Bills work out CB Lafayette Pitts

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Wasn't Lafayette Pitts with us before?

On October 25, 2017, Pitts was claimed off waivers by the Buffalo Bills.

Pitts was re-signed to a one-year deal on April 16, 2018.

After another season as a core special teams player for the Bills, Pitts signed another one-year deal on February 12, 2019 to remain in Buffalo. 

He was released on August 31, 2019.

Games Off. Snaps Def. Snaps ST Snaps
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Num Pct Num Pct Num Pct
Career           0   83   447  
2 yrs BUF     26 0 0   113   419  
1 yr JAX     6 0 0   10   96  
1 yr MIA     8 0 0   0   166
2016 24 MIA   40 8 0 0 0% 0 0% 166 36%
2017 25 BUF   30 10 0 0 0% 30 3% 138 32%
    JAX   29 6 0 0 0% 10 1% 96 20%
2018 26 BUF   30 16 0 0 0% 83 8% 281 64%

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

They have to covid-test him like 5x and wait 6 days before he's allowed in the building now, correct?

47 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

White probably does not want to be exposed to Titans players based on his reservations about playing this year.

None of the team probably wants to be exposed to Titans players, but that doesn't mean they won't play or would play games with injuries to let the team down and avoid playing.

I think Tre' White is a professional and a straightforward guy, so until there's actual evidence to the contrary, I'm gonna go with he injured his back in Vegas and needs time to heal.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

OR.....could it be we promoted a CB from the practice squad and need to fill that hole?

Hole was already filled with RB Antonio Williams: he's back for the 4th time..... poor guy has been on a yo yo this year.

39 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They have to covid-test him like 5x and wait 6 days before he's allowed in the building now, correct?

None of the team probably wants to be exposed to Titans players, but that doesn't mean they won't play or would play games with injuries to let the team down and avoid playing.

I think Tre' White is a professional and a straightforward guy, so until there's actual evidence to the contrary, I'm gonna go with he injured his back in Vegas and needs time to heal.

I don’t know if he said this 4 days ago or the nflpa just tweeted it out 4 days ago, but this is his mindset:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think it’s very likely White is out for at least the titans game. So that’s both starting corners ... :cry:

Titans seem likely to be down some receivers also, so we'll see how it balances out.  I was showing my son (who is about to turn 5 and named after Kyle Williams) some Kyle Williams highlights tonight and it got me a little excited to see Tannehill get dumped next week.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

I think it’s very likely White is out for at least the titans game. So that’s both starting corners ... :cry:

I will think the same, only if he doesn't practice at all tomorrow.

I think it is very suspicious that no mention of Tre injury after Raiders, he was supposed to chat with media Monday (team would not have scheduled, unless they thought he'd be practicing),  then all the offseason back and forth covid opt out potential.  Yes, lots of conspiracy thinking and I'm not one to buy into that, but alot of irregularities heading into this matchup

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know if he said this 4 days ago or the nflpa just tweeted it out 4 days ago, but this is his mindset:

It credits Matt Parrino and NYUp in the small print.  Pretty sure it dates from an interview Parrino did when he signed his contract.  Not new.

Edit: Nope, I'm wrong.  It's a quote from an interview published September 30th.  Here's the full story:

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/09/bills-tredavious-white-on-titans-positive-covid-tests-what-raiders-are-doing-it-raised-a-lot-of-antennas.html

Asked about what happened in Tennessee and what the Raiders are doing (the Bills play both teams in the next two weeks in their stadium), White said the Bills have talked about it. “It was definitely something that guys were mentioning in the locker room, too. It raised a lot of antennas,” he said. “But I feel like if we continue to take the precautions and do all the things that we’re supposed to do and go in the places we’re supposed to go, and not being selfish with it, I think we’ll be fine.” (....)

White admitted that it is “definitely” easier said than done when it comes to following all the Covid-19 guidelines. “Having this job and not being able to do anything and enjoy yourself is definitely tough. But you got to know what’s important,” he said. “You got a lot of teammates and guys on your team that’s depending on you too. You don’t want to let your teammates down or your coaches down or anybody else down, or your teammates' family down. If you keep that in perspective, it’s bigger than one guy and it’ll be bigger than you. If you think about other people, which our teammates have been doing, everything will be OK.”

