Gameday Thread Week 7 PreGame Bills @ Jets

Chandler#81

Ahhh, Sunday. The flag is up. The coffee is brewed. The chili is in the works. 

Two long weeks have passed in which we’ve not only endured losses to good teams, but oddly timed prime time CoVID slots. 

Cheers to returning with a W to the 1:00 Sunday game where we belong!!!

Go Bills!

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, delirious said:

I have a feeling this is going to be an ugly game. I'm hoping I'm wrong. 

You know me, Mr. Positive. But I have a bad feeling as well. You've got Darnold back and the Bills defense in shambles. You also have Allen with two (not bad but) shaky performances in a row. I also hate games where we expect to win. We are going to have to grind out a win.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Wanted to make a lighter breakfast this morning, so I gave this new pancake recipe a whirl and it came out great:

1.5 cups nonfat cottage cheese 

1.5 cups plain oats

1 tsp cinnamon 

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp vanilla 

pinch salt 

5 eggs

1 overripe banana

Whiz it all up in a blender and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cook on a nonstick griddle. Makes 15 pancakes.

Bonus: I made a blueberry syrup to go with it. 1 cup blueberries (I used frozen), 4 T sugar, 4 T water, 1 T OJ, 1/4 tsp cinnamon. Bring to boil over medium heat. Make a slurry of 3/4 tbsp each corn starch and water, and add to syrup. Cool until knapped (~3 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 tsp vanilla and some citrus zest.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Ahhh, Sunday. The flag is up. The coffee is brewed. The chili is in the works. 

Two long weeks have passed in which we’ve not only endured losses to good teams, but oddly timed prime time CoVID slots. 

Cheers to returning with a W to the 1:00 Sunday game where we belong!!!

Go Bills!

Love being back in the normal routine

• Like (+1) 3

Breakfast tailgate sliders: 

12 slider rolls

12 slices smoked deli ham

8 eggs, 2 tbs half and half, salt + pep ->scramble 

shredded cheddar  

4 oz cream cheese, 4 Tbs Dijon mustard, 1 Tbs garlic powder 
2 tbs butter

Trader Joe’s “Everything but the bagel” seasoning 

line up slider rolls in 13x9 baking dish. Evenly distribute ham, scrambled eggs, and cheese among bottoms of rolls. Combine cream cheese, Dijon and garlic powder and spread on tops of rolls, cover sandwiches. Melt butter and brush over rolls. Sprinkle with seasoning. Bake at 350 for 15 min uncovered 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Breakfast tailgate sliders: 

12 slider rolls

12 slices smoked deli ham

8 eggs, 2 tbs half and half, salt + pep ->scramble 

shredded cheddar  

4 oz cream cheese, 4 Tbs Dijon mustard, 1 Tbs garlic powder 
2 tbs butter

Trader Joe’s “Everything but the bagel” seasoning 

line up slider rolls in 13x9 baking dish. Evenly distribute ham, scrambled eggs, and cheese among bottoms of rolls. Combine cream cheese, Dijon and garlic powder and spread on tops of rolls, cover sandwiches. Melt butter and brush over rolls. Sprinkle with seasoning. Bake at 350 for 15 min uncovered 

Nice. I’d probably do prosciutto instead of smoked and crisp it up first, but the real gem there is the cream cheese—it’s my secret weapon in the kitchen. Makes everything better.

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Nice. I’d probably do prosciutto instead of smoked and crisp it up first, but the real gem there is the cream cheese—it’s my secret weapon in the kitchen. Makes everything better.

The first time I had cream cheese on a breakfast sandwich was at Spot Coffee. I think it is called the “Mike” sandwich. Game changer. Don’t need a lot, but adds a great flavor.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

The first time I had cream cheese on a breakfast sandwich was at Spot Coffee. I think it is called the “Mike” sandwich. Game changer. Don’t need a lot, but adds a great flavor.

Oh man the Mike is a staple. Mike and a red eye—you require nothing else in this world 😂

36 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You know me, Mr. Positive. But I have a bad feeling as well. You've got Darnold back and the Bills defense in shambles. You also have Allen with two (not bad but) shaky performances in a row. I also hate games where we expect to win. We are going to have to grind out a win.

Yepp, with all the injuries the Bills have and they can't make any game easy.

I just have 0 confidence in this defense. 

• Haha (+1) 1

We have to establish some sort of run game today. Try to open up some play action. Daboll Needs to call one hell of a game. Hopefully one more week can get Smoke healthy but him not being 100 percent has definatley hurt. 

We need Josh week 1-4 back. I want to see him get back to throwing some finesse touch passes. I feel the last two weeks it’s been more just rocket everything again, mechanics not looking as good. He hasn’t looked comfortable. 

I don’t know what to expect with our D hopefully maybe some new wrinkles put in but the Jets are not a good team. Mcd can not let us have a letdown to this team despite the injuries. Find a way!go bills!

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Love being back in the normal routine

I used to want primetime games. Somewhere along the way, the 1pm start and routine that develops superseded the big lights.

I used to care what national audience thought of us too.

9 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

We have to establish some sort of run game today. Try to open up some play action. Daboll Needs to call one hell of a game. Hopefully one more week can get Smoke healthy but him not being 100 percent has definatley hurt. 

We need Josh week 1-4 back. I want to see him get back to throwing some finesse touch passes. I feel the last two weeks it’s been more just rocket everything again, mechanics not looking as good. He hasn’t looked comfortable. 

I don’t know what to expect with our D hopefully maybe some new wrinkles put in but the Jets are not a good team. Mcd can not let us have a letdown to this team despite the injuries. Find a way!go bills!

I have a feeling this won’t be the week the Bills really focus on establishing the run. Their game plan vs this defense is to spread them out and throw the ball because while the jets have shown some ability against the run, they struggle to field the personnel to cover 4 WRs. Also because Gregg is so aggressive on D, the QB run 

• Like (+1) 1