Language on TV

krf139

One thing that was obvious during the game yesterday was a few clear as day f-bombs heard from the field.  I get it's football, there are no fans and it's easier to hear what's going on (in many ways, it's a positive to have more sound from the field), but something the NFL should probably address.  If they can pipe in crowd noise, there should be an easy fix for this.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

I get why some people don’t want to hear that, or have their kids hear it.  But I’d watch games hearing only the field sounds every game if I could.  No fan noise, no announcers - just audibles, line calls, defensive adjustments and expletive infused trash talking.  Bliss. 

• Like (+1) 4

I guess they could have a video delay but complaining about f-bombs in football is a little bit funny to me. Players and fans and coaches have been dropping f-bombs probably since the leather helmets.

As long as the FCC is cool with it why worry?

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

The HUMANITY!!!!!

I worked in broadcasting most of my life and people used to treat an f-bomb over the air like a mass murder. No one cares anymore though the FCC might fine sometime just to feel relevant.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

To me, it sounded like most of the F-bombs were coming from Chucky, or at least from his sidelines.

Chucky was losing it.  I am thinking he is on his way to yet another mask fine.  Thing was off more than on......

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, krf139 said:

One thing that was obvious during the game yesterday was a few clear as day f-bombs heard from the field.  I get it's football, there are no fans and it's easier to hear what's going on (in many ways, it's a positive to have more sound from the field), but something the NFL should probably address.  If they can pipe in crowd noise, there should be an easy fix for this.  

yeah THIS is definitely what the league should be worried about 🙄

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

OMG whatever will we do?  Our puritanical ears shan’t survive this profane onslaught 😂

11 minutes ago, Pasaluki said:

I guess they could have a video delay but complaining about f-bombs in football is a little bit funny to me. Players and fans and coaches have been dropping f-bombs probably since the leather helmets.

As long as the FCC is cool with it why worry?

I'll be willing to bet they won't be.  I can recall in the past they came down on people for much less, maybe one time hearing an F bomb as opposed to multiple times.   Agree in today's day and age, no big deal, but it is to the FCC.  That seems to be their one sacred cow

13 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I get why some people don’t want to hear that, or have their kids hear it.  But I’d watch games hearing only the field sounds every game if I could.  No fan noise, no announcers - just audibles, line calls, defensive adjustments and expletive infused trash talking.  Bliss. 

This 100%. Announcers talk way too much and bombard the game rather than letting it breath. And they use the same outplayed lingo. Just awful. 

• Thank you (+1) 1