Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

Sounds completely fair......  No competitive advantage for Bills opponents at all.  NFL punishes the Titans by making their opponent this week prepare for 2 teams at the same time.  Yeah......sounds fair.....

And don't forget heaven being moved so that our biggest division rival can play their Denver game with extra time to get their star QB and CB back....

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

standards are different cause the only way now to deal with titans game is add extra week at end of season

It’s been floated as an idea to move this game to TNF and then chiefs to MNF. I would hate this! Would give chiefs 8 days prep and Bills 3. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

What benefit is there to telling the public? They're gathering real time information to make the best decision possible. Things are fluid, even when you have a well laid out plan. You have to adjust based on new information otherwise you're just as poor of a leader as the guy who doesn't make a plan in the first place. EDIT: My point on this is that you see the chaos associated with constantly changing what's going on... sometimes it is better to wait to make a decision rather than whipping back and forth between outcomes. It avoids panic and confusion.

I would say the plan was probably predicated on professional athletes and adults being able to follow a simple set of rules in order to avoid this situation.

I think the league in conjunction with the NFLPA were well within in their right to believe that all 32 organizations and their players would understand the magnitude of a global pandemic and follow the rules that were agreed upon via collective bargaining in order to conduct the season. 

Fair enough.  No doubt there are things going on that I & we do not know about.

I feel like I see more adjustment w/ the other leagues - more of an acceptance of the reality of a pandemic, and a willingness to cut into profits if necessary to ensure a successful season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The game being played on Tuesday I give a 40% chance.  Titans players and staff keep coming up positive.  NE game is moved to next weekend.  The NFL is scrambling but forfeits may happen to teams who flaunt the rules.  

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

What benefit is there to telling the public? They're gathering real time information to make the best decision possible. Things are fluid, even when you have a well laid out plan. You have to adjust based on new information otherwise you're just as poor of a leader as the guy who doesn't make a plan in the first place. EDIT: My point on this is that you see the chaos associated with constantly changing what's going on... sometimes it is better to wait to make a decision rather than whipping back and forth between outcomes. It avoids panic and confusion.

I would say the plan was probably predicated on professional athletes and adults being able to follow a simple set of rules in order to avoid this situation.

I think the league in conjunction with the NFLPA were well within in their right to believe that all 32 organizations and their players would understand the magnitude of a global pandemic and follow the rules that were agreed upon via collective bargaining in order to conduct the season.

I'm going to break this down into two pieces: the coaches/players and the general public.

Coaches/players: The NFL needs to be transparent over and above anyone else, to the coaches and to the players.

The players need to be given transparent information about what's going on down in Tennessee and what objective standards are being applied to lead the NFL to believe it's safe for the Bills players to travel to Tenn. and play this game.  They need to be clear in their own minds that it's not a different standard being applied to different games by different teams.  They are the ones assuming what risks there are, and they are the ones who need to be informed.

The benefit to the NFL telling the public is to preserve their public reputation. 

What does the NFL advertise: "Football is Family".  All the things they do - requiring media availability from coaches and players, publicity, advertisements - it's all designed to promote fan engagement and passionate fan loyalty to a team.

So right now we have a city with a passionate, loyal fan base has a situation that superficially looks like the NFL violating its own policies to fit in a game against an outbreak team being investigated for violating protocols, for our guys.  While another team is being given the white glove treatment and rescheduled.

It's not a good look.  It's damaging to "the Shield", the NFL's public reputation.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

The Nfl must be really screwed with the Titans schedule and this game since they had to accommodate for the titans bye week already. If week 18 was an option I’d have to think this would be put in play. And since it doesn’t seem like that’s an option the only other option would be a cancel or a forfeit which ain’t happening.  

im surprised they don’t have their supercomputers running millions of simulations to see about moving multiple games teams around. 

So I really think the Titans need to be made an example of. I’m talking unprecedented punishment. They’re costing players, teams, employees, etc etc to lose millions of combined dollars not to mention TV revenue. And of course, the health factor. 

I’m talking take away all of their first and second round picks for the next two drafts, fine them 100MM and ban Vrabel from the NFL for the rest of this season. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

The Nfl must be really screwed with the Titans schedule and this game since they had to accommodate for the titans bye week already. If week 18 was an option I’d have to think this would be put in play. And since it doesn’t seem like that’s an option the only other option would be a cancel or a forfeit which ain’t happening.  

im surprised they don’t have their supercomputers running millions of simulations to see about moving multiple games teams around. 

I feel the same way.  Adding a week or more onto the season seems to be an absolutely last resort or we'd be hearing more about that possibility right now.

Certainly looks like the NFL is desperate to get the Titans/Bills game played. I assume that's largely because they have (currently)  reworked schedule, that gets the games all played within the 17 weeks.

It would seem that they are so desperate, that they are prepared to do away with, or change, their own agreed protocols to do so.

I can only believe that the NFLPA is agreeing to this, so it should be no surprise when McCourty comes out and says he doen't think either the NFLPA, or the NFL, are talking to players themselves about all this.

I think that if any Bills player, or staff member, tests positive, if the game is played, then there could be a major lawsuit coming.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

I am chalking up the KC game as a loss.  Bills will be short on time to rest and prepare.  Stinks 

I would have really loved to see these two teams play on even ground. It would be one hell of a game.  It may be anyways but its a disaster.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

I would have really loved to see these two teams play on even ground. It would be one hell of a game.  It may be anyways but its a disaster.

It would have been a candidate for regular season game of the years.  Still is I guess, but this definitely takes away from it.

Edited by Success