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

I think it is very suspicious that no mention of Tre injury after Raiders,

Really?  When has McCoach ever offered additional injury information after a game?  For the players the Press knows about because we saw them injured, it's usually "I haven't talked to the trainers yet, I'll have a better update for you on Wednesday".  I can't imagine McDermott freely offering an injury update on a player who was NOT known to be injured or specifically asked about.

There's a reason for that.  Every single player is bruised and banged up and hurting all over after an NFL game.  They walk like they've been beaten by experts.  That would be because for 60 minutes, they were being beaten by experts!!!!  They all need to sort out what's "normal" soreness and pain, what will be OK with a bit of treatment, and what's "Uh-oh, problem".  And sometimes injuries get worse after 24-36 hrs due to swelling.   It's not rare to see guys show up on the Wednesday injury report who weren't known to be hurt during the game.

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

he was supposed to chat with media Monday  Wednesday after practice (team would not have scheduled, unless they thought he'd be practicing), 

FIFY.  Look, if you're going to say it's "suspicious" and there are "irregularities", do a little research about what the weekly routine actually is and what the Bills typically do. 

Monday is Film Day and "Get Right Day".  Ice baths, ultrasonic treatments. Cryotherapy and hyperbaric chambers. IV drips.  Compression garmets.  Massage. Have the trainers look at stuff.  Some players lift or do a light workout, some teams may have a "walk through" of plays (not sure what the Bills do) 

Tuesday is "Players Day Off", though some players come into the building for more "Get Right" treatments or PT and to watch film on the next opponent.  Some do a light workout or lift.  Some stay home and have visits from their own personal trainers and massage therapists.  Cupping.  Compression.  Float tanks.   Coaches power-watch film and work on the next game plan.

Wednesday is when the coaches install the game plan for the next opponent and the team has their first serious practice of the week.  It's the first day NFL teams are required to provide an injury report, and McBeane is not in any hurry to provide it one bit sooner.  He talks to the press before practice and he's usually pretty sparse.  "Day to Day" and "Week to Week" is about as granular as he gets, when asked specifically. The words "We'll See" are uttered so often one is tempted to enquire if new glasses are on order.

It's not that uncommon that the first inkling we get of some injuries that weren't observed during the game is reporters tweeting: so and so is not at practice, or is off to the side on a bike, or is wearing a red jersey. 

45 minutes ago, Process said:

How have we gone all week without mcdermott being asked about what's going on with Tre? 

HA!  Isn't that a great question? 

McDermott talks to the media Wednesday am BEFORE practice, so no one knew to ask him about Tre'.  He was unusually informative about Milano and Wallace saying they're "week to week" and that Feliciano would return to practice but I'd expect to see a pink pig in a tutu fly across the podium behind him before I'd expect to hear McDermott offer unsolicited information about an injured player before he has to.

Does he talk to the media Thursday?  I don't think so.  I couldn't find anything on Buffalobills.com, or in any of the reporter's tweets about it

The Bills didn't practice on Friday so no media availability.

And of course everyone all in a dither about the Titans and whether/when we would have a game.

50 minutes ago, Process said:

How have we gone all week without mcdermott being asked about what's going on with Tre? 

Mcdermott hasn’t met with the media since Wednesday, before they knew he was a DNP. I expect him to meet with them tomorrow and he will be asked. Game injury designations come out tomorrow per Chris brown 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

Titans seem likely to be down some receivers also, so we'll see how it balances out.  I was showing my son (who is about to turn 5 and named after Kyle Williams) some Kyle Williams highlights tonight and it got me a little excited to see Tannehill get dumped next week.

Some good memories from those barren years were Tannehill running for his life from Kyle and Mario.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not necessarily... They are working out players all of the time.  Many of which don’t signed.  The Bills brought in Darron Lee this summer and he didn’t end up with a contact