Bills FO likely to get poached for GM candidates

YoloinOhio

20 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I think SF is in deep ***** in the upcoming years. They screwed themselves overpaying for Jimmy G. He is not a good QB. 

I do agree that Jimmy G is overrated.  He benefited by Brady's and Belichick's coattails.

• Like (+1) 1

This would not be surprising, Beane put together a very good staff, lots of talent there.  Beane has had the Pegula’s blessing from day one it would appear, and he has continued to earn it. 

Go Bills!!!

26 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Pat and Mills broke down his contract and they can get out of Jimmy G. For not a big dead cap hit next year.  Not speculating they should, just they can if that is the direction they want.

I am 50/50 on whether they should but I am pretty sure they will. I expect a new QB there next year. 

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

He is nowhere ready to be a GM. Let someone take a chance on him. I pull for the guy, I have his autographed Panthers helmet. But he has done nothing to deserve a GM job as of yet. 

What data set or proof of any kind is leading you to this conclusion?

Are you an insider or is your analysis based on the extensive media reporting about his contributions?

23 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

What data set or proof of any kind is leading you to this conclusion?

Are you an insider or is your analysis based on the extensive media reporting about his contributions?

The same as your data. Who has data to say he is gonna be a GM? It's my opinion, isn't that what this board is for??? Opinions? 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They can dump Jimmy G easily. 

Yep only $2.8 million in dead cap space if cut him next year or $1.4 million in 2022.

21 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

But what about Bilicheat wanted Jimmy the G and Krafty wanted to keep Brady which is why Jimmy the G was traded?

Belichick was looking at long term as imagine he'll coach as long as he can.

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

The same as your data. Who has data to say he is gonna be a GM? It's my opinion, isn't that what this board is for??? Opinions? 

The point is none of us have much if any information, and you are the only one posting a strong opinion so we were understandably curious where it came from. Especially since it’s contrary to any insight afforded that we generally have access to.

but then again you posted the jimmy g comment without a lick of care about the widely known and easy to find fact sooooo yea. 

Edited by NoSaint

PLEASE take whoever it was that gave Beane a visible hard-on for Cody Ford in the Bills embedded feature.

If a smart owner is hiring a GM.......it is a guy who isn't going to drop his guard after round 1 and starting looking to patch holes.

But the teams that will be looking for new personnel department include some real doozy owners.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But Beane has sucked in the draft, I read it right here

Yeah I was going to say I didn't think PFF had love for Beane's draft work.

And honestly,   other than White and Allen..........what exactly have they hit out of the park?

The Bills sorta epitomize Belichick's "you gotta' be making bad decisions all the time to be bad in the NFL".

Get a QB and don't sh*t yourself wrt personnel and coaching and you should be in contention for the playoffs more often than not.

They got that talented QB.........otherwise they are a thoroughly mixed bag of modest successes and modest failures in terms of personnel.

The schedule was very kind in 2017 and 2019 to allow them to fake it til they made it........and now they are legitimately competitive with all but maybe KC.

But in a matchup league....where playmakers are so important........the Bills personnel department has really not stood out.

I wouldn't be too excited about a Schoen/Daboll team if I were a fan of one of those full turnover situations.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Limeaid said:

But what about Bilicheat wanted Jimmy the G and Krafty wanted to keep Brady which is why Jimmy the G was traded?

Someone else in another thread mentioned they wouldn’t be surprised if they Cheats move on from Cam, they could pick up Jimmy G. If cut from SF.  It’s conceivable SF could bundle their first and second to move up and get a decent QB in the draft.