NFL.COM's top ten WR corps(Bills high on list)

Stank_Nasty

Our boys coming in at #3. Pretty fair ranking, I would say. Some cool numbers breakdowns. Nice to see these guys all coming together like we all thought it could!.... Also if you look down through the list, we're the only team that has our list go 5 deep. So while we may ranked 3rd overall, i think it could be argued its the deepest corp in the NFL.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-s-top-10-wide-receiver-corps-seahawks-falcons-soaring

Rank

Buffalo Bills

7-2-0

2020 WR stats: 2,095 yards, 9.0 yards per target, 12:4 TD-to-INT ratio when targeted, +5.4% CROE

Stefon Diggs: 63 catches, 813 rec. yards, 3 rec. TDs (+6.5% CROE)

Cole Beasley: 44 catches, 533 rec. yards, 2 rec. TDs (+10.0% CROE)

John Brown: 23 catches, 314 rec. yards, 2 rec. TDs (-4.2% CROE)

Gabriel Davis: 19 catches, 275 rec. yards, 3 rec. TDs (+6.0% CROE)

Isaiah McKenzie: 15 catches, 138 rec. yards, 2 rec. TDs (+6.7% CROE)

In his first season in Buffalo, Stefon Diggs leads the league in receiving yards, and while he was a lucrative target on post routes in his final season in Minnesota, he's gained a good portion of his 2020 receiving total on the outside portion of the field. Diggs has seven receptions on boundary targets (targets within 2 yards of the sideline), the most among qualifying receivers (those with a minimum of 15 total receptions), and his 440 yards gained outside the numbers count as the third most among receivers. Take away the middle of the field against Diggs, but be prepared for him to make you pay on the outside.

John Brown, Gabriel Davis and Cole Beasley have helped complement Diggs in the revamped Bills receiving corps, but Josh Allen is making the most of his targets intended for Isaiah McKenzie, who thrives with his speed. McKenzie has been open on 87.5 percent of his targets, the highest rate among all receivers, proving defensive focus on Diggs will leave others open for opportunities. McKenzie is capitalizing, and the Bills are cooking through the air as a result.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 7

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's crazy that just two years ago, this might have been #32.

Aaaaahhh yes. The days of watching a useless Zay Jones help to physically put KB(even more useless) into his pre-snap position. 

Image result for puke gif

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Haha (+1) 8

As I said back in the draft day thread, the Bills got a great one with Gabriel Davis....and what a perfect situation it is for him, getting to learn behind these veteran receivers and contribute as a rookie at the same time. 

I’ve always liked what McKenzie brings to the WR group....also a perfect situation for him to show his skills.

As for Diggs, Brown, and Beasley....the dominant #1 WR, the speed burner #2 receiver, and the always open slot receiver. What more could you ask for!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

How are the buccaneers anything but no 1? If Brown is anywhere near the player he was then it's not even close really.

Because Brady is diminished.    His numbers look good because they are absolutely loaded to the gills with studs on offense but he is not talented enough any longer to take advantage of all that field stretching and big play talent they have.

Bills situation is the opposite.........Allen is elevating his WR corps with a great season to this point.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Because Brady is diminished.    His numbers look good because they are absolutely loaded to the gills with studs on offense but he is not talented enough any longer to take advantage of all that field stretching and big play talent they have.

Bills situation is the opposite.........Allen is elevating his WR corps with a great season to this point.

Huh? What does brady have to do with the WRs?

I didn't read the whole article but assumed it was based on the talent of the WRs and not results/stats.

11 minutes ago, Process said:

Huh? What does brady have to do with the WRs?

I didn't read the whole article but assumed it was based on the talent of the WRs and not results/stats.

Yes the article and ranking are based on stats.

They need him to get them the ball to put up the stats.    

14 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Just think where we'd be if they only let Duke Willams play!!!!!!

Be nice,  he’s a Buffalo Bill ya know, not everyone is Diggs, Brown and Beasley,👍

Go Bills???

Edited by Don Otreply

11 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Didn't think I'd need sarcasm font.

Got ya, my apologies, 👍