Reasons why I should vote for Biden.....

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Try reading:

• nominating constitutionalist Supreme Court and lower court judges
  • Stop Endless Wars and Bring Our Troops Home
  • Get Allies to Pay their Fair Share
  • Teach American Exceptionalism
  • Expand Opportunity Zones
  • Cut Taxes to Boost Take-Home Pay and Keep Jobs in America

And those are only the ones I am certain are true, some I would need to do more research to confirm. 

You are certain that things that have not happened are true?

Can't keep talking to you if you don't even realize what you say isn't true. 

Edited by TBBills

Goldman Sachs: A Democratic sweep would mean faster economic recovery

New York (CNN Business)President Donald Trump is once again warning voters that Democrats would "shut our economy and jobs down" if they win in November.

Goldman Sachs is telling its clients the exact opposite.

Just hours after Trump's all-caps Monday morning tweet predicting economic disaster, Goldman economists pointed out that polls "suggest a 'blue wave' in which Democrats gain unified control of Washington is becoming more likely" -- and they're not suggesting investors dump stocks.

In fact, "all else equal, such a blue wave would likely prompt us to upgrade our forecasts," Goldman Sachs chief economist Jan Hatzius wrote in a Monday report.

It's true that if Democrats sweep into power early next year, it would likely translate to higher taxes and regulation. Such a reversal from the Trump agenda could eat into corporate profits and the earnings for affluent families.

But Joe Biden is also promising a bonanza of government spending that, coupled with extremely low interest rates, would likely speed up the economy.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/06/business/economy-election-blue-wave-goldman-sachs/index.html

Fed chair warns of economic tragedy if America can't control the coronavirus

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/06/economy/fed-powell-coronavirus-stimulus/index.html

I was wondering why the stock market is still so high

I'm still writing in John Kasich  🙂

Edited by ALF
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

I think the best reason/argument to vote for Biden is to stop the madness.  Granted, much of this madness is the left throwing an irrational hissy fit weekly.  There needs to be a return to normalcy.  A trump being president, whether or not it is even his fault, is the X factor.  

I am not voting for either, but that’s the best Biden argument imo.  And it’s fair

This is pretty much where I'm at.  I really don't like either one of the! AT ALL.. I will vote for neither one.

This latest COVID thing makes me think he is even more incompetent than I thought.

I am also very concerned about what THE RESISTANCE will do the country at least as much what Trump would do of he actually won.  

That said I suspect things will be crazy either way.

1 hour ago, Crayola64 said:

trump’s problem though, and it’s my main problem with him (his administration’s policies are fine), is that he invites this chaos.  He intentionally trolls and instigates a substantial amount of the population.

that alone prevents me from voting for him because it’s just a failure of the executive branch to take that role.  

Thus, im not voting for either side this election  

I hate to hear that cause I always encourage people to always vote, even if it's for someone I don't personally support. Even if it's (as it most often is) the lesser of 2 evils, at least then it lends credence if you debate one way or the other. So please re-consider.

I think the best reason/argument to vote for Biden is to stop the madness.  Granted, much of this madness is the left throwing an irrational hissy fit weekly.  There needs to be a return to normalcy.  A trump being president, whether or not it is even his fault, is the X factor.  

I am not voting for either, but that’s the best Biden argument imo.  And it’s fair

I understand your point, and using the movie "The Matrix" as an example, there is comfort for some in just following the path of least resistance.  

With respect, the thought process that the left tried to steamroll the will of the right so let's just move forward with more left is one of the reasons why I've morphed into the mindset the world is 'us v them',  It's the least 'fair' reason to vote for him that I can think of.  

We've seen the evolution of treatment of Bork (wrong white guy) to Thomas (wrong black guy) to Kavanaugh (wrong across the board because he's male)  to ACB (wrong woman), and the mainstream approach of the left (Schumer--"The Intelligence ommunity will find six ways to Sunday to get you") and it's an ugly scenario.  Add to that the record unemployment figures for people of color as a reason to vote out Trump, and we get back to progressives wanting to go back to the days when they could take minorities for granted.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Do you let your 4 year old kid have the lollipop in the store when he's throwing a fit?

