Week 9: Seahawks at Bills

BillsMafi$

2 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

As we all become used to the new normal with Covid. A game like this with a team that passes so much would certainly allow the home field advantage to come into play. It’s tough to come to play in OP and Bills could really use the Bills Mafia. Same in going to Seattle. Where teams like the Dolphins it doesn’t matter as they have a weak fan base. That fan element Sunday would have just added that extra excitement to this match up. Hawks will be tough and travel East well. 

sigh... yes, yes it would.  Too bad they couldn’t figure something out... but ya know.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Use clock or shootout, each offensive possession is important to get points.  How long it takes the Bills to score probably isn't as important.

What’s important is to avoid 3 and outs we will not score on every possession but we can’t give Wilson a short field to work with , 

17 minutes ago, Putin said:

What’s important is to avoid 3 and outs we will not score on every possession but we can’t give Wilson a short field to work with , 

Every first down that Josh can engineer, whether it’s via the run or pass (and hopefully a good mix of both) will get him bonus points from our defense.  Our defense should be at least marginally better than theirs, especially if they’re not still gassed from the last sequence as they take the field...

2 hours ago, Putin said:

I’m sticking to my prediction , 

Pound the ball , control the clock , and keep Wilson on the sidelines , commit them to stop the run and then make them pay of play action , 

this will be a lower scoring game then people think 

I'd disagree with this game plan.  We need to take on the Arizona model and pass heavily.  Plan to have our defense stop them a time or two more than theirs stop ours.  This is possible and we've seen it.  We just put our offense in a cacoon the last few games (injuries didn't help).  

Time to open it back up and stop trying to be balanced (this year) as it's not our O line strength.

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

I'd disagree with this game plan.  We need to take on the Arizona model and pass heavily.  Plan to have our defense stop them a time or two more than theirs stop ours.  This is possible and we've seen it.  We just put our offense in a cacoon the last few games (injuries didn't help).  

Time to open it back up and stop trying to be balanced (this year) as it's not our O line strength.

I guess will see , 
Just win baby Go Bills !!!

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The best team they’ve beaten is the Fish.

Right. I think we can agree if we had played that schedule and were 6-1 the media would be totally slamming us for not playing anyone. I’ve not heard a peep from anyone in a media position about the hawks cupcake schedule up to this point. 

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Right. I think we can agree if we had played that schedule and were 6-1 the media would be totally slamming us for not playing anyone. I’ve not heard a peep from anyone in a media position about the hawks cupcake schedule up to this point. 

I think it’s because their offense has been performing so consistently at a high level, they don’t focus on anything else. Their OC, Brian Schottenheimer, has typically run pretty boring offenses. This year has been different. 

8 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Not elevating Lee is a mistake. We are going to be stuck with this Klein mess again

Del’Shawn ran a 4.59 40. Faster than Milano’s 4.67. Now...that doesn’t mean I think he can replace Milano or is better than Lee. But, we do have options outside of Klein. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Putin said:

I guess will see , 
Just win baby Go Bills !!!

Yeah for sure just want a win, I don't care if it's because we threw 4 times.  

I just think sometimes Bills fans hold on to the past of running the ball.  We don't have dynamic backs but we're sure set up to pass.  Seattle has issues and we have the personnel to exploit them.  Let's do that.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought that Bates played very well in his few snaps at center, but I don't know how you've seen enough of Bates from your living room couch to tell: 5 snaps vs MIA, 7 vs TEN, 7 vs NE

One comment from Feliciano that I thought was interesting and might possibly bear on what the Bills go with on Sunday given he's liable to be asked to go all game: he said his pec isn't 100% yet and playing Center all game was easier for him because he had help on both sides vs. playing guard.

That is an interesting comment from Feliciano. 

As for my “couch” comment, it was meant to be self deprecating, not serious. Meant to say I really know little. Thank you, for confirming that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If you are telling me He’s going to start and play, fine. I can’t see it though. 

No, I’m not telling you that. I honestly don’t know, but they see something in Del’Shawn, and I’d give him a shot sooner than I’d roll Klein back out there. Del’Shawn appears to be an athletic LB with some speed. Let’s see what happens. Honestly, Defense isn’t likely to win the game for us tomorrow anyway. If the offense can’t hang, we’re cooked. 

5 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Ive been telling friends this all week and they still don't believe the bills have any shot at winning

Some truly believing that the bills will lose by 20

This is really a tough game to predict but the only way we lose by 20 is if we turn the ball over , i really hope that smoke is healthy enough to take the top of that defense because with him AND Diggs Seattle will have their hands full for sure , don’t be surprised to see our running backs being a big part of our passing game 

Edited by Putin
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

O, contraire! O, contraire!

Think this should be a shootout! If the Bills have any chance at winning this one then Allen will have to put 350+ yds and 3-4 TDs! A Bills victory resides solely on the shoulders of Josh Allen! Must play out of his mind tomorrow!

Is Allen playing defense and special teams as well? 

• Like (+1) 1