Week 6: Chiefs at Bills (+5): Monday 5pm on Fox

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Titans Bills -> Week 5 Bills vs Titans Tues 7 pm thread

And oh yeah as per SOP, Ix Nay on the general Ovid-19 Cay

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Already done.  Though they may tweek it a bit after watching the Vegas-KC film.

This is why I love our current FO.  "Find a Way".

I will be curious of the results of this. Titans are a terrible test subject since there is no control and everything is a variable. But if the Bills like the way it has turned out over the course of the Titans and KC game I am curious if it becomes part of the tool bag in prepping for Jets/Pats, 49er/Steelers, etc. 

You see this in some other sports...kind of. You may take the start of practice for 15 minutes, to work on something really explosive, because it is physiologically accurate. It might make sense to open practice with a single key concept for a game in 2 weeks and start getting the body used to it. Then spend the other 85% of practice prepping the current week. 

I could see it with mobile QB's. Every day you work on a key concept to help contain your upcoming mobile QB opponent. Mahomes, Lamar, Cam, Murray, etc. All on the schedule this year. All will require something a little different, but it is still at the base of the start of every practice. Containing a mobile QB. 

Just spit balling here. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

This is going to be a score on every possession or lose type of game. We just need the defense to step up and make one big play.

I could absolutely see that happening. We have arguably the two best QB's in the league so far this year going head to head.  This has all the makings of a 38-35 thriller coming down to the last possession...and it is for that reason I'm predicting this...

I think this is the week the defense doesn't just show up, but they show up BIG...to the tune of picking off Mahomes twice, forcing 2 more fumbles, and getting three sacks.  

On ST, this is the week Roberts finally takes either a punt or a kickoff to the house.  Bass makes both of his FG attempts(and all 3 XP's).  

Offensively, Allen is able to play a nice, safe, conservative game, taking what the defense gives him(in a very Brady-esque dink and dunk fashion), with a few deep balls sprinkled in at just the right time.  Allen goes 18-24, 251 yards and 1 TD(Diggs), 1 rush TD, and no picks. Singletary gives a solid, workhorse performance finishing with 23 carries for 108 yards and 1 TD.  Diggs is again the leading receiver with 8 catches for 92 yards and a score.  Final score, Bills 27 Chiefs 13.  Buffalo goes to 6-0, first place in the division AND the conference.

You heard it here first folks, that's my prediction and I'm stickin to it!  

Let's go Buffalo!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

I will be curious of the results of this. Titans are a terrible test subject since there is no control and everything is a variable. But if the Bills like the way it has turned out over the course of the Titans and KC game I am curious if it becomes part of the tool bag in prepping for Jets/Pats, 49er/Steelers, etc. 

I think we normally have a "scout staff" that looks ahead to the next opponent and we enlarge it when we have a short week like a Thurs nite game.

But to actually put together two game plans for two opponents simultaneously inevitably means that the coaches do with less sleep and there can be less attention to detail in each plan.

I would imagine they got through it by channeling the principle "you can do something for 24 or 48 or 72 hrs that you could never keep up for a lifetime" and will gladly go back to the usual "one game at a time" procedure

What I'm hoping is that the Bills got a check-mark on the NFL's "good team" list because our coaches silently went to work and did it, and didn't make a public fuss about how unfair it was to expect and how the NFL was screwing the Bills by waffling on the schedule and forcing us to create two simultaneous game plans.

What I'm hoping even more is that it doesn't ***** us up with the Titans by looking past them to the Chiefs.

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Mod Edited Title: Bills vs Chiefs moved to Monday 10/19 5pm
2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not if you live in Hawaii.  Monday Morning Football.

I would say yours is Monday Late Afternoon Football for the east coast.  

I think anything after 3:00 pm is late afternoon.  

12:00 - 3:00 is afternoon.  3:01 - 5:00 pm is late afternoon.  5:01 - 7:00 is early evening.  7:01 - 9:00 is evening.  After 9:01 is night.

What does yours look like?

Wow - waaaaaay to much thinking there.  I'm a day nite kinda guy.  Yup daytime.  Nighttime.  A weeeee bit easier!!!  Having said that 5pm!!!  WTAF!

