Halloween Plans 2020

Halloween Land

5 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Handing out full size candy bars to any kids brave enough to ignore a pandemic and come to my door for candy.  🎃

Ditto.  Except the wife always gets the snack sized bars.  Pretty sure she does that to keep me from scarfing it all myself.  She knows I have no self control.  😜

• Like (+1) 1

I live on a dark, semi-rural road with no sidewalks. And in our 40’s we are somehow the youngest people in our immediate neighborhood. There are literally no children around to trick-or-treat. We don’t have kids either.

I mean we’re gonna buy candy anyways. And eat it ourselves.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Ditto.  Except the wife always gets the snack sized bars.  Pretty sure she does that to keep me from scarfing it all myself.  She knows I have no self control.  😜

Yeah, my wife always gets the little ones too. She said it is so she doesn't eat em all, but I am sure it is really me.  That being said, I am making the executive decision this year and buying them myself.  I also hand out beer and cocktails to any needy parents walking around with their kids.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Grandson is dressing as the grim reaper.

Our neighborhood has 100 houses so it is a gold mine for

out of area kids to be dropped off and pillage the 

streets for the 2 hours  that are scheduled.

Many communities around have canceled so Mrs. Lew and I 

estimate we will have 300.

6 hours ago, Halloween Land said:

What's everyone's Halloween plans this year?

Halloween is on a Saturday this year which is cool for parties but with Covid it changes things. 

Will you have your kids trick-or-trick? Will you still be handing out candy? 

My son is 17, so that's a non-issue.

I've decided that I'm not giving out candy.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

My wife makes me take it all to the park the next day and give it away to the tennis crowd so SHE doesn’t eat it all. 

I’m not so sure I want a steady stream of strangers coming to the house this year. It just does not seem wise for anybody, us or them. We went to an outdoor place with friends for Mexican food last night. The wife had a single margarita with her meal (she’s very much a self described light weight). During the night she developed a nasty headache, then started getting very achy. Could have been what she ingested with the headache, but no explanation for the 101 degree fever that popped up. She went out around 6:00 am to get tested, still pending. We’re not at all freaked about it, but I think the kiddos can skip a Halloween and all that crap they shouldn’t eat anyway given the circumstances. Call me a party pooper, I can live with that. 

Probably leave a bucket of the good stuff on the front porch and count on them being supervised and responsible. Last time we did that they even stole the bucket! 

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

My son is 17, so that's a non-issue.

I've decided that I'm not giving out candy.

I hate it when the kids who are WAY TOO OLD show up expecting something for nothing. They don’t even bother with costumes most of the time. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

My wife makes me take it all to the park the next day and give it away to the tennis crowd so SHE doesn’t eat it all. 

I’m not so sure I want a steady stream of strangers coming to the house this year. It just does not seem wise for anybody, us or them. We went to an outdoor place with friends for Mexican food last night. The wife had a single margarita with her meal (she’s very much a self described light weight). During the night she developed a nasty headache, then started getting very achy. Could have been what she ingested with the headache, but no explanation for the 101 degree fever that popped up. She went out around 6:00 am to get tested, still pending. We’re not at all freaked about it, but I think the kiddos can skip a Halloween and all that crap they shouldn’t eat anyway given the circumstances. Call me a party pooper, I can live with that. 

Probably leave a bucket of the good stuff on the front porch and count on them being supervised and responsible. Last time we did that they even stole the bucket! 

Hope she's alright.

It really sucks but I think our porch light won't be on this year it's just a very bad idea during a pandemic.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.