and Arrowhead don't have Lake Erie 10 miles away.  Bad weather games favor the defense and mitigate a strong offense.  For years with the Bills identity being defense it played to our strength.  Now that we have an elite offense these late season cold weather games will work against us.  I don't want to play Tennessee in Buffalo when its 20 degrees outside with 20+ mph winds a month from now. 

Exactly, I think I’ve read we have the highest average wind speed of any NFL stadium. That doesn’t even take into account the fact the stadium is below ground level, and the winds swirl in very mysterious ways. Our stadium deals with winds that no QB could possible throw in at times. Josh has yet to play a great game in those type of conditions as well. Everyone knows he has a strong arm, but there are times that isn’t even enough. 

1 hour ago, gjv001 said:

Why not put a fabric Dome over the current stadium?

Because the area that you have to cover is massive. Notice that most domes have small footprints with multiple levels. Bills Stadium is a shallow bowl with one shallow deck. Then take account of the winds off the lake! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1