Reasons why I should vote for Biden.....

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Sadly I have a couple of co-workers who actually used the riots as reasons to vote for Biden. They believe the violent people will calm down if Biden wins.

Which is exactly why the Biden camp pretended like they weren't actually happening until it hit their polling numbers. They are complicit with lawlessness and use it as a form of blackmail on the voting public. Vote for our guy or else...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, westside2 said:

I think that is the radical left's intention. Scare them into voting for Biden.

I assure you that no one of "the left" let alone "the radical left" is trying to "scare" anyone into voting for Joe Biden. Policy wise, he's significantly right of center. If elected, he would likely be the most right leaning democratic president in 100 years or more. 

If you honestly think he's left at all, you may want to look at your internal reference for what that means.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, westside2 said:

If any Democrats out there can give me some reasons to vote for him, I'm all ears. Having been a Democrat my entire life, up until recently that is. I would love to return.

Some questions I would like to know.....

1. Do you consider antifa/BLM part of the Democrats? If not, who do they belong too?

2. How does Biden plan to restart the economy when he plans on closing coal and oil?

3. Will Biden get rid of free trade with China? Will factories and pharmaceuticals return to China?

4. Will Biden cancel the tax cuts that has saved thousands of dollars for the middle class?

What exactly is his plan for health care other than Obama care and all of its flaws?

I would love to have a reason to return back to the party I grew up with. But I need to know what they actually stand for.

Thank you in advance.

I can't say why people say they might vote for Biden, but I have some thoughts about psychological reasons why they are drawn to him.

1. Biden represents old world politics--where hard working democrats got up, went to work, came home and raised their families.  Some were union workers, others perhaps felt disenfranchised by the elites, still others were the children of dems themselves.  They didn't spend much time thinking about whether the ideals of the democrat party had a net positive impact on their lives, they didn't have much time to do so just making ends meet.  

2. On the other hand, Biden after nearly 18,000 days in public life is purported to be the leader of the emerging progressive wing of the dem party.  So, a man of the people spearheads the next great dem resurgence and things like BLM, #metoo and the like--important to the emotional side of the liberal mind, and all is well.

3. Biden bumped uglies with Barrack O, the standard bearer of the modern liberal point of view, so ipso facto Biden = Barrack = just good enough.  

4. On a much deeper level, it's absolutely irrefutable that Biden has had issues putting forth any sort of cohesive messaging on his relationship with people of color, ranging from flat out stereotypical comments, to derogatory comments about black voters, the comments about Obama himself being articulate and clean (the first that could be described as such according to Joe) and what their individual choices reveal about who they really are, to his recent awkward commentary about black women stocking shelves.

It seems fairly obvious to me that many liberal voters embrace the somewhat subtle racism that Biden brings to the table.  It's not the typical liberal Biden supporter is outwardly racist, it's just that they seem to feel that while progress is great, the progress really needs to occur away from their neighborhood, away from their school district, away from them personally.  

5. Biden represents the old ways and old days of American politics.  He was knee deep in the good old boys network of Senators who ruled the halls, kicking ass, taking names, and as my friend @transplantbillsfan pointed out by way of a link to a pro-Biden article, fairly often cornering a comely young page, intern or staffer in the elevator for a quick game of "How much can I grab between floor 1 and 4?".  That particular article mentioned Biden as one that wasn't such a threat, though came woefully short of pointing out he at a minimum he enabled behavior and did nothing to protect the women at risk.  One might say he was part of the #hertoo movement, back before #metoo, when powerful men got to do pretty much anything they wanted with a woman and their friends (Biden in this case) gave them the wink and a nod in solidarity.    

I think there is some odd comfort that comes with the understanding that that sort of thing was commonplace, just the way things were, and a trade off to having Scranton Tough Guy and Malarkey king Biden carrying your water in Washington.   

6.  The tape revealing Biden bragging about shaking down the Ukrainians...I think on some level, progressives want progress but they want a strong bedrock foundation first.  Seeing Scranton Tough Guy Joe talking about how he knocked heads certainly gives the appearance of strength and power, and it wasn't like he bullied Haiti.  

