Week 9: Seahawks at Bills

BillsMafi$

2 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

If the Bills win this game I'll gladly eat crow from the entire forum and certainly won't have much negative to say because the Bills will probably be well on their way to a division title and good things if this is a true 'turn the corner' type of game.

and not a single person will care.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Wilson is better than Josh (hurts to admit) and Lockett + Metcalf are better than Diggs + Brown or Beasley. If the Bills win this game, it's up to the pass rush and corners + Hyde to prevent the deep ball. The open field tackling has to be much better, too.

Wilson is a top 3 or 4 QB in the league right now, Josh might get there some day but he is still in the top 10 right now. So no shame in saying Wilson a dam near 10 year vet with a ring is right now better than third year Josh.

This game will likely be a shootout but hoping the defense can get things going just enough to get some big plays needed. 

7 minutes ago, teef said:

and not a single person will care.

I kinda enjoy watching someone else eat crow.

I'm just saying...

...Especially If it includes chopping the head off the slithering SeaSnakes...

Edited by Figster

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not even his mom?

you think his family wants to deal with him?  i mean...have you ever seen anyone so in need of someone to pay attention to them?  every year with the bills going on a losing streak, the dolphins going on a run, etc.  it's not even creative at this point.

3 minutes ago, Figster said:

I kinda enjoy watching someone else eating crow.

I'm just saying...

you know who we're talking about...right?  he doesn't care.  for some reason, this is his entertainment, (being that guy on a message board, not football).

• Thank you (+1) 1

Not sure if this has been posted:

In the last four games, Allen is 18-for-46 for 293 yards, one touchdown and four interceptions on passes that travel at least 10 yards in the air. That’s good for a passer rating of 32.2, worst in the league on those passes in that time frame. Expand that to passes 15 yards or more in the air, and Allen’s passer rating is second worst, ahead of only Sam Darnold in the last four games. It’s not as if the Bills aren’t giving him chances. Only four quarterbacks have thrown the ball 10 or more yards downfield more than Allen has in the last four weeks. He also had his top four receivers healthy on Sunday. His downfield passing game has disappeared, and if Allen can’t get it back, this offense will hover around the league average. Allen was one of the best downfield passers in football through the first month of the season. Defenses have adjusted to take it away, but Allen needs to find an answer.

Edit: adding source:

https://theathletic.co.uk/2176712/2020/11/03/bills-patriots-passing/

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
adding source

17 minutes ago, teef said:

you think his family wants to deal with him?  i mean...have you ever seen anyone so in need of someone to pay attention to them?  every year with the bills going on a losing streak, the dolphins going on a run, etc.  it's not even creative at this point.

you know who we're talking about...right?  he doesn't care.  for some reason, this is his entertainment, (being that guy on a message board, not football).

I try to stick with the discussion at hand vs someones past history.

I don't know who this is, ( I Q ) but I do know Buffalo needs to take its play to the next level.

Its something I believe they are fully capable of doing.

Edited by Figster

17 minutes ago, teef said:

Maybe that's what makes him a unique, never before seen Artist.  Purposely not being creative.  It might start a new trend.

It's George Constanza wearing sweatpants to the diner.

31 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

If the Bills win this game I'll gladly eat crow from the entire forum and certainly won't have much negative to say because the Bills will probably be well on their way to a division title and good things if this is a true 'turn the corner' type of game.

Crow is such a ***** thing to say.... man if internet crow ***** mattered. 

2 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

I've seen similar data online and it's truly baffling how Allen has had such a major regression after the first four weeks.

I still think it's a combination of poor coaching and gameplaning being exposed (Daboll/McD) and teams figuring out that Allen can't read defenses and is only looking one players (diggs) way on most snaps.

Also on what few deep throws we've seen the last 4 weeks they have been wildly off target shades of Allen's deep ball issues the last four weeks. This is why I maintain this team has serious issues beyond coaching and all the holes on defense. QB is quietly becoming a major offseason need which means this team will be right back to ground zero again if that's the case.

I am just wondering what kind of sad life one leads that forces them to come onto anonymous football team message boards to talk this kinda crap lol. Like, how pathetic do you have to be to get your jollies from doing this? lol

I just feel bad for this guy. I know life can get really stale in moms basement, but like....try video games? 

Edited by PaattMaann

14 minutes ago, Figster said:

I try to stick with the discussion at hand vs someones past history.

I don't know who this is, ( I Q ) but I do know Buffalo needs to take its play to the next level.

Its something I believe they are fully capable of doing.

You’re a good man fig. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

I've seen similar data online and it's truly baffling how Allen has had such a major regression after the first four weeks.

I still think it's a combination of poor coaching and gameplaning being exposed (Daboll/McD) and teams figuring out that Allen can't read defenses and is only looking one players (diggs) way on most snaps.

Also on what few deep throws we've seen the last 4 weeks they have been wildly off target shades of Allen's deep ball issues the last four weeks. This is why I maintain this team has serious issues beyond coaching and all the holes on defense. QB is quietly becoming a major offseason need which means this team will be right back to ground zero again if that's the case.

A major regression? You have to watch more than the stat sheet. It’s quite easily explained: teams are taking away the big play, and Allen’s supporting cast hasn’t been good enough to turn the short passing game and run game into points.

How is that baffling in any way?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

A major regression? You have to watch more than the stat sheet. It’s quite easily explained: teams are taking away the big play, and Allen’s supporting cast hasn’t been good enough to turn the short passing game and run game into points.

How is that baffling in any way?

And bad weather games. AND they played two of the best teams in the league.

• Like (+1) 2

In other news...

Weather for Sunday is shaping up nicely. 

Current forecast: Mostly Sunny, High 67, winds only 5mph.

Looking forward to seeing the 6th ranked offense against the 31st ranked defense without any weather concerns...

1 hour ago, High Football IQ said:

Actually I am a manager of multiple people in my line of work.

I treat my team fairly but I believe in 'social accountability' vs closed door management. It makes the individual understand what they need to improve and puts positive pressure to correct shortcomings and fellow team members also understand what's expected of them so they don't make the same mistakes.

Regardless I understand why some folks think this would be a negative but if you look at this head coaches record against teams that made the playoffs each year (3-15 entering 2020) it's fair to say he's not very good against the NFL top tier teams despite his overall body of work and W/L record.

Running a call of duty squad from your moms basement doesn't count as work or managing people. 

• Haha (+1) 8