That's not a good reason to vote against Trump.  There's lots of reasons, but that's not one.  That's actually one (for me, at least) to vote FOR Trump.

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Crayola64 said:

that’s not my point though.  You don’t see the reason/rational in giving into a child’s tantrum?  That’s the reason to vote for Biden.

Not saying it’s a good reason.  But it’s a rational reason insofar as there’s reason in giving a crying child the toy they are pouting about. 

I respectfully disagree. If you give them the idea that behaving that way will give them what they want, you know they will not end at throwing tantrums. It would get progressively worse. Best to stop that in the beginning before it's too late.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, snafu said:

Do you let your 4 year old kid have the lollipop in the store when he's throwing a fit?

That's not a good reason to vote against Trump.  There's lots of reasons, but that's not one.  That's actually one (for me, at least) to vote FOR Trump.

The reason is gets them to stop crying.  Voting in biden gets rid of a lot of hysteria, riots, non-stop chaos by the media.  Again, i don't really agree with it but that is obviously a reason.  

8 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Trump is, you see what he has done already. You really think he is going to change in his second term?

Trump is promoting riots? You have an example of this?  There have been riots and unrest under just about every President.  Have those Presidents promoted those?  And you know that the unemployment rate is under 8% during an enforced shutdown of the economy, right?  You think Trump wants to continue having high unemployment?  You're not making sense.  There are reasons to not vote for Trump, but what you cited are none of them.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, westside2 said:

I respectfully disagree. If you give them the idea that behaving that way will give them what they want, you know they will not end at throwing tantrums. It would get progressively worse. Best to stop that in the beginning before it's too late.

I don't think i can be more clear that I don't agree with the reason.  But just pointing out a valid reason to vote for biden a lot of people will be following.  You can disagree with it and think it is actually a bad reason, like you do, but its still a reason.

I personally don't like the riots, media, and non-stop hysteria.  But I can just tune it out without much issue so I don't really care.  We are about to have 4 years of obnoxiousness either way imo.  

Edited by Crayola64

1 minute ago, Crayola64 said:

I don't think i can be more clear that I don't agree with the reason.  But just pointing out a valid reason to vote for biden a lot of people will be following.  You can disagree with it and think it is actually a bad reason, like you do, but its still a reason.

I personally don't like the riots, media, and non-stop hysteria.  But I can just tune it out without much issue so I don't really care.  

If you give in, they won't stop at riots. I agree that people will use that as an excuse. Hoping this will all end. But it won't, it will empower them even more. I believe if Biden wins, this country will be in deep trouble sooner rather than later. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, snafu said:

Trump is promoting riots? You have an example of this?  There have been riots and unrest under just about every President.  Have those Presidents promoted those?  And you know that the unemployment rate is under 8% during an enforced shutdown of the economy, right?  You think Trump wants to continue having high unemployment?  You're not making sense.  There are reasons to not vote for Trump, but what you cited are none of them.

Sure he has been banned on twitch for promoting violence, he has also had tweets removed for promoting violence. Also none of these groups existed before he became president. He has really set this country back some years with his antics.

Edited by TBBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I assure you that no one of "the left" let alone "the radical left" is trying to "scare" anyone into voting for Joe Biden. Policy wise, he's significantly right of center. If elected, he would likely be the most right leaning democratic president in 100 years or more. 

If you honestly think he's left at all, you may want to look at your internal reference for what that means.

I'm not sure your background, but for the past 20 or more years I've worked in a Brooklyn Neighborhood that's chock full of former residents of a certain East Bloc country under the communist boot.  You could learn a lot from their experiences and what they think about Communism.  I've got a Romanian friend who described to me what it was like in the early '90's when the Communists fell out, very interesting stuff.  It sure looks to me like Biden has had to embrace the far progressive left to build a coalition within the Democrat party.  Those progressives are going to want a voice in a big way, and they seem (at least to me) to see a Biden Presidency as the first in many steps toward fulfilling their agenda.  This is my opinion and I hope to be wrong.

