Santa Clara County prohibiting contact sports until Dec 21 including Niners

YoloinOhio

10 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Seattle.  It is one of the few places in the country that is not in the red

Not this year.  This is the most up to date stat I could find.  

Entering Week 10, teams have a 65-67-1 record at home

Take out the home games of the Jets, Jags and NFC East and the stats paint a different picture.

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Take out the home games of the Jets, Jags and NFC East and the stats paint a different picture.

And it would paint an equally inaccurate picture if you took out the home games of the Chiefs, Steelers and NFC West.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

And it would paint an equally inaccurate picture if you took out the home games of the Chiefs, Steelers and NFC West.

But they are good teams.  You have your math upside down. If anything, we should remove their road records.

FWIW I agree with the premise that home field is worth less in 2020 but still think it is worth a little,. The numbers are skewed by the very bad teams losing home games.  

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

But they are good teams.  You have your math upside down. If anything, we should remove their road records.

FWIW I agree with the premise that home field is worth less in 2020 but still think it is worth a little,. The numbers are skewed by the very bad teams losing home games.  

<stumbles over rabbit hole but recovers and keeps walking>

• Haha (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

We can only play the teams on the schedule, hell if we take out 20% of the completed passes this season it paints a whole different picture...what else do we have to exclude, 20% of passing TDs, and Josh’s running TDs, that would paint a whole different picture as well.  makes no sense. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

We can only play the teams on the schedule, hell if we take out 20% of the completed passes this season it paints a whole different picture...what else do we have to exclude, 20% of passing TDs, and Josh’s running TDs, that would paint a whole different picture as well.  makes no sense. 

Go Bills!!!

This was about team records not individual stats.

15 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

This was about team records not individual stats.

Saying that a team should exclude wins is just absurd,  do you exclude other teams wins against weaker teams as well? We have one of the toughest schedules in the league this season and your spraying this noise around..., did you wake up angry this morning? Or is this your usual upbeat fandom?

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Saying that a team should exclude wins is just absurd,  do you exclude other teams wins against weaker teams as well? We have one of the toughest schedules in the league this season and your spraying this noise around..., did you wake up angry this morning? Or is it closer to the truth you have come out from under your bridge early on game day morning, asking for a friend...

Go Bills!!!

What?  I pointed out that the Jets, Jags and NFC East are bad.  Because they are so bad, their records skew the overall home team W/L record.  Of course the games should count I the real standings.  I'm just saying they don't demonstrate anything about home field advantage.

9 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

What?  I pointed out that the Jets, Jags and NFC East are bad.  Because they are so bad, their records skew the overall home team W/L record.  Of course the games should count I the real standings.  I'm just saying they don't demonstrate anything about home field advantage.

So every team that plays a weaker team on their home field and wins,  that game skews their record and those games essentially don’t count, hell, half the league every season is made up of weak teams, do none of those games mean anything? Iirc we have the most wins against winning teams as of the start of the by week, why are you so glass half empty?  Cheer the hell up dude. 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

9 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

So every team that plays a weaker team on their home field and wins,  that game skews their record and those games essentially don’t count, hell, half the league every season is made up of weak teams, do none of those games mean anything? Iirc we have the most wins against winning teams as of the start of the by week, why are you so glass half empty?  Cheer the hell up dude. 

Go Bills!!!

Dude nothing I have said here has anything to do with the Bills one way or another.  I simply said that I believed that even in 2020 that there is a home field advantage, even if smaller that usual.  Somebody pointed out that the overall league home record is below .500 effectively stating there is a home field disadvantage.  I just disagree with that.....that's all.  Strip out the Jets, Jags, and NFC East home records and voila.  Home field advantage.

At no point did I make any statement about the Bills.  I am very happy with the way the Bills season has gone and think we're a very good team.  

24 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dude nothing I have said here has anything to do with the Bills one way or another.  I simply said that I believed that even in 2020 that there is a home field advantage, even if smaller that usual.  Somebody pointed out that the overall league home record is below .500 effectively stating there is a home field disadvantage.  I just disagree with that.....that's all.  Strip out the Jets, Jags, and NFC East home records and voila.  Home field advantage.

At no point did I make any statement about the Bills.  I am very happy with the way the Bills season has gone and think we're a very good team.  

If they’re bad teams (and they are), and their home W-L don’t count then neither would their road losses in another home teams win. You’d effectively be removing about 60 games at the moment from the data set....which is wild. 

To everybody's point here, you can’t just rip 60 games from the data and then say “see, I told you this is true”

To put it in Bills terms; you feel like you’re saying “If you take out Singletarys 2 carries for 40 yards, he was only 8 for 16, that’s really concerning”

But what you actually did was go back to Josh’s rookie year and say if you pull out all the bad throws/games he was really tremendous. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

If they’re bad teams (and they are), and their home W-L don’t count then neither would their road losses in another home teams win. You’d effectively be removing about 60 games at the moment from the data set....which is wild. 

To everybody's point here, you can’t just rip 60 games from the data and then say “see, I told you this is true”

To put it in Bills terms; you feel like you’re saying “If you take out Singletarys 2 carries for 40 yards, he was only 8 for 16, that’s really concerning”

But what you actually did was go back to Josh’s rookie year and say if you pull out all the bad throws/games he was really tremendous. 

I didn't saying anything at all about the Bills and this has nothing to do with Singletary or Allen.  :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: