Jump to content

Dolphins name Tua Tagovailoa starting QB going forward


Recommended Posts

I think this is a terrible decision by the Dolphins, but in turn a great decision for us.  There's absolutely no reason to put this kid in the starting lineup.  Even if he's 100% recovered fro his surgery, there's no harm in letting him watch this first season to develop.  The offense is going to take a step back with Tua.  This isn't an indication of how I think he will overall be as a pro, just replacing a solid starting (albeit streaky) qb for a rookie who's been out of football for almost 2 years is a risk for any team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gotta feel for Fitz  . Having a solid year so far.

WTF are they doing?

Wow! That is really a surprise to me.   Fitzy was having a really good season. Why not let the kid learn while you can and put him in when Fitz inevitably cools off? This could be a real mis

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

I think this is a terrible decision by the Dolphins, but in turn a great decision for us.  There's absolutely no reason to put this kid in the starting lineup.  Even if he's 100% recovered fro his surgery, there's no harm in letting him watch this first season to develop.  The offense is going to take a step back with Tua.  This isn't an indication of how I think he will overall be as a pro, just replacing a solid starting (albeit streaky) qb for a rookie who's been out of football for almost 2 years is a risk for any team.

He played until November last year my friend. It hasn't been that long of an absence. :thumbsup:

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, these next two weeks will be very big for the Bills. They need to win the next two. Gets them to 6-2. Then Pats at best would be 3-3, but could be looking at 2-5. If Tua struggles the next two games as a rookie (regardless if becomes a good QB or not) that could put the Dolphins at 3-5. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, H2o said:

He played until November last year my friend. It hasn't been that long of an absence. :thumbsup:

 

Did he?  I thought he missed most of the previous season?  I could google, but that sounds hard

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Virgil said:

 

Did he?  I thought he missed most of the previous season?  I could google, but that sounds hard

He missed a couple of games because he had another one of those high ankle sprains and chose to have a procedure done. He didn't go down with the hip injury until November 17, 2019. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, H2o said:

He missed a couple of games because he had another one of those high ankle sprains and chose to have a procedure done. He didn't go down with the hip injury until November 17, 2019. 

 

Thanks Google!

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:


This isn’t going to play well with their veterans...and it’s potentially setting themselves up for disaster if he doesn’t play well. It won’t be long (assuming he doesn’t light it up) before fans (and some players) start calling for Fitz. You really don’t want to be in the position of having to bench the young franchise QB for a cowboy like Fitz.

 

Let him play himself out of the job.

Good point.  I think the players know they can only go so far with Fitz and it is a rebuild with lots of young talent.  They want to get better together.  I suspect they know that their best chance to win the division is next year when they add more talent with all their draft picks and Tua with 10 games of experience instead of none.  Now that is not how KC handled it so maybe it will be the wrong decision.  But I don't fault them for preparing for 2021.  It will be Bills-Dolphins rivalry for the next few years.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Wow with the bills showing they aren’t a top contender in the afc yet and the patriots struggling there is 0 reason to do this. I’m shocked. 

 

Everybody knows Fitzpatrick isn't a guy who will get you to the playoffs and they are doing it exactly for this reason because they probably played both the Bills and Pats close already in games they could have easily won if a play or two goes the other way.

 

Dolphins are very legit and will be 4-3 after this week and right in the mix for the division even with expected wins by the Bills and Pats against their opponents this week.

  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Wow with the bills showing they aren’t a top contender in the afc yet and the patriots struggling there is 0 reason to do this. I’m shocked. 

This is a big reason why I am overly shocked. If the Dolphins were 2-3 and the Bills were 6-0 maybe I can see it. But your one game back from the division with Fitz playing pretty well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, High Football IQ said:

 

Everybody knows Fitzpatrick isn't a guy who will get you to the playoffs and they are doing it exactly for this reason because they probably played both the Bills and Pats close already in games they could have easily won if a play or two goes the other way.

 

Dolphins are very legit and will be 4-3 after this week and right in the mix for the division even with expected wins by the Bills and Pats against their opponents this week.

 

Bro...they have a bye this week. Then they play the rams.

 

They're not going to be 4-3 after this week OR next.

 

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...