**Oh--one other thing.  What's absolutely hysterical here is that many of the modern liberals are about to hop into their Prius, drive to the polling place and vote for exactly the type of politician their parents and grandparent flat out rejected as any semblance of a serious candidate for president on multiple occasions.  I'm sure some of them are rolling over in their graves thinking "I worked and sweated my ass off to provide a better life for you and your children so you could vote for a guy we collectively new was a (*^*&%^$^#40 years ago??". :bag:

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

I think the best reason/argument to vote for Biden is to stop the madness.  Granted, much of this madness is the left throwing an irrational hissy fit weekly.  There needs to be a return to normalcy.  A trump being president, whether or not it is even his fault, is the X factor.  

I am not voting for either, but that’s the best Biden argument imo.  And it’s fair

Interesting post... But brings up this question. Would it be any different do you think, if Cruz, Paul, Bush, or Rubio had won?

21 minutes ago, westside2 said:

So you give in to the child who is throwing a temper tantrum? Do you see anything that can go wrong with that kind of thinking?

That's exactly how Biden supporters were brought up. Do you think the parent of a snowflake or antifa thug ever said "No" to them??

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You can look at how H1N1 was dealt with by the Obama/Biden administration to see how a Biden administration would have handled COVID-19.

The mythic "pandemic response team" would have saved everyone, though.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

The mythic "pandemic response team" would have saved everyone, though.  

Yeah, that thing....

But seriously, all that was was a show team totally redundant of the CDC and NIH. I say show, to hide their terrible response to the H1N1

Edited by Cinga
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Interesting post... But brings up this question. Would it be any different do you think, if Cruz, Paul, Bush, or Rubio had won?

i really don’t. The other side always throws a tantrum, but not like this.  Obama brought out a pretty decent tantrum as well, much less than trump but still bigger than normal

28 minutes ago, westside2 said:

So you give in to the child who is throwing a temper tantrum? Do you see anything that can go wrong with that kind of thinking?

that’s not my point though.  You don’t see the reason/rational in giving into a child’s tantrum?  That’s the reason to vote for Biden.

Not saying it’s a good reason.  But it’s a rational reason insofar as there’s reason in giving a crying child the toy they are pouting about. 

19 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think there is some odd comfort that comes with the understanding that that sort of thing was commonplace, just the way things were, and a trade off to having Scranton Tough Guy and Malarkey king Biden carrying your water in Washington.   

I don't get this, he totally forgets about Scranton except for when he's running for something. And hell, he left there at the ripe old age of 10! He was a child who hardly had time to learn the ropes of life in an industrial town!

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

i really don’t. The other side always throws a tantrum, but not like this.  Obama brought out a pretty decent tantrum as well, much less than trump but still bigger than normal

See, and that's my point. Of course there has always been some tension between the parties, but it hardly ever boiled down to the people outside of election time. But I think beginning when Dems had both the House and Senate in 2006 and the vile they (and the media) started throwing at Bush, the public got a front row seat whether they wanted it or not.

Yes, Obama got it and I think in a way, he relished his role in it. But it still wasn't nearly as bad as Bush. Some may not have noticed it much, because Bush never dealt it back. He just stood there like a punching bag. 

I think Trump though surprised people by punching back and honestly, I thought it was about time someone did.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Joe is 'campaigning' in Gettysburg today,

Gee, you think that someone who was ahead by 14 points would be going to states that he was behind in.

😄

Is he promising to tear down those Confederate Monuments?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Cinga said:

See, and that's my point. Of course there has always been some tension between the parties, but it hardly ever boiled down to the people outside of election time. But I think beginning when Dems had both the House and Senate in 2006 and the vile they (and the media) started throwing at Bush, the public got a front row seat whether they wanted it or not.

Yes, Obama got it and I think in a way, he relished his role in it. But it still wasn't nearly as bad as Bush. Some may not have noticed it much, because Bush never dealt it back. He just stood there like a punching bag. 

I think Trump though surprised people by punching back and honestly, I thought it was about time someone did.

Is he promising to tear down those Confederate Monuments?

trump’s problem though, and it’s my main problem with him (his administration’s policies are fine), is that he invites this chaos.  He intentionally trolls and instigates a substantial amount of the population.

that alone prevents me from voting for him because it’s just a failure of the executive branch to take that role.  

Thus, im not voting for either side this election  

17 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Yeah, that thing....

But seriously, all that was was a show team totally redundant of the CDC and NIH. I say show, to hide their terrible response to the N1N1

Oh, I know.  But you'd think that they'd have "responded" to the depletion of PPE during H1N1 in the, oh, 6 years after that pandemic, which would have prevented Fauci from lying to everyone and saying masks were ineffective.