Huge play that nobody is talking about

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

When Bass made the tackle I literally said “I guess that makes up for the extra point he just missed.”  It really shows why a player can never hang his head and worry about a past play.  He’s got to shake it off and be fully ready for the next one. 

I said the same thing.  However, my cousin pointed out that he should've kicked the kickoff out of the end zone.  Depending on what he was coached, he may have had two bad kicks in a row.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, IslandBillsFan said:

I said the same thing.  However, my cousin pointed out that he should've kicked the kickoff out of the end zone.  Depending on what he was coached, he may have had two bad kicks in a row.

I think they wanted a return because they got them at the 15 the last time they ran it. 

2 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

I gave him zero credit for the tackle.  We are paying him to kick it out of the end zone every time especially in a dome like stadium.  The trilogy of horrible kicks was complete when Bojo crushed it out of the end zone after Josh took the sack.  Horrible kicks almost did lose this game. 

I think they were asking him to hang it high and allow them to return the ball rather than knock it out of the EZ.  It worked earlier in the game too.

45 minutes ago, arcane said:

Pat McAfee says that nowadays kicks happen so fast that the onus of laces being out actually falls on the long snappers, who can rotate the ball incredibly precisely. If true, laces were Reid's fault.

I agree that LS's might be able to do that, but if they don't, it should be corrected by the holder.

8 hours ago, Distorted One said:

I talked about that but it was mainly to myself.  So that doesn't really count I guess. 

However, I don't recall seeing too many plays in all my years where a kicker was able to immediately redeem himself, and then some, in that fashion.  That's how you get over a mistake.  And it was a pretty decent tackle for a kicker, IMO. 

Others may have indeed talked about this but I'm glad the OP brought it up again. 

8 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Bass looked like he wanted some contact on that tackle. Most kickers just kinda fall down at the legs of the return man and try to trip him up. Bass went right at him and made the tackle, then stood up flexing a bit after. lol Thats the way to get a miss off of your chest.

The returner made no effort to avoid kicker deciding to run thru kicker.  That was a mistake.

OP: Please update subject so we do not have duplicate threads.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Yep. I gave him immediate props, BUT I had given him a second bad grade for his short kickoff... unless it was planned and only the guys know. Missed extra point, short kickoff....then great tackle. All is forgiven... but not forgotten. He makes every kick an adventure.

I’m not sure why the vast majority of NFL KOs aren’t through the end zone.  Unless there is a special circumstance I just don’t see the benefits outweighing the negatives. In today’s NFL starting a team on the 15 versus the 25 is pretty meaningless, fumbles are very rare and a big return is a huge momentum swing.

21 hours ago, IslandBillsFan said:

Possibly.  It depends on what he was told to do.  I think a lot of teams outsmart themselves and get too cute with kickoffs. 

On 10/5/2020 at 8:50 AM, DCbillsfan said:

WGR was just talking about this.  Jeremy White thought the Bills should have gone for 2 point conversion.  Make it and it's a 2 possession game.  I agree.

I was thinking the same thing go for 2 because you are already up 7 and you can make it a 2 possession game. That’s on McDermott. 

On 10/5/2020 at 9:20 AM, Charles Romes said:

I gave him zero credit for the tackle.  We are paying him to kick it out of the end zone every time especially in a dome like stadium.  The trilogy of horrible kicks was complete when Bojo crushed it out of the end zone after Josh took the sack.  Horrible kicks almost did lose this game. 

but he made the tackle...how does he not get credit for it?

• Like (+1) 1

I don't get why everyone is freaking out about Bass.

Yes, the Jets game was ugly, but after that there has been no real issue.

That Extra Point he missed in the Raiders game was the first one he missed all season.

Get a grip people.