Just now, TBBills said:

Sure he has been banned on twitch for prompting violence, he has also had tweets removed for prompting violence.

Funny to me how the only people who hear Trump "dog whistles" are Trump haters.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, snafu said:

I'm not sure your background, but for the past 20 or more years I've worked in a Brooklyn Neighborhood that's chock full of former residents of a certain East Bloc country under the communist boot.  You could learn a lot from their experiences and what they think about Communism.  I've got a Romanian friend who described to me what it was like in the early '90's when the Communists fell out, very interesting stuff.  It sure looks to me like Biden has had to embrace the far progressive left to build a coalition within the Democrat party.  Those progressives are going to want a voice in a big way, and they seem (at least to me) to see a Biden Presidency as the first in many steps toward fulfilling their agenda.  This is my opinion and I hope to be wrong.

We'll it's b.c republican people choose to ignore it. You see everytime someone posts something stupid Trump did all the Repubtards here will ignore and pretend like it was never post. Funny to watch. You also have people like Bman and Buffalo Gal who have been brainwashed by Trump and post many fake stories from twitter or Facebook. Very sad to watch those two not realize what they are doing.

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Sure he has been banned on twitch for promoting violence, he has also had tweets removed for promoting violence. Also none of these groups existed before he became president. He has really set this country back some years with his antics.

I assume you meant Twitter.  Yet Iran, who openly espouses destroying Israel, is left unchecked. 

And what groups never existed before Trump became President?

Just now, TBBills said:

We'll it's b.c republican people choose to ignore it. You see everytime someone posts something stupid Trump did all the Repubtards here will ignore and pretend like it was never post. Funny to watch. You also have people like Bman and Buffalo Gal who have been brainwashed by Trump and post many fake stories from twitter or Facebook. Very sad to watch those two not realize what they are doing.

You just agreed with me.  The only people hearing dog whistles are not Trump supporters.

And if you ignore stupid things Trump says, you won't hear the dog whistles too.

And if nobody hears dog whistles, then what?

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

You just agreed with me.  The only people hearing dog whistles are not Trump supporters.

And if you ignore stupid things Trump says, you won't hear the dog whistles too.

And if nobody hears dog whistles, then what?

Why should people ignore what a president of the United States says? If it was a democrat saying that ***** you would be on a crusade right now to stop it.

This isn't dog whistles as you are trying to make it seem, he has influence on many people and many american people will do what he says, just look at the people on PPP that support him they are absolute nutbags and hinge onto his every word.

Edited by TBBills

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

Why should people ignore what a president of the United States says? If it was a democrat saying that ***** you would be on a crusade right now to stop it.

My point was and is that people like to twist the stupid things Trump says into signals for his non-existent, fiction of the mind, storm troopers to beat his political opponents into submission. I hear what he says.  I shake my head and say, "that was stupid".  WhoTF takes his stupid quotes as a call for action?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, snafu said:

My point was and is that people like to twist the stupid things Trump says into signals for his non-existent, fiction of the mind, storm troopers to beat his political opponents into submission. I hear what he says.  I shake my head and say, "that was stupid".  WhoTF takes his stupid quotes as a call for action?

Proud Boys for one, a couple of people here for another. Many Americans that support him as an even scarier note. 

Basically if he is republican just ignore when they lie or do something bad... If they are democrat, well they need to be put down. This is good stuff keep it up.

12 minutes ago, snafu said:

What is it that you think I need to learn about "communism" that I don't already know?

Progressives absolutely do want a voice, but I think if you're actually familiar with what communism is, and you aren't just using it as a lazy slur for anything left of Reagan, that progressives by and large are miles away from anything close to communism. Most of them just want an equitable economy that reigns in corporate oligarchy a little bit and provides them with the same opportunities Americans had pre-80s.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TBBills said:

You also have people like Bman and Buffalo Gal who have been brainwashed by Trump and post many fake stories from twitter or Facebook. Very sad to watch those two not realize what they are doing.

Please link to all this fake stuff they post

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

Proud Boys for one, a couple of people here for another. Many Americans that support him as an even scarier note. 

