Run the table and the #2 seed in the AFC is in play

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

It obviously means something but with no first round bye, unless you get the 1 seed, just winning your division basically makes seeds 2, 3 and 4 the same 

I would bet the players and coaches would rather be home for the 2nd playoff game instead of being on the road.

I'm sure they would want that A LOT.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

I'd root for Chiefs over Dolphins.  Division important as well.

Same here.  I want the division over with as soon as possible.

Wish the Bills were playing Dolphins next week. 

Getting the 2 seed would be just fine.  Get the Chiefs as late as possible.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MJS said:

Just have to take things one week at a time. Never know how these games will look or how things will turn out. Most didn't think Washington could beat them, but they did.

Steelers got beat up in Ravens game and then Washington game lost.

Do you think same thing would have happened if original schedule was kept?  I do not think so.

In This Covid-season and going forward, 2nd Place in Conference seedlings means very little. Only the top Conference team earns a bye. Yes, Division Champs get a Home playoff game, but after that, the seeding goes best vs least.

For this season, anyway, the late Bye has helped the overall team health to date.

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

In This Covid-season and going forward, 2nd Place in Conference seedlings means very little. Only the top Conference team earns a bye. Yes, Division Champs get a Home playoff game, but after that, the seeding goes best vs least.

For this season, anyway, the late Bye has helped the overall team health to date.

It is possible it will make a difference. If COVID causes issue in last quarter of season the NFL has option to go to 16 teams and this will be no team with bye.

This will result in different matchups as well.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

That's how I'm feeling this season.

If we don't get the #1 seed in the conference, the other spots don't really matter much.

Yes, I understand that seeding helps determine whether the team is playing at home or on the road.  But in New York, the Bills haven't had fans all season (which takes away our 12th man advantage).  And as a passing team, it may actually be better for us to play in a dome or somewhere with better weather in January.

4 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

How we lost to KC 

Three-way ties are different than 2-way ties. 2 way ties goes directly to head-to-head.

3-way does not.

7 hours ago, Jim said:

I think I might be being a bit ridiculous but...

If us, the Chiefs and the Steelers all end up knotted at 13 and 3 at the end of the season guess who gets the number 1 spot?

Yeah, you guessed it. The Buffalo Bills.

This will require me rooting for the Dolphins to beat the Chiefs. This may make my head explode.

36 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

which is the way it always was --- the seeding goes best vs least.  Best gets HFA

2 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Three-way ties are different than 2-way ties. 2 way ties goes directly to head-to-head.

3-way does not.

they will figure it out.  H-H is the first thing to worry about.  

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

which is the way it always was --- the seeding goes best vs least.  Best gets HFA

they will figure it out.  H-H is the first thing to worry about.  

Yeah, I'm not putting too much into it. 

The probability of it all happening is so little that I'm not going to worry about it. Beat Pittsburgh, hope the phish lose to the Chiefs so we can wrap up the division in Denver. We had our shot at KC.

8 hours ago, Warcodered said:

This is the kinda ***** I like to see, I'm sick of the but we might lose the AFC East to the Dolphins crap. We're in the lead at 9-3 with 4 games to go lets aim higher.

So with the Dolphins, we could lose two of the next three and go into the final game one game behind Miami.  However, if we win against Miami that final game we will still win the AFC East.  This is assuming they are going to run the table as they have to face the Chiefs, Patriots and Raiders (their easy games are over)

Our games: Steelers, Denver, New England,        Miami

Miami        :  Chiefs, Patriots, Raiders,                  Buffalo

Since the first seed and its bye is unlikely, it actually might be better to be the third or fourth seed given the passing identity of this offense. Snow and howling winds are not ideal for four-receiver sets Allen thrives in, and the favor running teams like Cleveland and Tennessee. Look at how Allen struggled at home against KC in the rain and wind. The Bills might be better off playing away games in warm conditions or a dome than at home, especially since they don't have fans in the stadium in either case. 

• Like (+1) 1