Would You Eat Lab-Grown Meat? Soylent Green on the Horizon?

Nextmanup

8 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm fairly certain a lot of the stuff on the supermarket shelves are already lab grown or at least 10 times removed from being natural, so I probably already have.

There's a huge difference between genetically modified food (common) and growing meat in a petri dish (so to speak).

This is new.

23 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No different than a lab grown "Impossible Burger."  Suuuuure, it's  "plant based."

😆

The beyond burgers are good and not the same approach as the impossible burgers. I still eat meat but I enjoy the beyond burgers on the grill. 

They have come a looooooong way on veggie burgers in the last 5 years. They were borderline inedible then. Now with just the normal condiments, the texture matches and taste approximates the real thing. 

My 70 year old meat eating father in law has been eating with us every night since March and we eat beyond meat and gardein products at least once a week in tacos, chili, stew, sloppy joes, buffalo fingers, spaghetti sauce...he's never noticed the difference and in those contexts, you'd really only notice side by side. We also eat normal meat sometimes. And sometimes we just eat veg (mostly Indian). 

Edited by shoshin

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.