Basically if he is republican just ignore when they lie or do something bad... If they are democrat, well they need to be put down. This is good stuff keep it up.

(1) you've got proof of your first two sentences?

(2) don't put words into my mouth or motives into my head.  I won't do that to you -- follow?

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

What is it that you think I need to learn about "communism" that I don't already know?

Progressives absolutely do want a voice, but I think if you're actually familiar with what communism is, and you aren't just using it as a lazy slur for anything left of Reagan, that progressives by and large are miles away from anything close to communism. Most of them just want an equitable economy that reigns in corporate oligarchy a little bit and provides them with the same opportunities Americans had pre-80s.

I'm not using Soviet-style Communism as a lazy slur.  I'm using it as an active slur.

You do realize that your positions are fringe, yes?

Why would the fringe of this country have control over the vast majority of people who don't agree with them?  You could go find a Vermont or Colorado commune to join your like-minded folk.  Nobody will bother or begrudge you.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, snafu said:

(1) you've got proof of your first two sentences?

(2) don't put words into my mouth or motives into my head.  I won't do that to you -- follow?

I'm not using Soviet-style Communism as a lazy slur.  I'm using it as an active slur.

You do realize that your positions are fringe, yes?

Why would the fringe of this country have control over the vast majority of people who don't agree with them?  You could go find a Vermont or Colorado commune to join your like-minded folk.  Nobody will bother or begrudge you.

Ok, so you are using it as a lazy slur if you're suggesting that I'm a communist, despite all evidence of the beliefs I've shared being distinctly to the right of communism. The fact that you consider calling someone a communist a slur at all is very telling, and shows your lack of depth of the subject.

Thanks for clearing that up.

21 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Please link to all this fake stuff they post

He cannot.        (as I am sure you are aware)

I do not post "fake stuff".

I post articles with which he disagrees, can't refute, so in order to deal with it in a cowardly manner, he dismisses it as "fake.

Over my nine years of consistently posting here, I have seen weak posters like him many times before come and go.

Pay him no mind.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, westside2 said:

If any Democrats out there can give me some reasons to vote for him, I'm all ears. Having been a Democrat my entire life, up until recently that is. I would love to return.

Some questions I would like to know.....

1. Do you consider antifa/BLM part of the Democrats? If not, who do they belong too?

Antifa-  no.  They don't belong to anybody. They're a bunch of jobless losers and I don't see any difference between them and neo Nazi groups.

BLM- unfortunately yes.  The founders are radicals but it turned into a broader movement with a lot of good meaning protesters pushing for police reform.

2. How does Biden plan to restart the economy when he plans on closing coal and oil?

Biden's only planning to ban fracking on federal land.  More coal plants closed during Trump's first term than they did in Obama's 2nd.  Trump's failed miserably in that respect.

3. Will Biden get rid of free trade with China? Will factories and pharmaceuticals return to China?

I hope not.  I want my cheap products at Wal Mart.  Trump's tariffs have cost US companies an estimated 46 billion dollars from February of 2018 to January of this year.  He's also used our tax dollars to provide welfare to our farmers hurt because of the tariffs.

4. Will Biden cancel the tax cuts that has saved thousands of dollars for the middle class?

Just for people making over 400k which is more than Obama proposed when he ran (200k for individual filers if I remember correctly).  

What exactly is his plan for health care other than Obama care and all of its flaws?

Look up "public option."

I would love to have a reason to return back to the party I grew up with. But I need to know what they actually stand for.

Thank you in advance.

Basically, if you liked how things were under Obama vote for Biden.  If not, vote for Trump.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

You are certain that things that have not happened are true?

Can't keep talking to you if you don't even realize what you say isn't true. 

I already responded to your ignorance- please respond to that or to my other question to you about Florida if you want to have a discussion. Making dumb quips is not clever or smart.

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

He cannot.        (as I am sure you are aware)

I do not post "fake stuff".

I post articles with which he disagrees, can't refute, so in order to deal with it in a cowardly manner,

he dismisses it as "fake.

Over my nine years of consistently posting here, I have seen weak posters as him many times before come and go.

Pay him no mind.