53 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

I could absolutely see that happening. We have arguably the two best QB's in the league so far this year going head to head.  This has all the makings of a 38-35 thriller coming down to the last possession...and it is for that reason I'm predicting this...

I think this is the week the defense doesn't just show up, but they show up BIG...to the tune of picking off Mahomes twice, forcing 2 more fumbles, and getting three sacks.  

On ST, this is the week Roberts finally takes either a punt or a kickoff to the house.  Bass makes both of his FG attempts(and all 3 XP's).  

Offensively, Allen is able to play a nice, safe, conservative game, taking what the defense gives him(in a very Brady-esque dink and dunk fashion), with a few deep balls sprinkled in at just the right time.  Allen goes 18-24, 251 yards and 1 TD(Diggs), 1 rush TD, and no picks. Singletary gives a solid, workhorse performance finishing with 23 carries for 108 yards and 1 TD.  Diggs is again the leading receiver with 8 catches for 92 yards and a score.  Final score, Bills 27 Chiefs 13.  Buffalo goes to 6-0, first place in the division AND the conference.

You heard it here first folks, that's my prediction and I'm stickin to it!  

Let's go Buffalo!! 

The detail!!!  The sheer detail!  Man if 1/2 of that works the way you say I would like to HYU for some Lotto numbers ASAP.

Go BILLS!!

• Haha (+1) 1

As the season went on I had a good feeling about the Bills being competitive in this game. At first when the Raiders beat the Chiefs, I was psyched because it means we had a better chance than we did a week or two ago. Then I sat with it and realized that good teams rarely lose twice in a row. I think the Chiefs losing this week makes the next one a bit less probable. 

...Or maybe I just need to shake of the 2000's from my memory. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

As the season went on I had a good feeling about the Bills being competitive in this game. At first when the Raiders beat the Chiefs, I was psyched because it means we had a better chance than we did a week or two ago. Then I sat with it and realized that good teams rarely lose twice in a row. I think the Chiefs losing this week makes the next one a bit less probable. 

i immediately thought the same thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i immediately thought the same thing. 

Just now, TBBills Fan said:

yeah Im guessing the Chiefs are gonna bring their A game next week

Not that I think the Bills need an injury to win, but I do think injuries change some things. We will see what happens with Osemele and Watkins. 

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think the last 2 weeks showed vulnerabilities on both the Chiefs offense and their defense.  They also lost two important offensive pieces in Osemele and Watkins.

I'm sure the loss will redouble KC's efforts to prepare and take us out, but it comes down to the football "chess game" of who is better at identifying vulnerabilities and exploiting them?

4 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

yeah Im guessing the Chiefs are gonna bring their A game next week

So what do you think we'll be bringing, our C game or something?  Do you think the Chiefs didn't bring their A game yesterday, and the previous week?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

Not that I think the Bills need an injury to win, but I do think injuries change some things. We will see what happens with Osemele and Watkins. 

And Buffalo needs to see who makes it out of the Titans game.  

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

The detail!!!  The sheer detail!  Man if 1/2 of that works the way you say I would like to HYU for some Lotto numbers ASAP.

Go BILLS!!

As I typed it, I couldn't help but think to myself damn this is a straight rainbows, lollipops and sunshine type prediction...but my heart did the typing, not my mind....but that's what popped out, so I'm sticking to it!! 🙂  

(It could very well happen though!)

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the last 2 weeks showed vulnerabilities on both the Chiefs offense and their defense.  They also lost two important offensive pieces in Osemele and Watkins.

I'm sure the loss will redouble KC's efforts to prepare and take us out, but it comes down to the football "chess game" of who is better at identifying vulnerabilities and exploiting them?

So what do you think we'll be bringing, our C game or something?  Do you think the Chiefs didn't bring their A game yesterday, and the previous week?

Actually I think we will be bringing our A game.  No the Chiefs didnt play their best ball yesterday.   However, after their first loss in a while, you tend to see people re focus and work even harder, so I expect to see a fired up Chiefs team...losing will do that to competitive people.  Not sure why you think this is hard to comprehend

• Like (+1) 1