Postgame Thread Bills vs. Patriots

Chandler#81

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

That was flat out embarrassing. 

I rewatched the game.  That was a terrific hard hitting energetic game  The Bills D played with urgency that last drive and finally made a big play.  

proud to be a fan of this team. Hardly embarrassing

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

I think they’re realists and can see what’s actually going on. A W against a depleted team at home like this is not good. The last 2 weeks were like getting a D+ on an open book quiz

Yes it is. We don’t ever apologize for victory. Good teams find ways to win games when it’s not going your way. If New England is a depleted team, what are we? We are as banged up now as we have been in a long time. Two starters in the secondary missing. Two top linebackers who probably shouldn’t even be playing. Lost our center on the first play and still ran over the Patriots. I’ll take the gutty win every day of the week. We are 6-2 and in first place. Enjoy the Ride.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HOF Wingman said:

Yes it is. We don’t ever apologize for victory. Good teams find ways to win games when it’s not going your way. If New England is a depleted team, what are we? We are as banged up now as we have been in a long time. Two starters in the secondary missing. Two top linebackers who probably shouldn’t even be playing. Lost our center on the first play and still ran over the Patriots. I’ll take the gutty win every day of the week. We are 6-2 and in first place. Enjoy the Ride.

Do not compare what NE has lost to what we lost this year. It was literally their heart and half the team, it’s best players at that. You may only see the W, but I see a game we lost until zimmer saved us. Allen looks terrible so does the D against TERRIBLE teams. This level of play against even a good team will get us obliterated 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Do not compare what NE has lost to what we lost this year. It was literally their heart and half the team, it’s best players at that. You may only see the W, but I see a game we lost until zimmer saved us. Allen looks terrible so does the D against TERRIBLE teams. This level of play against even a good team will get us obliterated 

So we lost a game never being down on the scoreboard...interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Concussion.  Since he has a history and basically took a month to come back from the last one, could be bad.  Good News is how seamlessly Feliciano took over at center, having Zero practice snaps with Josh this week.  I love me some Mongo!

Feliciano is definitely my "new favorite" bills player and he had a hell of a game today I thought. Especially when he threw zack moss over the goal line LOL.

Still hoping morses situation was mild because then our oline will be in real good shape.

I think Belichick out coached himself today with that onside fiasco but usually mcdermott is on the short end of the stick so we'll take it!

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

You’re just hearing what you want but ok. We lost the game until zimmer saved us. And we’re getting worse and worse each week 

Except we didn’t. It woulda been 3rd and about 3 with a chance to hold them to a fg. 

it’s funny to me that you are accusing somebody else of hearing only what they want but then say foolish things like “we lost the game”. That’s dumb. Don’t do it. 

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Except we didn’t. It woulda been 3rd and about 3 with a chance to hold them to a fg. 

it’s funny to me that you are accusing somebody else of hearing only what they want but then say foolish things like “we lost the game”. That’s dumb. Don’t do it. 

How many times have you seen that before, NE marching down field end of the game. One can be happy with our record on paper and still see the glaring flaws a team has without being dumb. Think bigger my dude 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

How many times have you seen that before, NE marching down field end of the game. One can be happy with our record on paper and still see the glaring flaws a team has without being dumb. Think bigger my dude 

What the heck to previous games have to do with this one? I’m 100% aware this is a flawed squad with ample things to improve. I’m also aware saying we had the game lost is sorta dumb. That’s simply not the case. 

Plenty of GOOD teams win games and could have lost if not for a huge play down the stretch. It’s silly to say we had that game lost. That’s not the case. If he simply goes down we are in 3rd and 3 playing to hold to an FG. 

I honestly don’t think I’m the one that needs to work on my thinking here. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, BillzFreak said:

We could of won by 50 and yet it still wouldn't make a difference to the negative people on here. I get we have issues that need to be fixed but we just beat a team with arguably the greatest head coach of all time and it does feel good. I swear some of these people are only happy if they can complain, it's really sad to be a fan of football if you cant ever enjoy a win.

I hear you. As a fan, I welcome the win as well as the constructive criticism. I can never understand why fans have such a difficult time accepting both. The win feels great and the criticism doesn't take away its sweetness. Imho, the criticism is warranted and welcomed. The end result we want is a super bowl ring. It's not a squeaked out win that continues to illustrate our vulnerabilities. We are 6-2 with much work ahead, glaring defensive holes, and a sputtering inconsistent offense. We won despite it which says a lot about the character of the team. Why isn't ok to criticize and compliment?

4 hours ago, BillsMafia13 said:

If you seen this over and over again where NE marches down the field to end the game, shouldn’t you be happy someone stepped up and made a play? 

What’s the difference between a  D making a play to close the game and an O scoring on a game winning drive? 

Just confused man.  A win is a win. In the early 2000s the Patriots won a lot of close not so pretty football games. They didn’t always look the part but they managed to find ways to win.