You exclusively post articles from sources that are routinely caught misrepresenting the truth from an extreme right perspective. If all you posted were things from reputable sources that are fact checked, you'd have nothing to say at all.

10 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

You exclusively post articles from sources that are routinely caught misrepresenting the truth from an extreme right perspective. If all you posted were things from reputable sources that are fact checked, you'd have nothing to say at all.

This is false.

As another "new" poster, you are not aware of what I have posted almost annually as an explanation.

I post articles of a conservative viewpoint exclusively, because the majority of you on the left, would not seek them out yourselves.

It IS informational.

Your outright lie that these sources are routinely wrong is a common dodge.

Also, I have been hit with the laughable, "IF you only posted from sources I approve of" childishness many, many times.

I ignore those replies too.

I suspect that you are one of the "I don't have to open that link, I know better" folks anyway.

PS:  I suggest that you do as I do and go by the actual author of an article and their credentials, not what website reposted it..........you will almost certainly learn more.

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

This is false.

As another "new" poster, you are not aware of what I have posted almost annually as an explanation.

I post articles of a conservative viewpoint exclusively, because the majority of you on the left, would not seek them out yourselves.

It IS informational.

Your outright lie that these sources are routinely wrong is a common dodge.

Also, I have been hit with the laughable, "IF you only posted from sources I approve of" childishness many, many times.

I ignore those replies too.

I suspect that you are one of the "I don't have to open that link, I know better" folks anyway.

PS:  I suggest that you do as I do and go by the actual author of an article and their credentials, not what website reposted it..........you will almost certainly learn more.

I've been here for years.

You routinely post articles from PJ Media: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/pj-media/

When you're feeling fancy, you'll post them from the Federalist - better, but not by much.: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-federalist/

Edited by BullBuchanan

27 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Ok, so you are using it as a lazy slur if you're suggesting that I'm a communist, despite all evidence of the beliefs I've shared being distinctly to the right of communism. The fact that you consider calling someone a communist a slur at all is very telling, and shows your lack of depth of the subject.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Apologies, I took you for a Communist. So if you're not a Communist, you won't take it personally.  You may not be, but once that slide to the far left starts there will be people (perhaps not you) who will want to slide all the way.  I started off by saying that this is my opinion and that I hope I am badly mistaken.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I've been here for years.

I apologize then.

You are not "unaware", just ignorant.

Stick with your unbalanced police hatred, it's what you do best.

11 minutes ago, snafu said:

Apologies, I took you for a Communist. So if you're not a Communist, you won't take it personally.  You may not be, but once that slide to the far left starts there will be people (perhaps not you) who will want to slide all the way.  I started off by saying that this is my opinion and that I hope I am badly mistaken.

I don't need to be a Communist to take it personally. It's intellectually lazy. Communism, as designed, has never really been implemented at a state level. It's exclusively been used as a tool for authoritarian leadership. North Korea calls itself a Democratic Republic - it doesn't make it so. The idea that China is Communist with people like Ma Huateng and Jack ma running around is preposterous. The USSR was not communist either as the ruling class exploited the working class for it's own benefit, albeit in a non-capitalist structure.

In order to have conversation and an exchange of ideas of any significance at all, words need to continue to have meaning.

Edited by BullBuchanan

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I don't need to be a Communist to take it personally. It's intellectually lazy. Communism, as designed, has never really been implemented at a state level. It's exclusively been used as a tool for authoritarian leadership. North Korea calls itself a Democratic Republic - it doesn't make it so. The idea that China is Communist with people like Ma Huateng and Jack ma running around is preposterous. The USSR was not communist either as the ruling class exploited the working class for it's own benefit, albeit in a non-capitalist structure.

In order to have conversation and an exchange of ideas of any significance at all, words need to continue to have meaning.

Uh huh.

4 minutes ago, snafu said:

Uh huh.

And this right here is why what you heard from some Ukranian about "communism" means precisely ***** all to me. You can't actually be bothered to internally rationalize something before making it somebody else's (my) problem.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, westside2 said:

certainly this point applies to both Ds and Rs.

reward their behaviour, expect more of the same.