Week 13: Bills at 49ers on MNF (in Arizona)

YoloinOhio

51 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see more 3 LB packages from Leslie tomorrow. Seem like Often even when opponents go two WR the bills stay with 5 DBs. 

I agree that showing a young inexperienced QB on their side some of our looks with Base 3LB defense could pay benefits in s few areas:

1. Bigger personnel on Bills at second level to fill gaps and shut down 49ers Run game.  49ers like to do stretch plays to perimeter and Milano and Edmunds offer great options to shut this down via outstanding pursuit ability.
  2. Playing Klein in a Zo like SAM role allows him to push upfield on Strong Side and disrupt the blocking scheme and force play back inside on sweeps and outside zone runs.
  3. Milano, Edmunds and Klein can stay on field and cover RB/FB and 2TEs in the 49ers 22 sets and even their 12 sets.  
  4. DL should focus on hands up as Mullins (who is only 6'1") likes quick release, under or slant patterns.  Pass knockdowns or - better yet, tipped passes - will help limit the 49ers success on early downs.  Our LBs and Safeties should  also have some good chances at some INTs tomorrow.
  5. Klein and Milano can blitz from their SAM or WIL positions and get to Mullins on passing downs more frequently than a CB or Safety.

Here's hoping Milano is a go and Leslie Frazier and McDermott scheme up some new wrinkles!

Edited by freddyjj
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Too many variables in a team sport in this day and age to "fix" a game. 

You build up a hive mind and get enough kool aid drinkers and you dont need to have implicit directions. The system works for itself.

Im not saying its real, not in terms of true "fixed" games, but I do feel there are collective "nudges". Sometimes Im not sure about the ebbs and flows there. You could argue the Bills could get special treatment in this game because we've actually produced big numbers in prime time, and have a game next week that could be the singular game of the year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, freddyjj said:

I agree that showing a young inexperienced QB on their side some of our looks with Base 3LB defense could pay benefits in s few areas:

1. Bigger personnel on Bills at second level to fill gaps and shut down 49ers Run game.  49ers like to do stretch plays to perimeter and Milano and Edmunds offer great options to shut this down via outstanding pursuit ability.
  2. Playing Klein in a Zo like SAM role allows him to push upfield on Strong Side and disrupt the blocking scheme and force play back inside on sweeps and outside zone runs.
  3. Milano, Edmunds and Klein can stay on field and cover RB/FB and 2TEs in the 49ers 22 sets and even their 12 sets.  
  4. DL should focus on hands up as Mullins (who is only 6'1") likes quick release, under or slant patterns.  Pass knockdowns or - better yet, tipped passes - will help limit the 49ers success on early downs.  Our LBs and Safeties should  also have some good chances at some INTs tomorrow.
  5. Klein and Milano can blitz from their SAM or WIL positions and get to Mullins on passing downs more frequently than a CB or Safety.

Here's hoping Milano is a go and Leslie Frazier and McDermott scheme up some new wrinkles!

great points and add lots of disguised pressure with five and it seems like a sound approach. Will be interesting to see if they attack in this way or just run the standard D and just keep it All in front of them. 

9 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Who are we rooting against the Browns or Titans?

maybe we just them to beat the hell outta each other and tie 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

CBS pregame guys seem to think 49ers will sneak into the playoffs at the 7 seed. Not sure that has any reflection of what they think of tomorrow’s game but it does show you what they think of the team as a whole. FWIW.

I really think Buffalo shows out tomorrow night

4 minutes ago, sonyab1974 said:

Why are the rest of the games going to be around 8? And why is the game with the Broncos at 4:30?  The only game at 1 is with the Dolphins on January 3rd. What is going on?

Broncos is at 4:30 because it got moved to Saturday and is the middle of the NFLN tripleheader that day. The 8:30pm games are MNF and SNF so that’s always the time 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, sonyab1974 said:

Why are the rest of the games going to be around 8? And why is the game with the Broncos at 4:30?  The only game at 1 is with the Dolphins on January 3rd. What is going on?

Cause the bills have a lot of interesting match ups.  That 430 game is on a Saturday so it’s a national broadcast too. We’re a good team (though lots of people have forgotten) but the NFL hasn’t. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Who are we rooting against the Browns or Titans?

Well, what do you want?  If we want the 3 seed, we want the Browns to win, and this stuff is going to change every week.  That means as of today, we would then most likely face either the Titans, or Dolphins.  That’s making an assumption that moves the Colts into the South leader as I don’t know as the Titans and Colts would be 8-4.  I’m assuming the Colts beat the Texans, and the Dolphins beat the Burrowless Bengals.  So with these wins the Colts, Titans, Dolphins are all 8-4, and the Browns with the 5th get the Chiefs as the second seed.

Now if you want the Titans winning, they would most likely remain at the third spot as they beat us, but don’t all of the AFC wins from the Bills and Titans.  As of today, that means we get again most likely the Browns in the first round.  Honestly it’s too early to pick who you want as there are way too many variables for the rest of the season to ever know who we get in the playoffs.  This is a good question though after week 15, as the records are narrowing down, and have a better guess what we want.  Bottom line is win the East.

This reminds me of...

I swear we get into these scenarios and my eyes go crossed.

For example as I’m not going to write all of them is Miami should beat the Bungles, but then they have the Chiefs, Pats, Raiders, and us.  That’s a few losses and could even mean the Ravens get back in the race if Miami loses at least two, maybe three more.

Confused yet?  I am.

12 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Unless I’m forgetting something here...is the Bills last win on Monday night football in 1999? That’s crazy if that’s true. I know they won that game against the Jets in Detroit on a Monday. But on a an actual MNF game? No wins this millennium? Man the Bills need to break a few of these ridiculous droughts this year. It’s more then time.

We really haven't had any Monday night games this millennium.  IIRC RW didn't want them. 

Edit: guess there were more than I thought.  

Loss to the Cowboys in 2007 25-24.

Loss to the Browns 2008 29-27. 

Loss to the Pats 2009 25-24.

Loss to the Seahawks 2016 25-31. 

Loss to the Pats 2018 25-6. 

Loss to the Texans wildcard last year.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Sad 1