Week 14: Steelers at Bills on SNF

YoloinOhio

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah,  I just can't even.  And what is this argument that it doesn't matter that we beat the Rams and LV because they weren't playing well at the time?  How about we get a pass on losing to the Titans and the Chiefs because "we weren't playing well at the time"

The answer is we don't, and neither do they.  We won.  They lost.  We lost.  They won.  Period.

They were undefeated at the time! Granted that was by crushing the NFC least; however, only the dallas game (with Dak) was close.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah,  I just can't even.  And what is this argument that it doesn't matter that we beat the Rams and LV because they weren't playing well at the time?  How about we get a pass on losing to the Titans and the Chiefs because "we weren't playing well at the time"

The answer is we don't, and neither do they.  We won.  They lost.  We lost.  They won.  Period.

I mean how do you throw out the Rams, and LV games while ignoring that barring 1 ridiculous play this team is 10-2 right now, it's just willful ignorance at this point.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I mean how do you throw out the Rams, and LV games while ignoring that barring 1 ridiculous play this team is 10-2 right now, it's just willful ignorance at this point.

I don't care for the "one ridiculous play away from a win" argument, because then there's the "one ridiculous play away from a loss" argument people bring up about the PI call on the 2nd to last play on the drive against the Rams.  I think the plays all count, and the idea is  the ridiculous plays even themselves out over time.

But to your last...that counts both ways, they don't get to discount or diminish our W unless they want to discount or L to the same degree.

NOOOOooOOOOOO!  Not Mongo!

image.thumb.png.30a58939904495fc99653b45c33b478a.png

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't care for the "one ridiculous play away from a win" argument, because then there's the "one ridiculous play away from a loss" argument people bring up about the PI call on the 2nd to last play on the drive against the Rams.  I think the plays all count, and the idea is  the ridiculous plays even themselves out over time.

But to your last...that counts both ways, they don't get to discount or diminish our W unless they want to discount or L to the same degree.

Remember WED was a walkthrough only, no pads or shells or anything at play speed.  Mongo could do that fine.  Today they likely had a play count on him

23 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Almost exuberant and stubbornly-willful ignorance.  I think for whatever reason, as we all know, Allen was so polarizing coming out of college that people who dug in on him being trash, in some cases, refuse to break off of that mindset, and even double down on it.  

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh no :( . Hoping something small is ready to go Sunday.

Man I don't know what it is but my BBFS is really trying to climb up into my head for this game.  I can feel the scratching at the back of my neck and telling me "a lot of media coverage, everyone likes us, they think the Steelers are faltering, everyone is betting on the bills".

I'm pushing it back down the best I can but I don't know how to deal with success or being favorited this late in the season.  I need to go back to the Josh Allen Haters thread to even my ship.

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The thing is.... he’s dead wrong. The Rams were 2-0 coming into that game and then won the next 2 after us. We are the only thing between them and an undefeated first 5 weeks..... what he’s saying makes no sense. None at all. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Revel in the fact that the fewer doubters that exist right now are in the small minority.  A year ago, the small minority was made up by those that believed.  That pendulum has swung a lot in the last year.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I hope you're right.......I think our OL is in a different place with Mongo out there

I hope I am too.  Having him out and Winters in is basically telling Watt to just rush every play (though he may anyways).

3 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Revel in the fact that the fewer doubters that exist right now are in the small minority.  A year ago, the small minority was made up by those that believed.  That pendulum has swung a lot in the last year.

Hopefully that pendulum doesn't swing back for another 30 years.

• Like (+1) 1