Protocal69

Ok This Dolphins talk is getting out of hand.

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They're 2-4 when the opponent gains more than 350 yards - which isn't even a particularly good outing by an offense.  Buffalo was over that on 7 games, and 2 of the ones they weren't had some poor weather conditions.  

14 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Not really.  We're probably going to be favored in five of our last six games.  At the beginning of the season, this last six game stretch looked incredibly daunting -- it's still challenging and I don't expect to actually finish 5-1, but it's not really that bad.

Edit: I mean, if you told me right now that we were going to beat Miami in week 17 -- a game that we'll be strongly favored to win -- that one win alone gives us essentially a three game lead in the division (two games plus the tiebreaker) with only five more games to play.  It's a lot more accurate to say that all we need to do to win the division at this point is just win the games we're supposed to win.  It doesn't matter what we do against the Steelers or 49ers if we take care of business against the Dolphins, Broncos, and Chargers.  

Bills could get in at 10-6 with a loss to Miami now.  That dolphins loss to Denver was enormous.  Not sure where this high football iq dude is getting this stuff from 🤣 I dont think a team that just got handled by denver should feel great about their chiefs-pats-raiders-bills closing stretch 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Not really.  We're probably going to be favored in five of our last six games.  At the beginning of the season, this last six game stretch looked incredibly daunting -- it's still challenging and I don't expect to actually finish 5-1, but it's not really that bad.

Even then aren't they 1-2 in division games? Wouldn't we have to drop NE and Miami games, plus they sweep the remaining division games (NYJ, NE, Buffalo) to even just tie us in the division leading to a conference win tie breaker, which we would only lose if we lost to 2 of 3 of Chargers, Steelers, Broncos as well? We are talking Bills going 2-4 rest of season at that point. All signs point to that not happening but time will tell. The dolphins talk is premature.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Even then aren't they 1-2 in division games? Wouldn't we have to drop NE and Miami games, plus they sweep the remaining division games (NYJ, NE, Buffalo) to even just tie us in the division leading to a conference win tie breaker, which we would only lose if we lost to 2 of 3 of Chargers, Steelers, Broncos as well? We are talking Bills going 2-4 rest of season at that point. All signs point to that not happening but time will tell. The dolphins talk is premature.

Yes, we can lose to Miami and still get the divisional tiebreaker if we beat NE or if Miami drops a game to NE or the Jets.  Basically the worst that can happen is we end the season at 4-2 in the division, which is the best that Miami can possibly do.