Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
prissythecat

Cam Newton, he's good

Recommended Posts

Pretty sure Cam's issues right now have a lot to do with health.

Not saying he's great or anything, but Belichick has shown he can win within his system with less talented QB's like Matt Cassel, so why would Cam be any different?

Plus, COVID affects everyone differently. Some people have lingering effects for months afterwards, some have no issues. I dunno, even though I don't think Cam is great, I Belichick can get more out of him than what we've seen recently.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

Did cam newton bully you or something???  Five years of making cam newton threads is really really odd behavior lol

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I wonder where those Andrew Luck excuse threads went. 

 

 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm could it be teams watch tape for a few weeks and catch on to what a Qb is doing and does things to stop what he was doing well? The Patriots don't have significant skill on that offense what they do is system based and right now there finding out Cam isn't a good fit for that system. Belichick is a great coach but to think he can get every player on his team to be great isn't reality. Sometimes things just don't work out, it's football and that's how it goes.

Edited by BillzFreak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Pretty sure Cam's issues right now have a lot to do with health.

Not saying he's great or anything, but Belichick has shown he can win within his system with less talented QB's like Matt Cassel, so why would Cam be any different?

Plus, COVID affects everyone differently. Some people have lingering effects for months afterwards, some have no issues. I dunno, even though I don't think Cam is great, I Belichick can get more out of him than what we've seen recently.

Cam is better than any QB Belichick has started outside of Brady... but he doesn't play the game in a way that fits their system. It was a weird fit. His mechanics take a lot for things to go right... he's not very accurate... their system depends on it.

 

With that being said... I'm fairly positive he will start next week and be used as a RB that can throw...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might get flack for this but he’s as bad as Culpepper was in Miami. I mean he looks absolutely done. No way Belicheat resigns him in the off-season. 

42 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The first couple of weeks looked real strong, makes me wonder if the shoulder got re-injured.  Or he is completely shot.

I think he’s completely shot, all those shoulder surgeries are coming back to bite him. He literally has no zip on any of his throws. We all saw what happened to Pennington after he had multiple shoulder surgeries on his throwing arm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Cam is better than any QB Belichick has started outside of Brady... but he doesn't play the game in a way that fits their system. It was a weird fit. His mechanics take a lot for things to go right... he's not very accurate... their system depends on it.

 

With that being said... I'm fairly positive he will start next week and be used as a RB that can throw...

 

 

Fair enough, though people say the same things about Allen (though Cam's historically more accurate & rushes for more yards), so you'd think Belichick would be able to work with that. I feel like if you throw Allen on the Patriots, Belichick could work wonders with him. Maybe Cam's just the old dog too old to learn new tricks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

 

Fair enough, though people say the same things about Allen (though Cam's historically more accurate & rushes for more yards), so you'd think Belichick would be able to work with that. I feel like if you throw Allen on the Patriots, Belichick could work wonders with him. Maybe Cam's just the old dog too old to learn new tricks.

In terms of completion percentage Cam sits around 59% for his career... which is right around where Josh is at with 58%. Cam Y/G rushing is 39 for his career... Josh's Y/G rushing is 38. I guess Cam has a longer track record... but the main difference between the two is what the media tells you. 

 

Allen is inaccurate because of his footwork... not necessarily arm action. Josh's release is quick... so he can get the ball out quick if he needs to. It doesn't take a lot for him to be accurate... his feet just have to be somewhat set... he has kid of a hop motion to keep everything balanced. It's something he worked on for this year, he's more of a rotational passer. 

 

Newton has a pretty bad hitch in his throwing motion... which takes him a little longer to get the ball out. Couple that with his footwork which is inconsistent from time to time and you have a guy that really can't succeed in Belichick's style offense... or at least the offense they've run for 20 years. 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Belichick was the evil genius we all ascribe to him, he would lose both games to the Jets and pick Lawrence.  Need to write this year off.  Hopefully.  If he starts Stidham or Hoyer in Buffalo, we will know. Beating the Patriots in Buffalo just might jump start the Patriots tank.  

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TBBills said:

Now that is some creepy stuff right there....

 

Yes so be very careful with the content you create as you may need to eat several helpings of crow...even years later ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

They don't really have a better option though.

 

Just part of the 4-D chess game Belichick is playing. Us mere mortals can't comprehend his genius.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW I loved it when his first target all day to the midget was an Int :)

 

I watched the whole game as it was great to see them get hammered at home by a wounded 49ers team.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Might get flack for this but he’s as bad as Culpepper was in Miami. I mean he looks absolutely done. No way Belicheat resigns him in the off-season. 

 

 

A 3rd round comp pick will soothe Bill.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Richard Noggin said:

 

That's a dumb comment. 

It was supposed to be funny...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gene1973 said:

It was supposed to be funny...

 

Well that's the problem. It wasn't. Which then treads onto dangerously thin ice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Richard Noggin said:

 

Well that's the problem. It wasn't. Which then treads onto dangerously thin ice.

How so? Don't follow...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...