Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I would hope Josh runs the ball like crazy, delivering his biggest game of the year rushing.

He's by far our best rushing threat and running is by far what he does best.  

I also hope he somehow finds a way to *hold onto* the football.

By far what he does best?  Maybe the first half of his first season, but his running success is mostly a factor of wide open lanes to run through.  He’s no Kyler Murray. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Justin C said:

I could see the Patriots pulling out the Navy triple option all game Sunday With no WRs, windy conditions and Cam's arm shot, I could see them pulling out something like that and running the ball 40+ times.

Given the way Cam has been throwing, their depleted WR corps and windy forecast, I'd agree w/ this or something like it.  With BB, it will probably be something we haven't seen before.

5 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

https://www.radio.com/wgr550/sports/bills/patriots-devin-mccourty-doesnt-think-theyre-still-team-to-beat-in-afc-east

I think we're going to get the Patriots best shot of the season Sunday.  Just reading what Devin McCourty said about how he doesn't think the Patriots are currently the team to beat, that their backs are against the wall, etc.  I don't think I've ever seen a team that is better coached on creating motivation.  I recall when the Patriots were in the midst of their undefeated season, some players kept saying how they weren't being respected (which was utter hogwash).  

Now I do know that this Patriots team is very short handed and has not been playing well, along with the fact that the Bills ARE the more talented team, but I think considering the desperation the Patriots seem to have right now, this game might be another nail biter.

5 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

To me it has a similar feel to last years eagles and browns games. Teams that were expected to do well. Their hardships came to a head the week before they played us and they got absolutely blasted in the media leading up to our game all week. Came out and played with a purpose. Add Bill Bellicheck into the mix...... and ya, i'm flustered. LOL.

It's the Patriots.

I never will expect to win those games for a few years and multiple wins.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have never before seen someone use the word "wuthering" in a sentence

I read Wuthering Heights in school.  That was the last time I saw it.  It’s an adjective.  “Blowing strongly with a roaring sound.”  Could be used to describe many things that I’ll leave to my fellow TBDers.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I would hope Josh runs the ball like crazy, delivering his biggest game of the year rushing.

He's by far our best rushing threat and running is by far what he does best.  

I also hope he somehow finds a way to *hold onto* the football.

Try to keep up.  You're out of date.  All the typical QB stats this season say so.

Also those two bolded statements contradict, no?

Look I get it's likely to be windy on November 1 in Orchard Park NY. But IMO people are trusting the weather forecast way to much.  It's Thursday so why would anyone believe what the weather clowns are predicting for Sunday?

50 mph gusts - maybe and then again probably not.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's the Patriots.

I never won't expect to win those games for a few years and multiple wins.

Yeah, I guess that is probably the right approach.  Once we get a few under our belt, it'll be easier to expect to compete/win these games.