Santa Clara County prohibiting contact sports until Dec 21 including Niners

YoloinOhio

44 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

And award a conditional draft pick to the New England Patriots.

image.jpeg.17365cc9df1f00b932c25738c230e6ea.jpeg

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous

Great actor, great line, great show.  Perfect mockery of Johnny.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Looks like Bills-Niners will be played elsewhere next week. Oakland?

Or Buffalo, I’m certain that Kim would happily offer such a solution... 😁👍

So there is actually more to this story.  Anyone traveling in to the county beginning Monday will be subject to a 14 day quarantine.  So if the Niners leave to play somewhere else after this weekend , they too would need to quarantine.  So Frisco needs a new home for at least the next three weeks outside of Santa Clara and Mateo counties. That’s at least my read from the CBS Sports take on it. 

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, wjag said:

So there is actually more to this story.  Anyone traveling in to the county beginning Monday will be subject to a 14 day quarantine.  So if the Niners leave to play somewhere else after this weekend , they too would need to quarantine.  So Frisco needs a new home for at least the next three weeks outside of Santa Clara and Mateo counties. That’s at least my read from the CBS Sports take on it. 

23 minutes ago, wjag said:

Absolutely.  The team will probably have to rent out a hotel and have meals brought in, all of which seems as if it elevates the risk of COVID-19 for the players and staff versus being able to stay at home.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TigerJ said:

I didn't see that one coming.  Commissioner Goodell is probably pulling his hair out over that one.  

yep.  And not knowing where the players live, they might not be able to play if they live outside the counties and go home at night.  They might have to bubble the team for the next three weeks.  Or bubble players and staff that live outside Santa Clara and Mateo counties. They have home games with Buffalo and the WTF (deliberate) teams.  Then the sticky one of @Dallas.  

Funny that it can't be in Buffalo because of 9 home games even though its a completely empty stadium.  I get it, because of the travel factor for SF, but NFL has no problem with some teams getting 25,000 fans at home and others having none.  That's not fair at all either.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Xwnyer said:

Does home field even matter without fans?

Yes. When you are playing in your own stadium you know the oddities of the field, your staff handle facilities (very important in one statement when helmet radio goes out earlier or continues depending if you are home team or visitor, you do not need to spend time traveling, you can sleep in your home without worrying about someone pulling a fire alarm and usually home locker room is better than opponent one.

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Yes. When you are playing in your own stadium you know the oddities of the field, your staff handle facilities (very important in one statement when helmet radio goes out earlier or continues depending if you are home team or visitor, you do not need to spend time traveling, you can sleep in your home without worrying about someone pulling a fire alarm and usually home locker room is better than opponent one.

I agree. Home-field Advantage still matters. But not like it did when there were fans in the stands. Maybe it was worth 3 points before and just one point now?