Is COVID19 or hurricane Delta more likely to stop Sundays game?

bigK14094

10 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

Hurricane Delta scheduled to arrive in Tenn on sunday.  This game seems at risk because of this....but, they could move it to Buffalo???  Doesn't matter though, a TV studio is a TV studio......oh wait, Tenn is letting in about 8k fans I recall, so its a stadium in Tenn.  Still Covid risk also imho.  We will see.

delta won’t be a serious thing a day and a half after hitting land 

10 hours ago, whatdrought said:

My big question is this: How the heck is this Delta when we had a Laura? did someone at the NWS forget their alphabet? 

They ran out of names. Delta is code for 2nd time through the alphabet🤫

52 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The rains will wash to Covid away.  It's a good omen.

🤦‍♂️

11 hours ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

Don';t  see that big of an issue as per NFLWeather.com ....

Kickoff: 10/11/2020 01:00 PM ET
Possible Light Rain. Rain in the morning and afternoon.

Kickoff

Rain

Possible Light Rain

Temperature: 69f.

Feels Like: 70f.

Wind: 6mi North - NorthEast

Humidity: 87%

Visibility: 10mi

Barometer: 1002"

Dew Point: 65f.

Cloud Cover: 100%

Precipitation Prob: 59%

Q2

Rain

Possible Light Rain

Temperature: 69f.

Feels Like: 70f.

Wind: 6mi North - NorthEast

Humidity: 87%

Precipitation Prob: 50%

Q3

Rain

Possible Light Rain

Temperature: 70f.

Feels Like: 71f.

Wind: 6mi West - NorthWest

Humidity: 85%

Precipitation Prob: 42%

Q4

Rain

Possible Drizzle

Temperature: 71f.

Feels Like: 71f.

Wind: 5mi West

Humidity: 84%

Visibility: 10

Dew Point: 66f.

Precipitation Prob: 34%

I don’t trust any weather site that has Buffalo in red helmets. 

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm kind of going the opposite way.  I don't want the Titans anywhere near our facilities or staff! 

I trust the Bills to have a methodical operations staff who will go in there and clean the place up, make it safe for our guys while staying safe themselves.

3 hours ago, Mr. K said:

I thought about that the other day. I would imagine the Bills would send in their own crew to clean, disinfect, sanitize, and sterilize everything. Stay at a hotel and only show up for the game. Maybe get some mask for the face mask and make everyone wear a visor.

Good points here...I’m sure the Bills staff will pull out all the stops to keep the players safe!

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, whatdrought said:

My big question is this: How the heck is this Delta when we had a Laura? did someone at the NWS forget their alphabet? 

Delta is the 25th named storm of 2020 and the ninth hurricane. Forecasters have had to resort to naming storms from the Greek alphabet after running out of 21 male or female storm names in September.   Delta is the fourth storm named using the Greek alphabet (the others were Alpha, Beta and Gamma) and is now the strongest hurricane ever named after a Greek letter...

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

First Delta will slow down once it gets into the Gulf.  So the timing is dubious at this point. 

Additionally all forcasts I have seen about it down here in FL call for a Tropical Depression at most by time gets to Tenn, so nothing more than thunder storms.

Also I think the Cone is wrong anyway.  Watch his Bounce off the Yucatan and hang a right right into South FL, just like Wilma did that has the same characteristics as Delta

One thing I've learned living in the south... the safest place you can be is exactly where they say it's going to be 5 days from now. Because it NEVER stays on that track.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Special K said:

Good points here...I’m sure the Bills staff will pull out all the stops to keep the players safe!

Well with another positive test on Weds, are we starting to see this game getting pushed back?

@zkeefer
Colts have been told by the league there is a possibility the Saints and Chargers play a game at their home stadium Monday night, source said, and as
@JeffDuncan_
 reported. NFL might have to move the game due to Hurricane Delta. Nothing definite at this point.

21 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

All the weather sites I have checked say rain is done saturday evening. Even if it was raining and windy, why would they not play the football game there? Plenty of games have been played with rain and wind. 

But again, Accuweather, weather.gov (national weather service) both show nothing wrong with game day. 

Recall watching a college game played a few years back on Saturday during a hurricane at NC State.  Was kind of fun watching it.  (From the comfort of my dry house)

Agree that far inland will likely be heavy rain and maybe 20 to 30 MPH winds, kind of like a normal game day in Buffalo.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch