Mitch Morse Quote

40 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Link? Any further context to what was said?

It's on the Athletic site behind paywall.  The context was in an article about whom the Bills might cut next year to save money and that they didn't play him the week prior so the team may be ready to move on.  Then stated that Morse made a comment after the game about it.

Hadn't seen/heard anything prior.

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Reading an article in today's Athletic. It states:

Morse’s comments after the game made it sound as if the coaching staff sent him a message by leaving him out of the lineup in Week 10.

I don't recall hearing or reading anything,  Does anyone know what he stated?

They said "Your 96% pass block win rate, which is 4th best in the NFL for Centers isn't good enough!"

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

Look.....our O-Line is far from perfect.  And, Morse is a piece of that.  But if this coaching staff really thinks that he was a problem, and not one of the top 5 linemen on the team, I have no idea what they are looking at, especially with that big pile of trash Winters right next to him.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Look.....our O-Line is far from perfect.  And, Morse is a piece of that.  But if this coaching staff really thinks that he was a problem, and not one of the top 5 linemen on the team, I have no idea what they are looking at, especially with that big pile of trash Winters right next to him.

It's not as simple as who blocks more guys.

The Center has a lot of responsibility for making calls and adjustments for the line. If he isnt making the right reads and right calls, then that could be far worse than Winters missing a block. Heck, it could be WHY Winters has missed blocks.

If Feliciano is doing a better job reading the D and setting assignments at the line, then that's all we need to know.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Reading an article in today's Athletic. It states:

Morse’s comments after the game made it sound as if the coaching staff sent him a message by leaving him out of the lineup in Week 10.

I don't recall hearing or reading anything,  Does anyone know what he stated?

Can you link the article or give title and author?

I haven’t seen it put up as a separate video on the Bills.com website or official YouTube, but it’s in the “live” segment that goes up on facebook and twitter after the game.

I linked it in the post-game thread

I think it’s a stretch to interpret his comments as “sent him a message”. He said they were completely forthright and transparent, but it was left to the imagination of the listener what they were forthright and transparent about

• Like (+1) 1